|SpongeBob SquarePants episode|
|Airdate:||March 6, 2001|
|Best Day Ever Rank:||#17|
|Cast:|| SpongeBob SquarePants
Grandma SquarePants (debut)
Krusty Krab customers
|Guest(s):||Marion Ross as Grandma SquarePants|
|Writer(s):|| Walt Dohrn
|Main:|| Walt Dohrn
|Storyboard:|| Carson Kugler
William Reiss Erik Wiese
SpongeBob visits his Grandmother's house, where he acts and is treated like a small child, engaging in such babyish activities as eating cookies and being read stories. As soon as the clock shows 3:00 p.m., SpongeBob has to go back to work, and is given a ride there by his Grandma. When they get there, she kisses him goodbye, leaving a kissing mark visible on his forehead. SpongeBob is teased by everyone at the Krusty Krab, and runs home crying. At home, SpongeBob consoles Patrick about this, and Patrick tells him that he should show his Grandma that he is not a baby anymore by acting like an adult. SpongeBob and Patrick go to Grandma's house wearing fake sideburns, and when she answers the door and tries to kiss him, he refuses to be kissed, explaining to her that he is an adult now. Grandma offers them cookies, which SpongeBob refuses, but Patrick gladly accepts. Patrick begins acting like a baby because he likes the big O' meat sacks, then Patrick idiotically repeats "i'm a baby, i'm a baby" and when SpongeBob confronts him, he says that being a "grown-up" is boring and that he likes being a baby. SpongeBob attempts to eat a cookie, but Grandma stops him, instead giving him steamed coral. Then she tells patrick a baby story and gives spongeBob a manual later she gives Patrick a sweater "with love in every stitch", and gives SpongeBob unwrapped office supplies. Soon, the clock strikes 3:00 p.m., time for SpongeBob to go to work.
SpongeBob starts walking toward the door and starts to leave as his Grandma lays Patrick down for a nap before he leaves, he talked to grandma and grandma said "shhh, he's sleeping. However, SpongeBob soon returns, crying and saying that he doesn't want to grow up, and wants to become a baby again and do all the stuff he did when he was treated like a baby like eating cookies, drink out of a bottle with milk, wear a sweater "with love in every stitch", ride in his wagon, cuddle with a teddy bear named Mr. Stuffykins, rocking on his seahorse, and kissing on his boo boo. He even said he "want's to wear diadies!"
He begins having a whirlpool storm inside the house driving the waves of doom by not going straight, but going every direction by turning round & round & almost crashes (aside the scene, he almost spins out of control crying), and floods the whole house.
But Grandma calms him down, and tells SpongeBob that he doesn't have to be a baby to get her love, and that he will always be her baby boy no matter how grown up he gets. She gives him a cookie and hugs him. SpongeBob asks her to "not mention this to the guys down at the Krusty Krab", to which she replies "No problem." Then Grandma gives SpongeBob a hug. However, Squidward and the people from the Krusty Krab are standing outside the window and watching this, and start laughing as the episode ends.
Domestic Fun (a) - Title card
Spindlelegs - Grandma SquarePants offers SpongeBob some cookies and milk.
In the Cradle A - Grandma SquarePants tells SpongeBob about when he was a baby.
Tomfoolery - Squidward and everyone else at the Krusty Krab make fun of SpongeBob's love for his grandmother.
Hawaiian Link B - SpongeBob runs home crying from the Krusty Krab Deadline - Patrick teaches SpongeBob to be a man
Hawaiian Link A - "Sideburns!"
Airs and Graces A - "Sorry, Grandmother, the kisses have to stop."
Cierre Bob Esponja - SpongeBob gets mad at Patrick.
A Day at the Sea A - Grandma SquarePants tells Patrick a story.
Twinkle Toes - SpongeBob, trying to be grown up, saunters slowly out the door to work.
Stack of Leis - "I don't want to grow up!"
- When Grandma drops SpongeBob off for work, the steering wheel is on the right side of car, which would make it a non-American car.
- This marks Grandma SquarePants's only appearance in the Hillenburg era (1999–2004)
- This is the first appearance of Spongebob's Grandma. *When SpongeBob got home the kiss mark was missing, but at the Krusty Krab, it wouldn't come off.
- One line was a reference to Rugrats, another Nicktoons show.
- If you listen closely, you can hear Squidward laugh just like he did in the season 1 episode, Naughty Nautical Neighbors.
- This episode has become an internet sensation on YouTube thanks to an infamous dub of this episode featuring swear words.
- Every fish at the Krusty Krab is blue, even Squidward.
- The boat Gramma Squarepants drives is drivable in SpongeBob’s Boating Bash.
- When SpongeBob says "I don't?", his reflection looks like his mouth does not move and is open as if he were still crying. *Patrick somehow disappears after SpongeBob returns to Grandma's house & starts crying. It is unknown why if got out of the house or went in a another room.
- In the final scene, the kitchen changes locations.
- When Patrick is using his mouth as a vacuum cleaner to eat his cookies, you can clearly see that he has eaten all of them, but 1 rolls out.
- Grandma's Kisses at TV.com
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Grandma's Kisses. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|