Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 4, Episode 74A|
|Airdate:||October 13, 2006|
|Written by:|| Casey Alexander|
|← Previous||Next →|
"Bummer Vacation" is the first segment of the 74th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants
At the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs receives a warning saying that SpongeBob has worked too much without any vacation time and that if SpongeBob does not take a vacation, he will have to pay a fine. So he sends SpongeBob on a vacation. SpongeBob goes home, goes to bed, eats breakfast the next morning, flosses his buck teeth, showers, sprays deodorant on his bummer! Him and makes himself sparkle, and lift weights as part of his "vacation." He comes back to the Krusty Krab where Mr. Krabs kicks him out because that wasn't really a vacation. SpongeBob then asks what a vacation is and is horrified when he learns it means he's not allowed to work. He panics and Mr. Krabs tells him that Patrick will be his "unpaid replacement". He realizes that he shouldn't remind himself of the Krusty Krab and that he is very hungry. So, Mr. Krab's goes back rhymes to the Krusty Krab. This time, it's not to work, but to buy some food. Patrick is seen cooking the Krabby Patties incorrectly by putting them on his belly and not having the exact temperature. SpongeBob shows him how to do it correctly, but he is caught and is kicked out. To remind SpongeBob of the Krusty Krab, he plays with his Krusty Krab playset where he moves models of him, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs. SpongeBob pretends that the Mr. Krabs model kicks him out. The model of SpongeBob goes to his miniature pineapple and plays the same game. To relax, SpongeBob goes to Jellyfish Fields to jellyfish, however he sees reminders of the Krusty Krab. Now SpongeBob tries a series of attempts to get back in the Krusty Krab. Every time he tries, Mr. Krabs catches him. Finally, Mr. Krabs drives SpongeBob to a forest where he commands him to fetch the spatula, and then drives away, leaving him alone. SpongeBob fetches it and starts to think that this is a permanent vacation. Blaming Patrick for trying to take away his job, he walks to Patrick's rock. When Patrick gets there, the rock automatically opens and he finds SpongeBob, who is seemingly going out of his mind. Patrick backs away, becoming extremely nervous at his friend's behavior. We then see the Krusty Krab where SpongeBob is frying the Krabby Patties in a Patrick costume. Mr. Krabs notices and announces that SpongeBob's vacation is officially over and that he didn't have to pay a fine (which was only a single nickel). SpongeBob explains that he left Patrick at home watching television, which was really static, and happily returns to his job is a fry cook.
- Honolulu March - George de Fretes [title card]
- Dramatic Cue (d) - Ronald Hanmer ["Fine?!"]
- Here's Adieu Sweet Lovely Nancy (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White [letter from Fry Cooks' Union]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob goes home]
- You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob goes back to work]
- ? - Nicolas Carr ["What's a vacation?"]
- Stepping into Danger - Mike Sunderland ["No work?!"]
- Pua Paoakalani B - Kapono Beamer, Queen Lili'uokalani ["But who will fry the patties and clean the grill while I'm gone?"]
- Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Patrick hired as an intern]
- ? [SpongeBob's sad]
- ? [SpongeBob gets an idea]
- The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Go away, SpongeBob."]
- Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney [Krabby Patties all over Patrick's body]
- Cellar Search - Philippe Pares ["Patrick, you can't do that!"]
- The Drunken Sailor (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock [Krabs kicks SpongeBob out]
- Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["Oh, what to do, what to do?"]
- ? ["I know just the thing to get the spirits up!"]
- The Drunken Sailor (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock [Krusty Krab play set]
- Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [toy Krabs kicks toy SpongeBob out]
- ? ["Hey, I know just the thing to get the old spirits up!"]
- The Drunken Sailor (b) - Robin Jeffrey, Tim Laycock ["I need 20 Krabby Patties, please."]
- On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob standing outside the Krusty Krab]
- Hawaiian Happiness - Jon Jelmer [SpongeBob jellyfishing]
- Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["Whoa, low-salt ketchup?!"]
- ? - Nicolas Carr ["Whoa, low-salt ketchup?!"]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [bun delivery]
- Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob kicked out]
- ? [SpongeBob trying to get back in]
- So Tired - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [SpongeBob flushed down toilet]
- ? [SpongeBob falls into the grease fryer]
- Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs drives past SpongeBob's house]
- ? [Krabs takes SpongeBob to a forest]
- ? ["I brought your spatula!"]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [playing fetch]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["It's not fair."]
- Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer ["Unless it's a... permanent vacation!"]
- Command Post 1 and 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Oh, I should have known!"]
- ? [Patrick comes home from work]
- Killer Birds - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob going crazy]
- The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [at the Krusty Krab]
- Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob disguised as Patrick]
- Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["SpongeBob?"]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["Why'd you do it, laddie?"]
- Honolulu March - George de Fretes [ending]
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 4, Volume 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 4th Season
- This episode was originally going to be called "Bummer Summer".
- "Chimps Ahoy" aired with this episode when it premiered.
- In this episode SpongeBob says that he gets less than a nickel a year, but in "Squeaky Boots", he gets 5 dollars a month. The statement can be reinforced in the episode "Money Talks" where SpongeBob said that Krabs is five dollars short on payday and Krabs would be cheap enough to refuse paying.
- The magazine Squidward is reading is called Squid Ink. This is a parody of the 1991 Magazine Teen Ink.
- While playing with the Krusty Krab Playset, SpongeBob is shown to have three arms.
- While playing with the Krusty Krab Playset, SpongeBob plays Squidward smiling, even though Squidward always frowns at work, but only for SpongeBob's liking. Maybe the figure's facial expressions were changed to a smile
- When SpongeBob is on a "Vacation", he sings like he did in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
- In the part where Mr. Krabs brings SpongeBob into the woods, the way it is done has an "Artificial Intelligence (2001 film)" theme, when the mother throws the robot child into the woods.
- This is the second time Patrick is shown with ears, and the first time he noticed he had any. The first time was in Survival of the Idiots, where Patrick said "Who you callin' a pinhead?" The third was the ending of No Nose Knows. The fourth was in A Friendly Game.
- The scene where SpongeBob advances towards Patrick mentally and the scene cuts to black was quite infamous for scaring younger viewers because they might think SpongeBob is going to kill Patrick.
- When Patrick was cooking the patties wrong, SpongeBob said that Krabby Patties must be cooked at exactly 298 degrees, but in Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy, he said that Krabby Patties must be cooked at exactly 274 degrees.
- The facial expressions of toy figures of SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs in the Krusty Krab playset are similar to the faces of the characters in "Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends" until that show changed to CGI.
- SpongeBob: "I happily acquiesce." Some viewers might be confused on what the word "acquiesce" means. It means to accept something reluctantly but without protest.
- There is a figure of Patrick eating an ice cream in the playset.
- The Krusty Krab set would've been made after Help Wanted.
- During the scene where Mr. Krabs told SpongeBob to get out the Chum Bucket was missing.
- When Mr. Krabs is driving, his eyes become white in one scene.
- When Krabs drove away after throwing SpongeBob's spatula into the woods, there were lots of trees on the sides, but when SpongeBob walks away (to the path Krabs drove away) thinking Krabs is replacing him, the path of trees in the sides are missing.