|Season 4, Episode 70A|
|Original air date:||May 5, 2006|
|Written by:|| Luke Brookshier|
|Directed by:||Andrew Overtoom|
|Guest(s):|| Christopher Ryan as Professor Percy|
Rik Mayall as Lord Reginald
Nigel Planer as Dr. Marmalade
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Mrs. Puff, You're Fired"||"Ghost Host"|
"Chimps Ahoy" is the first segment of the 70th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
The Chimpanzee beneficiaries of Sandy’s undersea treedome are paying a visit to see what progress she has made with her inventions. But Sandy doesn’t think any of her work will satisfy the chimps, and if they don’t like what she’s invented Sandy could lose her funding forcing her to leave Bikini Bottom. SpongeBob and Patrick decide to help their distraught friend by taking over her work and finishing her inventions. What SpongeBob and Patrick invent is a back-scratching, hair-cutting, ukulele-tuning, nose-picking machine. It goes wrong and Sandy nearly leaves. Her banana-peeling nutcracker won her 20 years of funding.
- The back scratcher cost SpongeBob 52 boxtops.
- Sandy will be able to remain in Bikini Bottom for 20 more years before her next expiration in 2026.
- The monkeys have been searching for the banana-peeling nutcracker since 1889.
- This episode has almost the same plot as "Texas"; these are similar things that happen:
- Sandy sings a song that causes SpongeBob and Patrick to cry.
- SpongeBob and Patrick try to prevent Sandy from leaving, except that in this episode, Sandy is sad about leaving Bikini Bottom, while in "Texas", she was sad about not being in Texas.
- At the end of Sandy's song, both SpongeBob and Patrick cry.
- At one moment, Sandy is not in her breathing suit.
- The phrase on SpongeBob's invention says "Dr. Professur Patrick Rulez!"
- The towns for those that have nowhere else to go, in which the bus makes stops to: Quittersville, Failuretown, and Loserburg.
- SpongeBob's invention is called "The Automatic Back-Scratcher, Hair-Comber, Nose-Picker and Ukulele-Tuner 9000".
- The peanut SpongeBob talks to says "It's dark in here".
- The inventions Patrick thinks of are a pencil, a lightbulb, and a mirror.
- In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick's water helmets are worn with the openings facing up, like in "Tea at the Treedome".
- Running gag: Patrick inventing something that was already invented, referring to SpongeBob as an unpaid intern, and himself as "Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick".
- The music from "Squeaky Boots" can be heard.
- This is the first episode to reference the Goofy Goober Ice Cream Shoppe outside the film.
- When the machine spits out Lord Reginald, he is bald from the accident. But when Professor Percy says to invent the Poop Thrower, Lord Reginald's hair is all grown back.
- When Sandy sings her "birds that fly upon the ground" line, a manta ray swims by, releasing a bird call. This is strange, because most birds on SpongeBob SquarePants are depicted as scallops.
- Patrick often insultingly refers to SpongeBob as an "unpaid intern" in this episode. Strangely, he is perfectly fine with actually being an unpaid intern (and referred to as so) in Bummer Vacation.
- When SpongeBob talked to Patrick about the mirror his mouth moved before the reflection.
- This episode title is a parody of Chips Ahoy!, a popular cookie snack.
- Christopher Ryan, Rik Mayall and Nigel Planer are best known for their roles as Mike, Rick and Neil on The Young Ones.
- The helmet Sandy invented is similar in style and design to the helmet worn by Noodle, fictional guitarist for Gorillaz, during Phase 1
- Lord Reginald appears to be a parody of Cranky Kong from the Donkey Kong Country series.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Chimps Ahoy. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|