"Goo Goo Gas" is the first segment of the 91st episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
After another attempt to steal the formula is foiled by Mr. Krabs, Plankton creates a gas that turns adults into babies.
It leads Mr. Krabs into a telephone box and Plankton sprays the gas on it and then Mr. Krabs turns into a baby and steals the Krusty Krab key. But Plankton cannot jump high enough to reach the door locks so he asks SpongeBob to do this for him. Since Plankton tells loud of his plans and he was heard by SpongeBob, he informs the police, whereupon Plankton is hunted, but flees.
Plankton now wants SpongeBob to turn into a baby, but when he tries to he sprays the baby Mr. Krabs again with the gas, and he turns back into the regular Mr. Krabs and tries even more times. Plankton then realizes that when sprayed with the gas, babies turn into adults.
Plankton does not give up and starts a further attempt - this time however Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob turn into old seniors. Plankton then tries to steal a Krabby Patty. Then, they knit a net which catches Plankton and various senior citizens take turns hitting him with their canes and walkers, foiling his plot once again. He then revises the gas which makes everybody sprayed with it turn into babies - and uses it with all other people inside the Krusty Krab.
Now, not only SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs are babies, but also Patrick, Squidward and other customers of the Krusty Krab. Baby SpongeBob then plays with the gas, turning everyone in the Krusty Krab back into adults and in the process destroying it. But now Plankton turns VERY tiny. He's so small that in the background there are amoeba floating around him.
- When Plankton was a baby he is so small, however in Friend or Foe, he is the same size as a baby.
- SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs are seen knitting in this episode. This is the second time SpongeBob was seen doing this, as he was also seen knitting in New Digs. This is also the second time Mr. Krabs was seen doing this, as he was also knitting in Krusty Love.
- The German version of this episode lacks the text font, color and background in the title card. Making the text look a lot different than in the American version.
- This episode aired almost two years after Le Big Switch, the episode which it is paired with.
- In this episode, the key to the Krusty Krab does not have two Ks, unlike in other episodes that it was seen.
- When Karen turns into a baby calculator, she says "hELLO," to represents the upside-down number "07734".
- Karen is really a talking computer, or a nagging software, but when she is sprayed with Goo-Goo Gas, she turns into a calculator.
- The title card music for "Squidville" is heard when Plankton visits the Barg'n Mart.
- When Plankton accidentally turns SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs old, how is it possible to catch up with Plankton. This doesn't feel realistic due to their morphed ages which actually look older than Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
- In Germany this episode calls: "Das Ga Ga Gas", and in the Netherlands it calls: "Het Goe Goe Gas". They both mean "The Goo Goo Gas".
- A wrong thing about this episode is when before the Bikini Bottomites turn into babies, they have their usual clothes on, when they're turn into babies they're wearing a diaper, and when they turn back they still wear diapers.
- This episode shows that Plankton's mother said that Plankton was small, tiny and helpless.
- When Plankton turns into a baby, he's not wearing a diaper like others, which is why he asked for one.
- The episode's ending is very similar to the Codename: Kids Next Door episode, "Operation: CABLE-TV", where Mr. Boss tries to turn everybody in the world into babies like Plankton did, and the baby gas affected Mr. Boss just like the Goo Goo Gas affected Plankton.
- How could Plankton imagine Mr. Krabs being bigger when they were friends when they were babies?