|Season 6, Episode 112B|
|Original air date:||March 20, 2009|
|Written by:|| Aaron Springer|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Porous Pockets"||"Krusty Krushers"|
Squidward takes a shower and gets dressed, and prepares to audition for open chair at the Bikini Bottom Men's Chorus. When he steps outside, SpongeBob is lying on the ground, depressed. SpongeBob tells him that the reason he is so sad is that Patrick is out of town for a family reunion, and he needs someone to play with and something to do until Patrick gets back. SpongeBob asks Squidward where he's going, and asks Squidward if he can come with him. Squidward says no. SpongeBob tries to show Squidward he can sing, but Squidward rides off, leaving him in the dust. SpongeBob digs a pothole, and when Squidward falls into it, he tumbles into Jellyfish Fields, where a swarm of jellyfish surround and sting him as SpongeBob takes advantage of his "captive audience". Later, Squidward is back to riding his recumbent bicycle. When he sees he's almost late, he takes a detour through grass, where he's stopped by SpongeBob, who's dressed as a policeman. He gives Squidward a ticket for "reckless frowning" and not listening to him sing. Squidward rips off his moustache, yells at him, ties him to coral with some kelp, and rides off. When Squidward sings "figaro", SpongeBob also sings, generating soundwaves which cause the kelp to fall apart and attract jellyfish, which carry him away. Meanwhile, Squidward arrives in time and takes his place. After spending a considerable amount of time clearing his throat, the music begins and he sings along, quite poorly. SpongeBob, carried by jellyfish, comes in, singing. The people find his voice beautiful and give him the open chair, as well as a moustache which he wears. SpongeBob accepts, but only if they find a spot for his "inspiration and great friend", Squidward. They agree. During the concert, SpongeBob sings. Squidward is in charge of turning the pages of his songbook, which he does with a bitter look on his face.
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
- The Barber of Seville: Largo al Factotum - Gioacchino A. Rossini [opening]
- Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [Squidward gets out of the shower]
- The Barber of Seville: Largo al Factotum - Gioacchino A. Rossini [photo of Bikini Bottom Men's Choir]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward goes outside]
- ? [SpongeBob lying on the ground]
- Hawaiian Breeze - Jon Jelmer ["My playmate Patrick is away at a family reunion."]
- ? ["Well, I've got no time for the likes of you."]
- Comic Walk - Nicolas Carr ["Wow!"]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward riding bike]
- ? - Nicolas Carr [Squidward laughs/SpongeBob thinks for a second]
- Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob riding unicycle]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [giant pothole]
- Comic Capers B - Charlie Brissette, Norman Mamey [Squidward lands in Jellyfish Fields]
- Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["What a lucky break!"]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward stung by jellyfish]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm almost late for choir practice!"]
- Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob as a cop]
- The Mob - Sam Spence [SpongeBob writes Squidward a ticket]
- O Solo Mio Mandolin - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob starts to sing]
- Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [Squidward pulls off SpongeBob's mustache]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward ties SpongeBob to a tree]
- Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [plays after]
- Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill [Squidward rides off]
- ? [SpongeBob sings]
- ? [choir practice]
- ? [SpongeBob arrives]
- Le Prophete - Coronation March - Giacomo Meyerbeer [everyone cheers]
- Magic Potion 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["A mustache... for me?!"]
- Magic Potion 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Squidward, look!"]
- Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward sighs]
- ? [Jeopardy-style music]
- ? ["...my inspiration and great friend, Squidward."]
- ? [the concert]
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Truth or Square
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 6, Volume 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 6th Season
- Nat Peterson, Harold, and Tom are in the Bikini Bottom Men's Choir.
- Gramma from "Have You Seen This Snail?", plays the piano in this episode.
- Gramma has SpongeBob's voice.
- When SpongeBob starts to sing the jellyfish come and are very happy and help SpongeBob get out of the kelp Squidward tied around SpongeBob.
- When this first aired, it paired with Komputer Overload.
- SpongeBob says that Patrick went to his family for a reunion.
- This episode airs in Germany on the 14th of March and then airs six days later on the 20th of March in the USA.
- The second time the talking toilet appears. The first time was "House Fancy".
- When Squidward's toilet is disappointed, the toilet paper says Squidward "didn't use me yesterday either". This can mean one of two things: Squidward didn't go to the bathroom yesterday, or that he didn't wipe yesterday.
- In this episode, it appears that SpongeBob sings well. However, in the episode Model Sponge, he sings rather bad.
- Running Gag: SpongeBob saying "Can I come?".
- When SpongeBob is singing "Figaro", it's a reference to Adam Sandler's Opera Man on SNL.
- The song when SpongeBob thinks is similar to Jeopardy's think cue.
- When SpongeBob is singing at the end of the episode, we see that Squidward has to turn the page for SpongeBob, but he turns the page in the wrong direction.
- When SpongeBob finished singing, Squidward was behind SpongeBob. When SpongeBob is talking to the people about singing in the choir, Squidward is off to the side.
- When Squidward went through the seaweed forest his stings disappear.
- When Squidward ties SpongeBob to a tree, you see his mouth is covered. But in the next scene, his mouth was somehow freed from the seaweed.