|Season 9, Episode 179A|
|Original air date:||July 21, 2012|
|Written by:|| Luke Brookshier|
|Directed by:||Tom Yasumi|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Hello Bikini Bottom!"||"Squirrel Record"|
"Extreme Spots" is the first segment of the 179th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants. It is the first episode of the show's ninth season, and as such, is also the episode where the series transitions to having all episodes animated in widescreen ("Truth or Square" and "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!" were the only widescreen episodes produced prior to this); however the intro sequence remains the same.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Extreme Kah-Rah-Tay
- When Patrick claims he wears SpongeBob's clothes when SpongeBob sleeps, he may be referring to the season one episode "Boating School" when he was wearing SpongeBob's pants when he was trying to sleep.
- Charlie is seen cross-dressed in the beginning of the episode, despite being male.
- Although this episode and "Squirrel Record" were produced as part of Season 9, they premiered before the last six episodes of Season 8 had premiered.
- The scene where Johnny rides in the bubble is similar to Sonic the Hedgehog's spin dash.
- When hang gliding, Not Dead Ted slightly resembles Gliscor from Pokemon.
- The British fish is a reference to the fact that the 2012 Olympics were held in Britain.
- When Patrick broke the jellyfish nest, he was covered in red spots, but in scenes after the scene where SpongeBob and Patrick meet the Drasticals, Patrick's spots aren't there.
| "Gee, this is harder than I thought."|
This article about an episode is a stub. You can help Nickipedia by expanding it.