|"Banned in Bikini Bottom"|
|Season 5, Episode 100A|
|Original air date:||November 23, 2007|
|Written by:|| Aaron Springer|
|Guest(s):||Andrea Martin as Miss Gristle-Puss|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"SpongeHenge"||"Stanley S. SquarePants"|
While SpongeBob is making Krabby Patties, he sings a song about how much he loves them, but stops in the middle and, while Squidward is stacking cups (in the form of a triangle), he yells the rest of the song out loud, annoying Miss Gristlepuss and causing Krabby Patties to be banned. Mr. Krabs causes the Krusty Krab to be closed by threatening Ms. Gristlepuss with a French fry strainer. Meanwhile, Plankton at first thinks Mr. Krabs changed the name to "Closed Krab," but soon figured out he could take advantage of the moment and went out to celebrate. Mr. Krabs's archenemy soon discovered in surprise that the Krusty Krab has secretly been reopened at Spongebob's Pineapple. He threatens Patrick who was asking Plankton for the "password" while finding that his threats make up the password. While Krabs was checking for cops, he goes to check on SpongeBob who was afraid of becoming arrested for making an illegal product. Mr. Krabs forces SpongeBob to work otherwise there would be weekends off. Plankton discovers Krabs is doing his regular business "under the table" and calls the cops. In the blink of an eye, they arrive to clean up the Krabby Patties and arrest the employees. Miss Gristlepuss trips and a Krabby Patty drops into her mouth which made her love the sandwich and forgave the Krusty Crew. Again, Plankton's plans failed and he hides inside one of the Krabby Patties only to be eaten by Ms. Gristlepuss.
- This episode's plot is oddly similar to that of the CatDog episode "Just Say CatDog Sent Ya".
- In the credits, Mrs. Gristlepuss is called 'Miss Priss'.
- This episode was set to premiere with "The Battle of Bikini Bottom" but aired with "Stanley S. SquarePants" instead.
- When SpongeBob is under his table, Mr. Krabs says he'll make SpongeBob take weekends off if he doesn't continue cooking Krabby Patties, but in SB-129, he is off on Sunday, which is the weekend. Mr. Krabs must have meant the entire weekends.
- The episode alludes to the Prohibition Era, with the Krabby Patties representing alcohol and the secret Krusty Krab representing a Speakeasy.
- Mrs. Gristlepuss' husband strongly resembles Duke Nukem.
- Also, Miss Gristlepuss' husband say "Hello, This is Al G.", which sounds like algae.
- Miss Gristlepuss is voiced by SCTV alumna Andrea Martin.
- The police cannot make a food illegal, as the police only enforce the law. It is the government that makes the laws. And even then it would take some time to get it passed (if it is even passed). While here, it only took one day to pass.
- Mr. Krabs calls the cash register "Betsy" in this episode, but in "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" he calls it "Cashy"
- If one were selling an illegal product in secret, it would be a dead-give away with a banner at the location in plan view.
- Even though she calls herself Miss Gristlepuss, she should be called Mrs. Gristlepuss, because she is married.
- SpongeBob had a watch when Krabs was standing outside the Krusty Krab, saying that Krabs was standing there for four days. It is possible he had a stopwatch or digital watch.
- The Galley Grub wasn't seen in the Secret Krusty Krab. A probable explanation was that Mr. Krabs didn't have time to write another one after his original one was still locked in the Krusty Krab.
- During the scene of Plankton encountering Patrick, the law of gravity was ignored for a while in order to make a joke where Plankton falls with his ladder.
- Harold was seen outside the pineapple when Plankton hears his "shoving" conversation, but he was found waiting in line inside the Secret Krusty Krab.
- The Secret Krusty Krab most likely made a rule in which there is a limit of customers present within the building.
- Patrick and Squidward weren't seen being arrested when the police arrived at the Secret Krusty Krab. Maybe it's because they weren't making Krabby Patties. And the fact that Squidward was probably also against the Secret Krusty Krab.
- All the main characters appear in this episode except Sandy Cheeks.
- A banner in SpongeBob's house says "Keep it secret. Keep it safe." This is a reference to a line said in The Lord of the Rings- The Fellowship of the Ring.
- When Squidward said "Do you want to 'Secret Size' that for $2 more" is a parody of McDonalds and their policy of allowing their customers to 'Super Size' their meal for more money.
- In reality, Miss. Gristlepuss has no power of shutting down the Krusty Krab and banning Krabby Patties only for the reason of it being "Fun and Delicious", even if her husband is the chief of police. They must have a better reason like it being poisonous for it being banned. But, if the previous is true, and the Krusty Krab is still shut down, they can be arrested for false accusations.
- When Mrs. Gristlepuss meets Mr. Krabs, his belt is missing. In the next shot, he is wearing his belt.
- When SpongeBob is singing his song about Krabby Patties, the patties on the stove disappear.
- When Plankton asked Harold and Nat what was going on, he was wearing a suit. When he went up to SpongeBob's door and talked to Patrick, his suit was gone.
- When Mr. Krabs went to the cash register to Squidward for misbehaving at Mrs. Gristlepuss and her crew, he was behind the boat and his body was overlapping the register.
- When the Secret Krusty Krab was found by cops, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs are handcuffed, but when Mrs. Gristlepuss accidentally falls down and eats a Krabby Patty, SpongeBob's handcuffs disappear.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: WhoBob WhatPants?
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 5, Volume 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete Fifth Season