Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 5, Episode 94A|
|Airdate:||August 3, 2007|
|Written by:|| Greg Miller|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"BlackJack"||"Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob"|
The episode starts off with SpongeBob dreaming that he is a strong, muscular man who is trying to beat Jack M. Crazyfish at his own game to save the woman tied on the train lines (actually with a game of scissors, paper, rock). SpongeBob eventually jumps in from of the train but just as it is about to hit him he wakes up. Soon after, SpongeBob gives himself a black eye due to an attempt to open up the toothpaste cap. He lies to Patrick, Sandy and the Krusty Krab customers describing that he defeated an outlaw. Blackened sponge
However, Crazyfish arrives at the Krusty Krab, which makes SpongeBob tell the truth and giving himself another black eye in the process, but Crazyfish just claims he just came to the Krusty Krabs because he heard SpongeBob makes good Krabby Patties. At the end, after accidentally throwing the food into Crazyfish's face, they play a game of scissors, paper, rock (because where Crazyfish comes from it's how they settle arguements). Crazyfish then cheats in the game to win, as SpongeBob screams.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: To Love a Patty
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 5 - Volume 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 5th Season
- SpongeBob tells Sandy he got the black eye in a fight with Jack M. Crazyfish (the summary before the story). Then he told the story, but he said that he got the black eye by "miscalculating the trajectory of the cup, and the straw jabbing him in the eye" and not from the fight with Crazyfish.
- Manatees make their only appearance in this episode. They act like cattle.
- The music on when SpongeBob tries to open the toothpaste is not the usual Hawaiian guitar, but has a harpsichord, and a bassoon.
- This is the first time Jack M. Crazyfish has appeared in an episode. He later made a cameo with a different voice in "20,000 Patties Under the Sea".
- In SpongeBob's bathroom when he turns muscular and tries to open the toothpaste, the bubbles by his hand stop moving for a moment.
- While SpongeBob was getting his wrench to pry open his toothpaste, his feet squeaked, despite that he wasn't wearing his shoes.
- In SpongeBob's bathroom when it shows the toothpaste cap bouncing off everything, one of the things it bounces off of is the wringer, later seen in Stuck in the Wringer.
- In SpongeBob's dream sequence the song "Galloping Gertie" can be heard.
- This is the third time SpongeBob is shown with a black eye. The first two were "No Weenies Allowed" and "Krabby Land".
- When the screen shows a close up of the clam, it says KRYSTY KRAB and not KRUSTY KRAB.
- Jack M. Crazyfish has the same voice as Professor Calamitous on Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius.
- It's strange how nobody realized he was lying especially because of the major discontinuity between his stories, you'd think at least two people would figure it out, then again maybe none of the characters were anywhere near each other even off screen.
- One of SpongeBob's Jack M. Crazyfish stories is strikingly similar to an archetypical western (the one where the lady fish is tied to railroad tracks).
- Technically, in a way, there is a such thing as a pain gland; they're called nerves.
- SpongeBob's story changes with each retelling.
- Mr. Krabs's skin turned lighter like in "Help Wanted" when he said he's right.
- During the telling of his story in the Krusty Krab SpongeBob said, "I emerged from my fruit-shaped bungalow fresh as a bee" but we have seen from numerous episodes that his house has more than one floor so cannot be considered a bungalow.
- When SpongeBob tells his story to Sandy, in the prologue SpongeBob doesn't wear a hat. But, when Jack M. Crazyfish is crying when his wig is falling, SpongeBob is wearing a Krusty Krab hat, but there is no anchor in that hat. When SpongeBob drinks the tears, his hat was gone.
- This is the third time SpongeBob is shown as muscular.
- SpongeBob uses Krust toothpaste, obviously a parody of Crest.
- When SpongeBob spilled mustard on Jack M. Crazyfish's shirt, the mustard was still there. After they were playing rock-paper-scissors, the mustard is gone.
- On TV listings, the titled is misspelled as "Blackened Songe".