Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Big Pink Loser"|
|Season 2, Episode 23A|
|Airdate:||November 16, 2000|
|Written by:|| Jay Lender|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Bossy Boots"||"Bubble Buddy"|
- "NO! This is Patrick!!"
- ―Patrick yelling into the telephone when someone asks if they're calling the Krusty Krab
"Big Pink Loser" is the first segment of the 23rd episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
As Patrick wakes up, a mailfish gives him a package. Curious, he opens it, and finds a trophy inside. Excited, he starts showing everyone that he has a trophy (even the jellyfish and Bikini Atoll). He shows SpongeBob, who realizes that the trophy is actually for him. Patrick is disappointed, even more so when he sees the contents of SpongeBob's award closet. SpongeBob tries to help him find a way to win an award, and eventually Patrick decides to get a job at the Krusty Krab. However, Patrick is unable to perform even the simplest tasks properly, and after he fails in every possible position of work, SpongeBob presents him with the extremely basic task of opening a jar, which Patrick still finds difficult. Eventually, however, Patrick succeeds in opening the jar, and he and SpongeBob begin celebrating.The next day, Patrick begins copying SpongeBob at work in hope of achieving the same success as his friend. When SpongeBob realizes this, he attempts to make him stop, but is unsuccessful until he dresses up as Patrick, which makes Patrick realize the error of his ways, and that he is a loser in every sense of the word. However, Patrick is then suddenly given an award for "doing absolutely nothing longer than anyone else." He then goes back under his rock to "protect (his) title."
- This is the first time Patrick's surname is mentioned.
- When Patrick throws the broom on the ground in the kitchen, it disappears after he opens the jar.
- When Patrick copies SpongeBob in the kitchen, they "drop" their spatulas. Afterwards, SpongeBob and Patrick point to each other, but the spatulas are nowhere to be seen.
- This episode was voted by fans as the best episode of Season Two.
- The title card music was later reused in "The Inmates of Summer", "Gone", "Ditchin'" and "Professor Squidward".
- In some versions, at the beginning of the episode, the sound of the parcel being shoved into Patrick's mouth is heard before the mailman actually shoves it into his mouth.
- Patrick yells at the wrong half of the phone when he says "No! This is Patrick!" for the second time.
- When Patrick jumps out of the water to show his award to the island, he begins suffocating. However, in the episode "Pressure", Patrick and the other characters were able to survive on land for a while.
- When Patrick arrives at SpongeBob's house, the door does not open.
- When SpongeBob's nose pops back out when he is pretending to be Patrick, his buck teeth aren't shown when he is frowning. However, in the next scene, he still has the same frown and his teeth are now visible.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick enter the kitchen so Patrick can open a jar, a small table is seen to the left of the stove, when there is usually nothing there
- The subtitles for this episode are incorrect at times, such as "And make sure the food gets to the customer" being shown as "and be sure the tray gets to the customer.", and when SpongeBob says to Patrick "No, you have to bring the tray to the customer.", the subtitles say "custom".
- There is a CD storybook based on this episode named "And The Winner Is..."
- Though this is a season two episode, it utilizes elements of the animation from season one, namely, Patrick having threes for eyebrows, instead of Z's.
- It is revealed that SpongeBob and Patrick have mind reading abilities between themselves.
- When Patrick is picking up the stuff he thinks is a jar, he picks up Spongebob from by his feet. However, SpongeBob is across the room just a few second before.
- It can be speculated that the only reason Patrick won his award at the end was because SpongeBob (who always wins awards) was pretending to be Patrick and was the one who actually received the award.
- When Spongebob says "No, no Patrick! That's my--" For a split second, you can see he has no buck teeth. It appears afterwards.
- Patrick would not have been able to paint his rock to look like SpongeBob's house while they were at work and he spent the entire work day trying to mimic SpongeBob.
- Squidward said he quit after he heard Patrick was joining the Krusty Krab, but when they ran out of the restaurant when Patrick went too far copying SpongeBob, he puts on his hat and goes back in, so it could have just been an excuse to get away from the two of them.
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|