|Season 4, Episode 67A|
|Airdate:||October 14, 2005|
|Written by:|| Tom King|
|Guest(s):||Sirena Irwin as Betsy Krabs|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture"||"Patrick SmartPants"|
"Enemy In-Law" is the first segment of the 67th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
Plankton is sick of his computer "wife" Karen, Plankton spots Mrs. Krabs and falls in love with her. Plus, he turns off Karen. Convinced that this just another trick aimed at getting the family formula for Krabby Patties (which was not), Mr. Krabs tries to reveal Plankton's schemes and break up the ill-favored fling. Krabs decides to break up that fishy relationship before he winds up with the world's tiniest stepfather and before Plankton finally gets the secret formula for Krabby Patties. While accusing Plankton for the "scheme" he reveals to Plankton that his mother (Mrs.Krabs) knew the secret recipie giving Plankton an opportunity. But, the robot (Plankton had created) causes the downfall of their relationship and finds out about Plankton's scheme after he tells her. Then he gets flung out of the Krusty Krab by her and Karen gets turned back on as he bounces off the "on" button.
- In German, this episode is called "Wo die liebe fallt" which means "Where the love falls".
- Betsy Krabs showing her muscle and in it being a battleship is a reference to the Popeye cartoons.
- This is one of the few SpongeBob SquarePants episodes where SpongeBob is not the main character.
- Betsy Krabs has a Scottish accent, where Mr. Krabs]] has an entirely different accent altogether.
- During the scene that Plankton]] is kicked out of the Krusty Krab by Mama Krabs, he quotes the poem "In Memoriam" by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
- When Plankton walks in to the Krusty Krab with the rose, there is a burger sticker on the window. But once he's inside, it's no longer there. This happens a few seconds later when Mrs. Krabs walks in. This also happens in "The Krabby Kronicle".
- It is unknown what happened to Plankton's robot after this episode, or how its relationship with Mama Krabs worked out.
- Ironically, Mrs. Krabs prefers a relationship with a machine, just as Plankton went for Karen, a computer.
- Karen zaps Plankton when she's angry with him. She would do this to him again when he sends her to the frozen tundra in "Frozen Face-Off".
- When Plankton calls Betsy, Plankton shows Betsy Krabs's number (Betsy Krabs's number is 791347)
- In other episodes, Mr. Krabs doesn't know the word "Overtime" and needs a dictionary, as shown in "The Abrasive Side".
- When Mr. Krabs barges into the Chum Bucket in anger, some scenes show red pipes on the wall, but some don't.
- Plankton's phone is missing the number zero in this episode.
- Plankton asked SpongeBob if his tie was on straight, yet he is not wearing a tie, he is wearing a bow-tie.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 4: Volume 1
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 4th Season