|All Grown Up!|
|# of episodes:||55|
|Running time:||approx. 0:22 (per episode)|
|Original run:||April 12, 2003 - August 17, 2008|
All Grown Up! is the second incarnation in the Rugrats franchise and produced by Klasky Csupo Inc.
The series revolves around the lives of the familiar characters, now ten years later. It premiered in April 2003 as a preview before starting its regular run in late November (although in October, it began its regular run on YTV in Canada).
The show is based on "All Growed Up", the Rugrats 10th anniversary special (aired in 2001), which proved popular enough that Nickelodeon decided to commission a whole series. Production began in September 2002. The principal characters and their traits (as well as their voice performers) have been carried over from the original Rugrats series, with a handful of changes and additions.
- → Main article: List of All Grown Up! characters
- → Main article: All Grown Up! episode list
Home video releases
- → Main article: All Grown Up! videography
All Grown Up! received mixed reviews from fans of the original series. While they were happy to see their old friends from Rugrats return, they felt that it was too bland and generic and lacked the charm, creativity and feel of the original series, which had a very unique premise. It was also criticized for rewriting the characters' personalities and having many continuity problems and retconning. However, the show does have a cult following.
When the series premiered its regular run, more than 3.2 million viewers, and over a third of all kids watching cable in the United States, tuned in, enough to put it into the 2nd place slot for the week, behind an NFL game on ESPN, and making it the highest-rated premiere in Nick's history (when the sneak peek episoe=de aired in April, it didn't make the top 15 cable programs for that week, due to the ongoing war in Iraq).
- During summer 2003, teasers for the show aired. However, the scenes shown were not from actual episodes of the show. The teasers showed:
- Tommy filming Chuckie for a video he's making
- Lil telling Phil in the cafeteria that he's immature
- Kimi ordering pizza to Lil at her pizza place
- Angelica and Susie running for class president
- Kimi chatting with Chuckie at the Java Lava
- Tommy and Dil having a fight
- Dil hugging Angelica in front of everyone
- There were rumors about a crossover episode with Rocket Power, but that was just a hoax.
- Klasky-Csupo's All Grown Up! area on cooltoons.com (Studio site)
(Geraldine Laybourne era)
|Doug • Rugrats • The Ren and Stimpy Show • Rocko's Modern Life • Aaahh!!! Real Monsters|
(Herb Scannell era)
|Hey Arnold! • KaBlam! • The Angry Beavers • Oh Yeah! Cartoons • CatDog • The Wild Thornberrys • SpongeBob SquarePants • Rocket Power • Pelswick • As Told by Ginger • The Fairly OddParents • Invader Zim • ChalkZone • The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron • My Life as a Teenage Robot • All Grown Up! • Rugrats Pre-School Daze • Danny Phantom • Avatar: The Last Airbender • Catscratch • The X's • Mr. Meaty|
(Cyma Zarghami era)
|El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera • The Mighty B! • Back at the Barnyard • The Penguins of Madagascar • Fanboy & Chum Chum • Planet Sheen • T.U.F.F. Puppy • Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness • The Legend of Korra • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles • Robot and Monster • Sanjay and Craig • Rabbids Invasion • Breadwinners • Harvey Beaks • Pig Goat Banana Cricket • The Loud House|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found