Squidward is gardening one day, when he sees that his kelp is all wilted. He uses a spray called Kelp Grow to make them grow taller and healthier. When SpongeBob and Patrick see this, they steal it from Squidward and fiddle with it by spraying things in town. Squidward gets very mad that they stole it, because one of the things they sprayed was his nose! They go around town doing "good deeds",such as expanding Gary's shell and turning one of Mr. Krabs' pennies giant because SpongeBob mentions that Mr. Krabs always wanted to make "big money" (though this wasn't what he meant). Squidward finally catches up to them and forces them to shrink his nose. However, when they try to shrink his nose, it only gets bigger. SpongeBob and Patrick decide to even out his entire body, which turns him into a "giant monster" who the residents believe to be invading Bikini Bottom. Many fish gather into a mob and threaten to hurt Squidward in various ways. A small boy appears in the crowd and suggests that Squidward might be a nice monster like the one in his storybook. To keep the Bikini Bottomites from hurting him, Squidward quickly agrees with the little boy and tells the town he can actually help them and won't destroy the town. Throughout the day, citizens ask him to help them with various things, which Squidward does to prove he is nice. He gets more and more tired from doing the town favors, though. Eventually, he gets so tired that he forgets his manners for one seconed (spicifically, not saying bless you when a child sneezed, and then insulting the child,) which causes the Bikini Bottomites to turn on him. He runs away to a remote loccation outside of town when the day ends, where he misses his comfortable old life and is forced to sleep on a makeshift bed of coral. He finds that Patrick and SpongeBob are having a sleepover in his belly button because they wanted to show that they still considered him a friend. Squidward forces them out, and begins crying because of what happened to him. This captures the attention of SpongeBob, who feels bad because they only elnlarged Squidward as a good deed. The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick give him the greatest present that he could ever have, a giant clarinet with exquisete sound to make up for the mishap their first good deed caused. When Squidward starts playing it, he shrinks back to his normal size. He is upset that he can no longer play his giant clarinet, but realizes he still has his kelp garden. He runs home to his garden, but finds the kelp from his garden to be cut down. He wonders what happened to his garden, and SpongeBob explains that they used his kelp to make him a kelp-mache clarinet. This enrages Squidward, causing him to chase after SpongeBob and Patrick as the episode ends.
- SpongeBob Theme - Jeremy Wakefield, Sage Guyton [title card]
- Aloha Oe - Hans Haider, Queen Lili'uokalani [opening]
- Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [Squidward looks in the mirror]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward's kelp garden]
- Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Squidward screams]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Patrick is helping me do good deeds today."]
- ? ["That's a great idea, Squidward!"]
- You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick sprays Squidward's nose with Kelp Grow]
- ? ["There he is."]
- West Side Rumble - Sam Spence [SpongeBob sprays Krabs' penny]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [giant penny crushes Krabs]
- ? [rimshot]
- Man from the Ministry - Harry Bluestone ["Good deed accomplished!"]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["We need another good deed!"]
- ? - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm, how to fix his nose."/"Patrick, that's brilliant!"]
- Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob spraying Squidward]
- Dramatic Cue (d) - Ronald Hanmer ["I look horrible!"]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward squirts ink]
- Terror by Night - Hubert Clifford [Squidward grows to gigantic size]
- Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["I know, I know!"]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward chases SpongeBob, Patrick]
- Dramatic Sea Battle - Gerhard Trede [citizens panic]
- SpongeBob Theme - Jeremy Wakefield, Sage Guyton ["You are very good at pretending, Squidward!"]
- Buccaneers [#12] - Harry Bluestone [angry mob]
- Young Ballerina - David Farnon ["Maybe he's a nice monster, like in my story book."]
- Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, right, I hadn't thought of that."]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, goodness gracious, yes!"]
- Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["He hurt the little one's feelings!"]
- Death and Destruction 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [citizens attack Squidward]
- Shock Entrance - Harry Bluestone ["Okay, okay, I'm nice."]
- Hawaiian Flower - Jon Jelmer ["Compliment me on my new hairdo?"]
- ? ["Let the junior guppies camp out under your toenails?"]
- Little Night Box - Leo Nissim [guppies sleeping]
- The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap ["Blow on my windmill?"]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [people asking Squidward for favors]
- Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [everyone gasps]
- From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [mob chases Squidward]
- Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Uh... I'm a lamppost."]
- Death and Destruction 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Squidward sneaks away]
- Murder Scene 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [giant trap surrounding Squidward's house]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, Squidward, I guess this is your new life."]
- Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["Where are you?"]
- ? - Nicolas Carr ["Where are you?"]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick in Squidward's bellybutton]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward crying]
- ? [SpongeBob and Patrick working on something]
- Proud Fanfare - David Farnon [SpongeBob and Patrick give Squidward a gift]
- Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["A giant clarinet?"]
- ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward plays it]
- ? ["And it sounds divine!"]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward shrinks]
- SpongeBob Theme - Jeremy Wakefield, Sage Guyton [ending]
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob vs. The Big One
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 6, Volume 1
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 6rh Season
- Giant Squidward is similar to SpongeBob in "The Sponge Who Could Fly", he originally does favors for people using his superpower, but then turns into ridiculous things like doing homework, help with plants etc.
- SpongeBob and Patrick were actually doing bad deeds, not good deeds, although not on purpose.
- This is the second time that Squidward's size changes, and says the exact quote, "What did you do to me?!" The first one was in Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV.
- In the first segment (when SpongeBob runs off with the Kelp Grow), he makes himself a pair of "enlarged" shoes. But when they reach Gary, he is wearing his normal size shoes.
- Both this episode and the next one, No Nose Knows, have someone coming out of Squidward's flowers.
- The title card background looks like Squidward's wallpaper, but blue instead of green.
- Sun Fun Island's campers from The Inmates of Summer re-appears in this episode
- The scene where SpongeBob and Patrick are watching Mr. Krabs and Patrick's belly button sucks in SpongeBob could possibly be an allusion to the video game Kirby's Adventure in which King Dedede inhales Kirby and spits him out to defeat Nightmare, but the technique in this scene was used to spray Mr. Krabs' penny with the Kelp Grow to make it bigger.
- When the boy says Squidward may be a nice giant, he uses a book with a nice giant in it as an example. It may be a reference to the Roald Dahl book, The BFG, one of the most famous books in which there are nice giants.
- Squidward is tied to the ground by the people of Bikini Bottom similar to how Gulliver was tied by the Lilliputians in Gulliver's Travels.
- The episode's plot is similar to the film The 50-Foot Tall Woman.
- Tina blinks her eyes to the lifeguard as he asks Giant Squidward if he's a nice monster, her eyelashes disappear.