Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Are You Happy Now?"|
|Season 8, Episode 169A|
|Airdate:||March 31, 2012|
|Written by:|| Luke Brookshier|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Fiasco!"||"Planet of the Jellyfish"|
On a fine day at the Krusty Krab, Patrick is shown behind the restaurant climbing out of a dumpster eating a Krabby Patty. The camera then pans over to SpongeBob, showing him reading the "Krusty Krab Schedule" book, much to Squidward being annoyed. SpongeBob then claims that the book has a list of "his happiest memories". Squidward takes the book and "accidentally" drops it on the grill. However, SpongeBob has multiple copies of the book in a cabinet, which he proceeds to get one. SpongeBob then asks Squidward if he has a happiest memory, in which he replies, "No". Feeling concerned, SpongeBob tries to ask Squidward if he can help make a happiest memory for him, which he accepts. First, SpongeBob takes Squidward to a concert. That didn't go well, however, since the violin player accidentally shot Squidward in the eye with the violin. Then, both of them head to the Bikini Bottom Art Museum. One of Squidward's masterpieces is in the museum, which is praised by critics. Squidward is happy until a famous art critic named Fiasco burns his artwork with a flame thrower. And after that, SpongeBob takes Squidward on a hot air balloon ride. That doesn't go well, since Squidward is afraid of heights, so SpongeBob tries to get Squidward down by popping the balloon (because the balloon has no heater to make it deflate) and both of them land on a mountain which is actually Mount Bikini, ruining a mountain climber's chance to be the first one on the mountain. Then, the two along with the mountain climber slide off the mountain due to an avalanche. When SpongeBob and Squidward slide back to their homes, Squidward insists that he will never have a happiest memory. 2 weeks later, Squidward is left in his house doing nothing but being unhappy. SpongeBob then becomes even more concerned for Squidward and tries to get ahold of him, but fails. He then traps Squidward in a box, and takes him to the Krusty Krab, where he reveals that he created a party to cheer Squidward up. Unfortantley, SpongeBob failed to get anyone else to come, because some of them were busy or sick, so instead he made 100 paper-mâché life-sized models of himself. Squidward hates seeing more than one sculpture of SpongeBob in one place so he goes beserk and destroys all the paper-mâché sculptures and claims this to be his "happiest memory".
- Girl Goners - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
- ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [opening at Krusty Krab]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["I guess I don't have a happiest memory."]
- Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["How can you live without a happiest memory?"]
- ? [Squidward cries]
- ? [string concert]
- ? [museum]
- ? ["This is my sculpture!"]
- ? ["Ooh, you're just in time!"]
- Rainbow Delights - Jane Antonia Cornish ["Gosh, I can't believe it!"]
- ? [Squidward's sculpture is burned]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Squidward leave the museum]
- Fancytale - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob and Squidward in a hot air balloon]
- Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [Squidward's afraid of heights]
- Chase Cue 1 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob pops the balloon]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["Son of a seahorse!"]
- Missile Disaster - John Fox ["We're the first to reach the top of Mount Bikini!"]
- Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [SpongeBob plants the flag in Squidward's foot]
- ? - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob plants the flag in Squidward's foot]
- Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [avalanche]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward arrives home, depressed]
- Animal Antics - Phillip Green [two weeks later...]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["At least he's still alive."]
- Horror Crash - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob falls]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Gary's shell breaks]
- ? [SpongeBob calls Squidward]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [burnt brownies]
- ? [SpongeBob emerges from Squidward's fax machine]
- ? ["I can't seem to get happy."]
- Small Birds - Phillip Green [pet scallop]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["Nope, I guess not."]
- Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [empty box]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob emerges from the box]
- Ta-Ra C - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [party at Krusty Krab]
- Proud Fanfare - David Farnon [party at Krusty Krab]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["You don't seem to understand."]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward goes crazy]
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 8th Season
- This and its sister episode Planet of the Jellyfish shows Squidward having a mailbox on his door.
- Squidward has actually had happy times before, such as winning "House Fancy", going to Atlantis in "Atlantis SquarePantis", beating Squilliam in "Band Geeks", going on a date with Squilvia in "Love That Squid", and even several happy moments in his tiki land in "Enchanted Tiki Dreams".
- This is the second time the mailman has messed up Squidward's name. The first time was in The Great Snail Race.
- When Squidward climbs the walls during his rampage, it's a reference to the Wacky Wall Walker, a toy which is thrown against walls, sticks to them, and looks like it's crawling down as it falls. The toy is designed to look like an octopus.
- This episode and One Coarse Meal, are controversial because a character in each (Plankton, or Squidward) both tried to commit suicide.
- This is the second time a skull and crossbones appear in a character's eyes. The first time was in "Pre-Hibernation Week".
- The cage that Squidward had kept a scallop inside has the same design of the cage Triton was locked in from "The Clash of Triton".
- It is revealed in this episode that Squidward is afraid of heights, but in the episode "No Hat for Pat", Squidward wasn't afraid when he was on the diving board with Patrick.
- This episode shares the same name with the song by Michelle Branch.
- The episode also shares the same name with a song sung by Megan and Liz.