"Don't Look Now" is the first segment of the 187th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
SpongeBob and Patrick are at the movie theater going to see Fisherman 4: Attack of the Hook. They meet Squidward, who remarks that they won't have any sleep after seeing the movie. They both claim they're grown-up men, but Squidward says "Boo" in monotone and scares them effortlessly.
Then they decide that they'll show Squidward that they are not afraid of Fisherman 4: Attack of the Hook. They go and see the movie, and are instantly scared. They try not to look at the movie, but it is over when they open their eyes. They stay for the second showing to try to keep their eyes open, but they fail again. When they get out, they realize that it is midnight, the time when the Fisherman strikes.
They quickly run home, and repeatedly mistake the Fisherman for shadows of harmless beings. They become so frightened that they are too scared to walk to their houses by themselves. Each of them take turns walking the other home, but they are scared by a harmless noise and they wake Squidward up. Squidward gets annoyed by this, so he carries them to their houses. Even after they get home, they yell back and forth between their houses, which annoys Squidward even more. Squidward then decides to disguise as The Fisherman to scare SpongeBob and Patrick. He goes on top of his house(dressed like the Fisherman) and hooks Patrick's nose up, who runs screaming into SpongeBob's house while getting his face ripped off by the hook. Patrick runs into SpongeBob's bedroom and scares him because of his ripped out face. He tells SpongeBob about the Fisherman (who is really Squidward), and they become even more scared.
They board up the door to SpongeBob's bedroom, but Squidward enters through the window anyway. SpongeBob and Patrick are scared out of their wits, and exchange each other's underwear so they don't die in their own. While SpongeBob and Patrick are screaming, Squidward's head comes out of his disguise, while laughing, which SpongeBob and Patrick mistake as the Fisherman eating Squidward. They attack Squidward, attempting to save him. They throw him out of the window and Patrick then flings heavy objects on Squidward, leaving him in a coma. An ambulance comes to get Squidward, who is badly injured while SpongeBob and Patrick are glad now that they don't have to worry about the Fisherman anymore.
Then the Fisherman costume rises up and roars, this time without Squidward. SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward get scared out of their minds and go in the ambulance with Squidward, only for The Fisherman costume to fall, revealing Gary. The episodes ends with Gary meowing in the Fisherman costume and spinning around inside it and then purring.
- This episode first aired in Greece on July 1, 2013, however, it premiered in the USA on October 14, 2013 as a Halloween special.
- This is the third time the APM library music piece "Fight! Fight! Fight!" was played on SpongeBob SquarePants. It previously appeared as the title card music for "The Great Snail Race" and as the instrumental to "Now That We're Men" from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- It is possible that the Fisherman was inspired by the episode "Hooky".
- Patrick has sharp teeth in this episode, although he has regular teeth in most episodes.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are about to sit down in their seats in the theater for the first time, there is one crowd of fish, but when they sit down and then a wide shot is shown, most of the people in the original crowd have either moved or been replaced.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 9th Season