Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Employee of the Month"|
|Season 1, Episode 12B|
|Airdate:||October 2, 1999|
|Written by:|| Paul Tibbitt|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"The Chaperone"||"Scaredy Pants"|
"Employee of the Month" is the second segment of the twelfth episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob reminds Squidward that today is the beginning of judging for the Employee of the Month Award. However, Squidward tells SpongeBob that the award is a scam, and Mr. Krabs is only giving it to him so he'll work harder for less money, but SpongeBob doesn't believe him. Mr. Krabs warns SpongeBob that Squidward might get the new Employee of the Month Award, and since SpongeBob has 26 consecutive awards (and wants a 27th), he starts worrying. Squidward says that he could get the award if he wanted to, and SpongeBob asks him to prove it.
After they both decide that they will arrive at the Krusty Krab earlier than the other; that night, SpongeBob tries to destroy Squidward's alarm clock so he won't wake up, but Squidward has 28 more in his closet. They both set several traps for each other as they both desperately try to reach the Krusty Krab first, and, after a temporary truce, both get there at the same time, just as Mr. Krabs opens the doors. They begin overworking in an attempt to impress him, doing more harm than good, scaring Mr. Krabs out of his wits in the process. They then begin trying to make as many Krabby Patties as possible, eventually causing the Krusty Krab to explode. Krabby Patties rain down from the sky, to the delight of the citizens of Bikini Bottom, and while Mr. Krabs tries to make the people pay for them, SpongeBob and Squidward ask him who is the Employee of the Month, giving Mr. Krabs a headache.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 1st Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Home Sweet Pineapple
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob, You're Fired!
- SpongeBob imagines a drill sergeant version of himself in one of his Employee of the Month pictures, who demands him to work as hard as possible so that Squidward does not win. He appears in the March picture, a reference to an army march.
- The drill sergeant design of SpongeBob is the same design as the design on the cover of SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom.
- This episode marks the first and one of the few times SpongeBob had any anger or tension towards Squidward.
- SpongeBob's employee of the month portraits will again talk to SpongeBob in "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie".*Because SpongeBob has so many Employee of the Month photos in his room in the SpongeBob Movie, it's likely that Squidward never won in this episode.
- Running Gag: Squidward yelling "baloney" then getting drenched with Krabby Patty puree.
- This is one of the six episodes in which the 1986 Paramount logo is plastered with the 2002 Paramount logo. The others are "Help Wanted", "Squeaky Boots", "F.U.N.", "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost" and "Rock Bottom".
- This is the 1st Time that the Krusty Krab events of the explosion are similar when the World of Goo Corporation from World of Goo explodes in the same conditions, this is used again in Selling Out.
- SpongeBob says that he has won the Employee of the Month award 26 times in a row, which means that if he had gotten his first within his first month of working, he has been working at the Krusty Krab for at least 2 years and 2 months. Also, this episode aired five months after "Help Wanted".
- When Squidward and Spongebob barge into the Krusty Krab, the handlebars on the door are clear instead of gold.
- SpongeBob's calendar said it was "March" but on the picture frame it said it was January. Also, the calender had 28 as the last day of the month, meaning it must have been February.
- There is a fan going in the kitchen, even though according to the "Employee of The Month" picture frame for that month, it is January.
- Even though SpongeBob says that he won Employee of the Month for 26 months, there are actually 43 frames.
- When SpongeBob shows the calender showing "Annoy Squidward Day" on the 15th, the date of the 21st is right below it. In a real calender, the 22nd would be below the 15th.
- When SpongeBob goes to Squidward's closet it is filled with alarm clocks. In the next scene, he is breaking them, the others disappear, and is seen breaking one clock.
- When SpongeBob sneaks into Squidward's house, all of Squidward's furniture is in the room. But while Spongebob is running back and forth from the closet with the clocks in it, the room is empty.
- When SpongeBob is crying "How could the quality of my work slip so much?", the frame on the picture of Squidward says "January". But the frame before it said "Februrary", then changes back to December.
- When SpongeBob saws his front door in attempt to escape, the door hits Squidward. In the next scene, he immediately re-appears as normal.
- When SpongeBob and Squidward run away from each other, Squidward gets trapped in a giant bottle. In the next scene, he runs again.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Employee of the Month (SpongeBob SquarePants). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|