|Season 8, Episode 164A|
|Airdate:||September 16, 2011|
|Written by:|| Aaron Springer|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Plankton's Good Eye"||"Pet Sitter Pat"|
The night before the big school dance, Pearl gets a hideous barnacle on her face. After requesting expensive treatment to get rid of the blemish, Mr. Krabs was ready to ask SpongeBob about Pearl's help death. He tries prying the barnacle out with his spatula, then a shovel, then a jackhammer, all to no avail. Then, when Pearl washes her face with soap, more barnacles sprouted up. Thinking all hope is lost, she locks herself in the restroom and cries violently. SpongeBob then decides to simply hide the barnacles under a layer of facial cream, which ends up making Pearl's face look severely deformed. Finally, when Pearl asks SpongeBob to get her more soap from the basement, he finds Mr. Krabs producing the house's soap from leftover Krabby Patties. Realizing that she's been washing her face with grease, Pearl screams at her father and gives up trying to remove the barnacles. SpongeBob, inspired by something she said, resolves to cover up the barnacles with Mr. Krabs' precious jewels. Pearl's friends are dazzled by her sparkling face, and they happily depart for the school dance. Mr. Krabs, furious that Pearl is disappear to wear his diamond wolves, desperately sprints after her, as the episode ends.
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
- ? [opening at high school]
- Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford [barnacle on Pearl's face]
- Shock Happening 2 - Harry Lubin [Pearl screams]
- Shock Happening 1 - Harry Lubin [Pearl screams again]
- ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob mopping the Krusty Krab floor]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Pearl enters, crying]
- Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Krabs screams]
- ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Pearl listing what she wants]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [two customers leave]
- ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["This is eating away at me profit margarine."]
- Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob singing, mopping]
- ? [SpongeBob salutes]
- ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs asks SpongeBob to get rid of Pearl's barnacle]
- ? ["I will do you this favor."]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I don't know, SpongeBob."]
- ? - Nicolas Carr ["He was a really good hypnotist."]
- ? [SpongeBob using his spatula to remove the barnacle]
- Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["I don't think the spatula's gonna work."]
- ? [SpongeBob uses a shovel]
- ? [jackhammer]
- ? [Pearl scrubbing her face]
- Horror Crash - Harry Lubin [Pearl screams]
- Dramatic Bridge 3 - Phillip Green [more barnacles]
- ? [SpongeBob sniffing soap]
- Shock (f) - Dave Hewson [Krabs screams]
- Mystery Murder [#60] - Phillip Green ["Something wrong, Mr. Krabs?"]
- Clumsy A - Bernd Gesell ["It's just me beloved daughter Pearl."]
- ? [Pearl crying in the bathroom]
- ? ["Hey!"]
- Tipsy Turvy - Phillip Green [Pearl grabs soap]
- Alone in the Old House - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob in the basement]
- ? - Nicolas Carr ["Soap press?"]
- Pizzicato Polka - Clive Harrison [Krabs making soap bars out of Krabby Patties]
- Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["DADDY!!!"]
- ? [Pearl cries]
- A Pirate's Life for Me (a) - Ron Goodwin ["Don't worry, Pearl."]
- ? [Pearl cries again]
- Droopy - Arthur Harold Wilkinson ["I think I have an idea."]
- ? [Pearl's face covered in diamonds]
- ? ["We shall see forthwith."]
- ? [Pearl and her friends go to the dance]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 8th Season
- The barnacle growing on pearls face is a possible parody of the medical condition Craniopagus Parasiticus.
- Barnacles are depicted as pimples in this episode. In real-life, they're parasitic invertebrates who permanently attach themselves to hard surfaces, such as boat hulls and whale skin.
- The barnacles on Pearl's face appear to be Acorn Barnacles.
- If SpongeBob mentioned that Hypnosis was used to get rid of a barnacle on Patrick, it is unknown why didn't he use it in the first place on Pearl's barnacle.
- This episode is very similar to a comic strip "Barnacles" when SpongeBob sleeps through his day off and gets covered in barnacles.
- In this episode, it is revealed that SpongeBob knows how to swim. In SpongeGuard on Duty, SpongeBob does not know how to swim, but he probably had learned swimming because at the end of that episode, Larry teaches Patrick and him to swim.