Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Bumper to Bumper"|
|Season 9, Episode 182B|
|Airdate:||November 17, 2012|
|Written by:|| Casey Alexander|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Little Yellow Book"||"Eek, an Urchin!"|
One fish is doing the boating course perfectly with Mrs. Puff, and then it is SpongeBob's turn. Mrs. Puff gets very angry at SpongeBob after he fails the test again. Soon, Mrs. Puff realizes SpongeBob is afraid of the course and has him drive on an abandoned road where he passes his test and gets a license. Mrs. Puff tells him to keep repeating "Focus on the road, there is nothing but the road" to get his confidence back. SpongeBob follows his instructions and imagines himself doing crazy driving tricks and poses as he proceeds to repeat the phrase. Mrs. Puff later tells him to safely dock the vessel as the last step, but due to constantly repeating the phrase, SpongeBob has mesmerized himself into a daze and cannot focus on what he is doing. He soon drives out of the road and freaks out. SpongeBob gets back on a road, but is on a highway and is he gripped with fear. And police had seen them and thought they were reckless drivers because Mrs. Puff crossed the county line which she shouldn't have done. At the end the police officer rips up SpongeBob's license. As Mrs. Puff goes to jail she says "SpongeBob, I'll get you for this! I'll get you!" and it ends.
- When Mrs. Puff sat down on her couch, a small picture of her sitting down at the same shot can be seen next to her, making an infinite picture. This is a callback to another infinite picture in Mrs. Puff's house in "No Free Rides."
- Charles returned as a character in a show that two fish are watching.
- This episode was originally scheduled to air with "Little Yellow Book" on November 25, 2012, but was pulled at the last minute and moved to November 17, 2012.
- This marks the seventh time Mrs. Puff has been jailed; her other arrests occurred in "Hall Monitor", "No Free Rides", "Doing Time", "Summer Job", "Ditchin'", and "Oral Report".
- SpongeBob's license gets ripped up after he got it, like in "Nautical Novice".
- During SpongeBob's episode of psychedelic scenes due to his hypnotic mantra, SpongeBob is shown to be driving on a mobius strip, a figure with only one side, and one boundary, though it can be easily made from one strip of paper.
- This episode's title comes from the term bumper to bumper, which means that traffic is moving close together very slowly.
- When Mrs. Puff was thrown into the policecar, she was wearing hand cuffs. When she appeared at the window threatening to get SpongeBob, her hand cuffs were suddenly gone.
- When the policeman first yelled at SpongeBob, he had a megaphone. In the next shot after SpongeBob accidentally sped up, the policeman's megaphone was suddenly gone though it was never shown when he put it away.
- When the policeman came up to Mrs. Puff, the security cuff on her ankle disappears (also mentioned missing during the exam), then when she looks down at her ankle, it reappears.