|"Fear of a Krabby Patty"|
|Season 4, Episode 61A|
|Airdate:||May 6, 2005|
|Written by:|| C.H. Greenblatt|
|Directed by:||Alan Smart|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Pranks a Lot"||"Shell of a Man"|
"Fear of a Krabby Patty" is the first segment of the sixty-first episode of SpongeBob SquarePants, and the first new episode of the show produced and aired after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (though in spite of this, this and all later episodes appear to take place before the movie's events).
Plankton puts up a sign saying that the Chum Bucket will be open 23 hours. That makes Mr. Krabs put up a sign saying that the Krusty Krab will be open 24 hours - just what Plankton wanted him to do. He figures that SpongeBob will eventually be so tired that Plankton could slip away a Krabby Patty. But SpongeBob is still as alert as ever. So Plankton, calling himself Dr. Peter Lankton, and orders 10,000 Krabby Patties. After 43 days of nonstop working, SpongeBob starts hallucinating that he is seeing giant Krabby Patties everywhere, causing him to believe he needs to see a psychiatrist (Peter Lankton)- who happens to be a disguised Plankton!
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Fear of a Krabby Patty
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Fear of a Krabby Patty
- Nick Picks 3
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 4, Volume 1
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete Fourth Season
- This is currently C.H. Greenblatt's final work on the show, and was also his last work for Nickelodeon until Harvey Beaks.
- In 2005, this and "Shell of a Man" were nominated for an Creative Arts Emmy for Outstanding Animated Program, but lost to the Comedy Central animated series South Park.
- This is the first episode to use the 3-D computer coloring rather than digital ink and paint or traditional cel animation. This is pretty obvious, as the colors are duller, and the characters' facial expressions are also different.
- Mr. Krabs previously made the Krusty Krab open 24 hours in one day in "Graveyard Shift". However, unlike in the aforementioned episode, Mr. Krabs stays at the Krusty Krab with his employees, and thus suffers from the same lack of sleep that they do.
- From June 2009 to April 2010, Charter Communications & Time Warner Cable mistakenly labeled this & "Shell of a Man" as the shopping show "SpongeBob Fun."
- In "Help Wanted", "Employee of the Month", and "The Clash of Triton", SpongeBob made possibly millions of Krabby Patties in seconds with no mental strain, but in this episode, he goes insane from making 8,659 Krabby Patties over a period of possibly 33 days with no breaks.
- In this episode, SpongeBob is able to lift an entire grand piano by himself (and smash it onto Plankton). In other episodes, SpongeBob was barely strong enough to lift a weight of stuff animals.
- Old Man Jenkins breaks the fourth wall by asking why is he moving.
- Plankton's eye seems to be much smaller in this episode due to his beard.
- The Giant Krabby Patties also appear in the game Creature from the Krusty Krab as the main enemies.
- Plankton's cell phone is seen again in the later episode "Eek, an Urchin!"
- When Mr. Krabs forgot how many days its been he looks tired and wrecked, but after he see's SpongeBob made some really bad patty's he seems fresh.
- In SpongeBob's dream, the Krabby Patty tells him that he'll always be with him (in his arteries), a reference to the 1982 Universal's big movie E.T. The Extra Terriestrial, complete with the glowing finger.
- Also, the fact that the Krabby Patty said he'll be with him in his arteries may be a reference that Krabby Patties have high cholesterol.
- The episode's title card is similar to the start of the Heisei Godzilla movies.
- In this episode, Mr. Krabs' eye stalks are slightly shorter than normal.
- In the scene where SpongeBob is dropping trays at the window, the anchor on Squidward's work hat disappears.
- When the largest Krabby Patty gives SpongeBob SquarePants food in his dream, the chocolate milk is orange (As orange juice) and the cookie pizza just looks like a big cookie and has no looks to a pizza.
- Near the beginning of the episode, there is a solid wall behind the cashier's boat that SpongeBob bursts through; yet that section of wall is typically shown to have a window. It's just because Squidward zipped the window.
- When SpongeBob gets up from his trauma, his tie is missing and it reappears seconds later.
- After SpongeBob's eyelids are ripped off, they reappear in the next shot looking fine.
- Mr. Krabs penciled over his painted sign.
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|