|Season 7, Episode 128A|
|Airdate:||July 19, 2009|
|Written by:|| Aaron Springer|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"I ♥ Dancing"||"Stuck in the Wringer"|
Mr. Krabs is about to brush his teeth, while singing an alteration of "My Bonnie" by Tony Sheridan and The Beatles, when suddenly a gray cork is pushed in, and the toothpaste cap falls off of the sink. Pearl calls for help, and when Mr. Krabs comes up, he can see that Pearl is growing too big! Pearl needs food. He finds the fridge, and Pearl eats it. She asks for more. Mr. Krabs then sneaks into Mrs. Puff's garden and steals all of her peanut worms, which start spitting up on him. Mr. Krabs tries to escape but Mrs. Puff hits the fence piece Mr. Krabs is on with a crowbar, sending Mr. Krabs flying away from her. He looks in Patrick's house for food, and finds food made out of sand. It then crumples. Mr. Krabs finds Patrick sleeping in his cereal and steals the cereal. Pearl eats it but it isn't enough. Mr. Krabs goes into Squidward's house and steals all of his food, and feeds it to Pearl. She needs more, so he goes to SpongeBob's house and is about to get some food when SpongeBob notices. Squidward comes and explains that Mr. Krabs is a food thief. He is about to call the cops when Mr. Krabs gives him his gold tooth, and Squidward walks out of the house. Mr. Krabs cries and tells SpongeBob that he wants to feed his daughter. Later at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob makes a Krabby Patty that tastes like a million. Pearl stops growing and SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs that love was the secret ingredient. Mr. Krabs laughs then stops soon realizing that SpongeBob was right.
- The Twin Sisters - Chelmsford Folk Band [title card]
- My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean - traditional [opening]
- ? [Krabs smells his breath]
- Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Blarney stone, that's a horrible reek!"]
- My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean - traditional [Krabs brushes his teeth]
- ? [something crashes through the wall]
- ? - Nicolas Carr [Krabs stops]
- ? ["That's strange."]
- Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [Pearl yelling]
- King of the Giants D - John Fox, Otto Sieben [Pearl growing]
- ? [Pearl eats the whole refrigerator]
- ? [rimshot]
- ? ["I searched the entire house."]
- Creepy Sting 3 - ? [Krabs looking for food]
- Sword Fight - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [peanut worms spitting at Krabs]
- ? ["Who's there?"]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs runs to Patrick's rock]
- Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs opens Patrick's refrigerator]
- ? ["Jackpot!"]
- ? [food made of sand]
- Synopsis - Frank Harlow ["There, there, my darling."]
- Lovely Scenery C - Mladen Franko ["We'll make sure he never walks again!"]
- ? [cops]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs runs by]
- Creepy Sting 4 - ? [Krabs takes all of Squidward's food]
- Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [cop notices Krabs]
- ? ["What's with the sack?"]
- Police Car - Sam Spence [siren]
- The Drunken Sailor - ? [Krabs dropped off at his house]
- King of the Giants C - John Fox, Otto Sieben [Krabs feeds Pearl]
- Terror - Alan Braden [Pearl demands more food]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["I was afraid you were gonna say that."]
- The Drunken Sailor - ? [Krabs climbs a hill]
- ? [Krabs sees SpongeBob's house]
- Drama Link (f) - Hubert Clifford ["I wasn't stealing food!"]
- Fates - Gregor F. Narholz ["SpongeBob, I'm sorry! I had no other choice!"]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["Just give me one minute to change."]
- Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Good idea, SpongeBob."]
- Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Squidward enters]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs cries]
- Hello Sailor (b) - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob suggests taking Pearl to the Krusty Krab]
- ? [Pearl moaning]
- Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [SpongeBob feeds Pearl a Krabby Patty]
- ? - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob feeds Pearl a Krabby Patty]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Great Patty Caper
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 7th Season
- At the beginning Mr. Krabs says "growth spout" but at the end when he is talking to SpongeBob he says "growth spurt", like it should be said
- The title card of this episode is the only one with whales in the background.
- Pearl actually hated eating Krabby Patties, but this time she loved it (it is noticable in episode Bossy Boots). Also, in Whale of a Birthday, Pearl said that Krabby Patties are gross. However, in this epsiode, she willingly eats one. This may just be because she wants food so badly.
- The song that Mr. Krabs sings is similar to My Body Lies Over the Ocean and it played on Sleepy Time.
- It is unknown how Squidward knew that Mr. Krabs stole all of his food.
- SpongeBob only appeared in the final two scenes of this episode, making it his fourth-shortest span of screen time on the show, after "Rise and Shine", "New Leaf", and "Plankton's Army".
- The title is a play on the phrase growth spurt and the word (anatomy) spout.
- In this episode Mrs. Puff does not know Mr. Krabs, but in Krusty Love, she knew him. This is probably because it was dark outside so she could not tell who it was.
- When Mr. Krabs spots SpongeBob's pineapple, Squidward and Patrick's houses are absent from the scene.
- In the beginning, Pearl's fin grew. But when we saw a full-bodied Pearl, she was normal before the growth spout happened.
- Pearl grows to a massive size in this episode but strangely she is normal sized in all apearances after this episodes so it is unknown how she got back to regular size.
- Pearl's feet grew up at the start of the episode. However, she's wearing her boots at the Krusty Krab.
- Though not exactly an error, Pearl's growth spurt was overexaggerated. Although she is a whale so she would be growing to normal size.
- When Mr. Krabs said "I'm coming princess!" when he ran out the door Pearl's fin left the bathroom.