Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 6, Episode 114A|
|Airdate:||November 28, 2008|
|Written by:|| Aaron Springer|
|Guest(s):||Ian McShane as Gordon|
|← Previous||Next →|
In this episode, Mr. Krabs creates a "promotion" to the Krusty Krab by selling Regular, Large and Viking Sized Drinks (which really are all the same size) in a bid to save the restaurant money, yet at the same time, to fool the customers into paying more money for the same size drink. He also states that whoever purchases a Viking Sized cup tries on a cardboard helmet (that he found in his attic) which is also a gimmick to obtain money. This gets SpongeBob interested in Vikings. Squidward then teaches him about Vikings, though nothing he said was true. Then SpongeBob sends a letter to the Vikings, meanwhile, at the post office, a garbageman (who is a Viking) notices it and delivers the letter to the Viking Chief. He then sends his men to the Krusty Krab to teach them about the Vikings (which is redecorating, appropriating, and liberating) and they kidnap SpongeBob and Squidward. Then, the they introduce themselves as Gordan and a bunch of Olafs. SpongeBob then asks what they do for fun (which is just throwing a shield), then one says they like to sing songs. The Vikings make SpongeBob the head chef, and Squidward the bathroom attendant. Soon afterward, Squidward complains about the poor lifestyle, which causes him to be tied to a catapult. Soon, the Vikings discover that they have hit a rock and that their boat will leak, which gives SpongeBob an idea. He then plugs up the boat with his porous appearance, and saves the Vikings.
Many longtime fans have called this the worst episode of the series, citing a bad plot and not many good jokes. Ironically, this episode was nominated for a Primetime Emmy.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Viking-Sized Adventures
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 6, Volume 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 6th Season
- This one of the few non-special episodes with a DVD based off it.
- SpongeBob should already know about Vikings because in the episode Bubble Buddy he celebrates Leif Eriksson Day, indicating SpongeBob did not know who Leif Eriksson is.
- In the German dub, all the Vikings are called Olaf except Gordon, who is called Günther.
- SpongeBob's letter:
- Dear Vikings, I am writing to ask you guys about your lives and stuff. If you had take the time to answer all my neat questions, then that would be really swell.
- All the Vikings being named Olaf may be a reference to the Bruces sketch by Monty Python's Flying Circus.
- When the ship hits an iceberg and almost sank, it could be a reference of the real-life ship RMS Titanic which sank when it hit an iceberg in April of 1912.
- When the ship hits the iceberg, the head fell off, but later, it is still there.
- When Squidward talks about the helmet, there is cobwebs but later there is no cobwebs.
- During the part where SpongeBob says, "I'll let you know if I think of anything.", his nose looks like Squidward's. Then when the camera switches, then switches back to SpongeBob, his nose is normal again.