Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Gary in Love"|
|Season 7, Episode 137B|
|Airdate:||February 6, 2010|
|Written by:|| Casey Alexander|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"One Coarse Meal"||"The Play's the Thing"|
One day Spongebob takes Gary to a snail park where Gary falls in love with a snail named Mary. Then Mary's Ex-boyfriend threatens Gary but Mary ignores him and falls in love with Gary which angers the other snail and tells Gary "When I'm done with you your doctor won't know where to sow your lips back on." Then SpongeBob comes and tells Gary they're leaving along with Mary's owner. The next day Gary sneaks out of the house to find Mary. SpongeBob awakes to find a picture of Mary which he thinks is Gary leading them to think that it is a ransom note from a snailnapper, so he sets out to "save" Gary. Meanwhile, Gary stays onto a sidewalk with dozens of snail owner having a stroll. Then he sees Mary's owner going into a pet store and goes in. The clerk thinks he's a stray and puts them on sale. A few seconds later, Mary's Ex- boyfriend and his friends ransack the store so that the clerk can tell him where Gary is. During the ransack, Gary escapes. The other snails see what appears to be Gary only to find out it's a vicous poodle worm. Gary then sees Mary but sees her in a car and jumps on top of other cars in order to fin her. They succeed, but SpongeBob finally finds them, along with the other snail. Then a man from a soap opera Gary was watching in the beginning finds Mary's owner, who turns out to be his lost love. Beside him is a handsome snail which Mary gets together with, which SpongeBob says to Gary, "That's gotta hurt, Gary" and the other snail forgives Gary and becomes friends with him.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 7th Season
- It is revealed that the lady on TV and in Bikini Bottom was called Monica.
- When the snails are screaming, one sounds oddly like Patrick.
- When Gary enters the pet store, if one would look at the door while its open, one can see a snail that looks exactly like Gary being walked.
- It is revealed Harold has a job at the pet store.
- When "Plankton's Pet" first premiered, it aired with this episode.
- When Gary launches himself and tries to fly to the boat that Mary is in, this may be a reference to the film "Toy Story".
- At the end when Gary got jealous about love, this scene was similar to a 2000 film Cast Away where Chuck Noland realized he wanted to fall in love with Kelly Frears after escaping the island and then eventually Chuck got hurt feelings because Kelly was married to another man.
- Seaweed Noodle Stew is a tribute to Chicken Noodle Soup.
- In the 2011 film The Muppets, Gary had a girlfriend named Mary.
- Monica and Brad could be a parody to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.
- When Gary left the house to look for mary one shot the lights are off then on, it's impossible for that to happen since Gary never had turned on the lights.
- When Gary left the house, the house's door is open. But in the next scene, the door seen closed.