"Bossy Boots" is the second segment of the 22nd episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
At the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is holding a meeting. He says that Pearl has lots of new ideas to help improve profits, and is therefore going to work in the Krusty Krab during her summer vacation. Squidward does not like being told what to do by a teenager, and teams up with SpongeBob to protect their jobs. SpongeBob would rather prefer new spatulas, but tolerates Pearl's strange ideas. She issues the employees new pink floral uniforms. She also changes the name to the 'Kuddly Krab', and changes the whole place into a teen hangout (it looks more like a childcare centre though). SpongeBob is told to make a salad, but he has never heard of it and pronounces it wrong. He then makes a Krabby Patty and shows it to Pearl. She tells him to take off the buns and the patty, leaving only tomatoes and lettuce. The menu's changed, and there's only two things: salad and tea. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob that the new ideas are actually causing a loss, and Pearl has to be fired. He does not want to do it, so he asks SpongeBob to fire her. ("It's OK if she hates you!") When SpongeBob calls Pearl in the kitchen and is on the brink of firing her, Pearl tells him that she hates the job and actually wanted to be fired, and she gets fired. However, Mr. Krabs does not know how to get all the spent money back. SpongeBob finds a solution to this problem by buying everything in the Krusty Krab (it cost him one year's salary) much to Gary's sadness.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Sponge-a-Rama
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Tide and Seek
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 2nd Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob, You're Fired!
- This episode was originally titled "Working Pearl", but was later changed to "Bossy Boots." Still, Comcast's guide uses the original title. It used to be like that on DirecTV's guide as well, but it was soon changed to its actual title. During Nickelodeon's "The Best Day Ever" marathon, it was also referred to as "Working Pearl" by Patchy the Pirate.
- This is the first time we see Mr. Krabs in a cash coma.
- When SpongeBob had a piece of paper, it had the workers, with mustaches, on one side. When he turned around, there is nothing on either side of the paper.
- This is for now the only episode in which Squidward and Pearl talk to each other.
- SpongeBob's sleeves are gone when a shot of the menu is shown.
- In one of the final shots, SpongeBob's house is shown, but Squidward's house is nowhere to be seen.
- Pearl rang a bell to SpongeBob saying "SpongeBob, order up!" but captions are missing his name: 1. ( bell rings ), 2. Order up!
- When Fred says "Hey, lady, where can we get something to eat?" his voice sounds like a old person.
- Mr. Krabs' "five easy payments of only $9.95" line is missing a period at the end of the sentence in closed captions.
- When this episode was shown on DVD the title card music is completely different but with the same song.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Bossy Boots. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|"Something Smells"||"Big Pink Loser"|