|"Bucket Sweet Bucket"|
|Season 5, Episode 86b|
|Original air date:||July 27, 2007|
|Written by:|| Casey Alexander|
|Directed by:||Alan Smart|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Roller Cowards"||"To Love a Patty"|
"Bucket Sweet Bucket" is the second segment of the 86th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
Plankton is tired of the Chum Bucket's lack of business. So he tricks SpongeBob and Patrick into fixing it up, horribly. Squidward criticizes them, and tells them that they weren't painting correctly, He joins in, and paints different art on the front of the restaurant. Plankton sees this as an opportunity to purloin the Krabby Patty formula, as Mr. Krabs is on vacation. However, when Plankton slides into the safe, he finds out that Mr. Krabs has replaced the formula with a to do list and reveals that he keeps the formula in another safe when he goes on vacation. When Plankton comes out of the safe, the Krusty Krab is out of its place, on The Chum Bucket's foundation! Mr. Krabs sees this and literally pushes the Krusty Krab to its normal spot, with Plankton going back to the Chum Bucket, now gone. After about a day, Mr. Krabs is enjoying the remodeled Krusty Krab, which was remodeled by Squidward who used parts of the Chum Bucket, including the floors of the Chum Bucket for the new wall areas, the walls of the Chum Bucket for the central fountain, and Plankton's wife for the computer. The episode ends with a customer wanting to order a Krabby Patty, until Mr. Krabs persuades him to get 4 of them for $100.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom Adventures
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 5, Volume 1
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 5th Season
- Amazingly, Squidward shows almost no hostility to SpongeBob, Patrick, or Plankton in this episode. This also happens in "Krabby Road".
- The computer game SpongeBob was playing was Solitaire, a game that is pre-installed on Windows computers.
- Karen implies it's the poor upkeep of the Chum Bucket that keeps customers away, but it's really the poor quality of the food. In fact, she often suggests Plankton come up with new recipes to attract customers.
- Squidward uses SpongeBob's line, "Everyone's a critic" in "Frankendoodle."
- It is very exaggerated when Mr. Krabs kicks his own throat security box of the secret formula, would have been more reasonable had taken the bottle of formula in one of his bags of luggage.
- Like in the episode "Krabby Road," SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Plankton are all the main characters.
- The plot is also very similar as Plankton uses SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward (without them knowing) in a way to help him steal the Krabby Patty formula.
- This is the first time Karen is working at the Krusty Krab. It would happen again in "Karen 2.0."
- This is the last time that animation director Larry Leichliter has been on the show; he left to work on The Mighty B!
- This episode's title is a pun of the phrase "Home Sweet Home."
- When Plankton is talking to SpongeBob before entering the Chum Bucket, SpongeBob has paint on him but in the next shot, there's no paint on him.
- His painters hat also disappears.
- When Squidward sees the Chum Bucket being painted he is in his 'walking out-fit', but while he's painting, he's back to his normal clothes.
- In this episode, Plankton seems bigger than usual.
- Squidward has headphones on when he is walking, but when he walks up to the Chum Bucket, the headphones have vanished.
- When Plankton and SpongeBob walked over to the window that Patrick made, the window had eight bolts on it. However, after Plankton notices that the window is closed, it had six bolts on it. Then, when Patrick commented on how weird it was for Plankton wanting to see out the window, it had seven bolts. Finally, after Plankton bit off one of the bolts, eight spots are seen again.
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|