|Season 6, Episode 155B|
|Airdate:||February 17, 2009|
|Written by:|| Luke Brookshier|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Grandpappy the Pirate"||"Squid's Visit"|
SpongeBob sees that Squidward is actually smiling one day, so he and Patrick decide to spy on him and see why his so happy. That night, Squidward goes into a strange lodge, in which SpongeBob and Patrick intrude into to. Squidward puts on a costume, and hangs out with the other members of Cephalopod Lodge. When SpongeBob and Patrick decide to join in the festivities, Squidward is held accountable for this and is banned for life. SpongeBob and Patrick then start their own club, much to the annoyance of Squidward, who begs that he wants to be let back into Cephalopod Lodge. SpongeBob and Patrick want to help, so they dress up as a sock monster so they can scare the members while Squidward "saves" them. Their plan works, and Squidward is let back in. But when SpongeBob and Patrick take off the sock and reveal themselves, Squidward is again kicked out. SpongeBob and Patrick decide to go back to the "their lodge" idea, but first they need to do the initiation on Squidward.
- SpongeBob Theme - Jeremy Wakefield, Sage Guyton [title card]
- ? - Nicolas Carr [Squidward smiling]
- Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford ["Squidward, are you okay?"]
- From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer ["MR. KRABS!"]
- ? [SpongeBob wonders why Squidward's happy]
- ? [camouflage outfits]
- Visiting Royalty - Harry Bluestone [Squidward at the lodge]
- Pyramids of Egypt - Gregor F. Narholz ["For centuries, cephalopods have had but one nemesis."]
- Entry of the Heroes D - Gregor F. Narholz [eel in cage]
- March to Battle - Laurie Johnson [initiation]
- Roman Legion - David Farnon [everyone cheers]
- Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [everyone gasps]
- Cellar Search - Philippe Pares [everyone's angry at Squidward]
- Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Squidward and SpongeBob kicked out]
- ? - Nicolas Carr [Squidward and SpongeBob kicked out]
- Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["I can't believe it."]
- Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Do we get to join the lodge?"]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick kicked out]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's robes removed]
- ? - Nicolas Carr [Squidward's underwear removed]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Don't you worry, Squidward."]
- Visiting Royalty - Harry Bluestone ["What is it?"]
- Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [SpongeBob explains]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's sad]
- ? ["That's it!"]
- Gala Premiere - Laurie Johnson ["We'll make our own club!"]
- Hawaiian Happiness - Jon Jelmer [Squidward goes home]
- ? [secret handshake]
- ? ["Patty cake, patty cake, sailor man..."]
- Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["OUT!"]
- ? - Nicolas Carr ["OUT!"]
- ? [Squidward reading]
- ? [SpongeBob kidnaps Squidward]
- ? [initiation]
- ? [Squidward's swollen tongue]
- ? - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
- Visiting Royalty - Harry Bluestone ["My lodge robes!"]
- Turkey in the Straw 3 - Saul Broudy, Stephen Wade, Samuel John Morgan, Zan S. Mc Leod [chicken outfits]
- ? [first meeting of The Feather Friends]
- Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Somebody already had Feather Buddies."]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's angry]
- Whisper from the Past - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob promises to get Squidward back into the lodge]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["A sock?"]
- ? [SpongeBob explains his plan]
- ? ["Time to break out the heavy artillery."]
- Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [giant sock]
- ? - Nicolas Carr [giant sock]
- ? [at the lodge]
- Death and Destruction 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob and Patrick scaring everyone]
- Nato Meeting - Gerhard Trede [Squidward's let back into the lodge]
- Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Viking-Sized Adventures
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 6, Volume 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 6th Season
- It is mentioned that Squidward is in this mood only on the third Wednesday of each month. He is never shown that happy on most episodes before, telling that almost none of the previous episodes fall on the third Wednesday of any month.
- Imitation Krabs did, however, fall on the third Wednesday in January when SpongeBob asked, "If we're discussing the secret formula on the third Wednesday in January, and it's not raining outside, after we gargle with vanilla pudding, what do we do?" Squidward might not have known about the lodge at the time or found out about when Plankton gave him the rest of the day off.
- It is revealed that SpongeBob was dropped on his head as a baby.
- In "Squidville", all the Cephalopods look like Squidward, but in this episode, they may be different species.
- When SpongeBob pulls the small sock out of the drawer, it was animated. But when he pulled out the larger sock, it was real.
- When Squidward's underwear was removed, SpongeBob and Patrick cover their eyes, but Squidward usually wears no pants.
- It is unknown if all the people in the Cephalopod Lodge are all squid, all octopus, or are both.
- Brother Roger's name may be a reference to Squidward's voice actor, Rodger Bumpass.
- When Roger was talking to Squidward in the Krusty Krab he is green. But when he is at the Cephalapod Lodge he's blue.
- Technically, it was SpongeBob and Patrick's fault, as they followed Squidward to the lodge, kicking him out.
- Squidward briefly looks like he has 2 tongues when he gets stung by the jellyfish.
- This is 1 out of 10 episodes in the iTunes Album "Glumly Squidward."
- When Squidward was yelling at SpongeBob, SpongeBob's nose looks similar to Squidward's.
- It appears that Patrick would have been able to join but he didn't want to because it had nothing to offer him.
- Patrick was right that it was Rodger's fault because he wasn't watching for intruders.
- This episode has similarities to The Simpsons episode, Homer the Great, in which Homer joins a group called the Stonecutters, which also parodied the Freemasons and the Illuminati.
- When Squidward first enters the lodge he enters a large room, but when he saves them from the "eel" it is some kind of corridor.
- After SpongeBob and Patrick, inside the giant tubesock, tell Squidward "Just give us 5 minutes and then do your stuff", when they exit the scene, SpongeBob's footsteps can be heard, although, Patrick was the one walking and SpongeBob was on top inside the sock.
- When Squidward rips off the feather friends suit, the feet are still on, but when they zoom in and the out again, the feet are gone.