Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 6, Episode 101A|
|Airdate:||June 6, 2008|
|Written by:|| Aaron Springer|
|Directed by:||Tom Yasumi|
|Guest(s):||Alton Brown as Nicholas Whithers|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Stanley S. SquarePants"||"Krabby Road"|
It's a fine day, and Squidward is watching House Fancy, hosted by Nicholas Whithers. However, he found out that his arch-nemesis, Squilliam Fancyson, is on that show. After seeing this, he accidentally spills his tea on the floor. On Squilliam's House Fancy episode, he gives Nick a tour of his house. Squidward is not amused. While seeing Squilliam's television appearance, he sees the mess he made earlier, tries to cover it, but has a problem. SpongeBob sees the whole thing and tries to help him, with disastrous results (one of them involving Squidward's toenail being ripped out from moving a sofa). Soon, Squidward hears the doorbell ring, and tells SpongeBob to clean up the mess with a vacuum. However, he ends up sucking up everything in the house, causing the vacuum to explode and destroying the house. However, when Nicholas Whithers sees Squidward's destroyed house, he views it as a work of abstract art, and proclaims that his house is better than Squilliam's. The end leads to Squilliam crying because he has lost and Squidward happy with the help of SpongeBob.
- When SpongeBob rips Squidward's toenail out of his foot with the couch, a small amount of blood is shown. This is one of the few times blood appears.
- For many individuals, Squidward losing his toenail has become one of the most gruesome scenes in the show, thus making this episode infamous like "The Splinter."
- Squilliam displays his "rooftop garden", but his house is initially shown to have a tower instead of a flat roof.
- After Squidward's house is destroyed by the vacuum, for a split second you can see nothing at the house, not even SpongeBob and Squidward before the House Fancy logo comes up. However, when Nicholas Withers and Squilliam get to Squidward's house, everything is back at the house again.
- Squidward says there is a stain on the rug, but the stain is actually on the floor.
- Squidward could have easily cleaned up the stain in 2 hours.
- Squidward said to SpongeBob that he would call the cops "again" if SpongeBob did not go away. This could possibly represent "Fiasco!" in which Squidward called them on SpongeBob for making a lot of noise. However, they then arrest Squidward for no reason. In this episode, Squidward probably got out of jail as the police realized that he did not do anything.
- Squilliam cries after Nick claims Squidward's house is far fancier than Squilliam's house, and the sound of his crying sounds like Waluigi's from the Mario series.
- Twice, Squilliam's phone rings while Nicholas Withers is talking. This action resembles it, when on TV, people use "bad words" and they censor them.
- Nicholas would appear again in the episode "Patrick-Man!"
- In "To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants" Squidward is seen reading a House Fancy magazine. He also reads one in "The Inside Job."
- Originally, Nick was supposed to hate Squidward's house, and still love Squilliam's.
- This episode, along with "Krabby Road," air less often in the Netherlands.
- This is the first time Squilliam's house is shown.
- When Patrick is going to Squidward's toilet, he has nothing, but when he came out from the toilet, he is holding a newspaper. It is possible that Squidward keeps a newspaper in his bathroom.
- Whenever Squilliam's last name is shown throughout the episode, it is spelled as "Fancy son".
- In the elevator, the right image of Squilliam does not have a unibrow.
- In the ending scene where Nicholas Withers visits Squidward's house, SpongeBob's house is missing.
- Squidward said "I haven't even got time to wash my hair." When he doesn't even have hair.
- When Squidward's couch was whole, the paint was all over the couch. However, when the couch is split in half some of the paint disappeared.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Spongicus
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 6, Volume 1
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete Sixth Season