Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 8, Episode 171B|
|Airdate:||April 9, 2012|
|Written by:|| Casey Alexander|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Karen 2.0"||"Face Freeze!"|
It is a very fine day in Bikini Bottom, and down at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob adds one percent too much mustard to the Krabby Patties. Mr. Krabs isn't happy with this as this gross excess would lead him to banruptcy within the next four hundred years, however, he assumes SpongeBob is an insomniac (a disorder where a person has sleeping difficulties). So Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob home to get more shut-eye.
SpongeBob has a hard time sleeping, so, he goes to Patrick's house. Patrick tries to help SpongeBob asleep by reading a bedtime story. This doesn't work, since it is a "wake-up story" (The Land of Perpetual Excitement ). Then Patrick sings SpongeBob his "lullaby", but it is really a wake-up song, since it has the lyrics, "Get up, be active! Get up, be active!" Then Patrick gives SpongeBob coffee, which makes SpongeBob even more awake.
SpongeBob starts running around, and starts hallucinating things, such as a talking glass of milk, a bunch of Squidward, etc. Then he hallucinates Patrick eating him, thinking he's a spongecake. Inside Patrick, SpongeBob hallucinates Sir Cecil the sleep wizard. Sir Cecil puts sleepy dust (which is really litter from Gary's litter box) on SpongeBob, then he falls asleep. When SpongeBob wakes up in Gary's litter box, he snaps back to reality.
Realizing he's late for work, a very tired SpongeBob goes to Krusty Krab to go sleep in a barrel of mustard. Mr. Krabs takes SpongeBob out of the barrel of ruined mustard, and wonders why SpongeBob couldn't sleep. The sponge confesses that his "insomnia" got the best of him. Then he starts crying tears made of mustard! He cries the perfect amount that is needed to be on the patties. Squidward is happy to see SpongeBob being forced to cry mustard.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 8th Season
- The episode's title is a spoof of the word "insomniac."
- This episode was going to be about Mr. Krabs having a nightmare and turning into a mustard dispenser. It is a possibility that it was changed due to it being too scary for the younger kids. But the mustard dispenser Krabs was still seen in SpongeBob's nightmare. It was probably a callback to the original plot
- This episode was announced at Comic-Con on August 1, 2011 but didn't air until April 9, 2012.
- This episode was scheduled to air on January 16, 2012, but was pulled due to the plot change.
- The title card scared a few people and younger viewers according to some fans.
- The close-up of SpongeBob's eyes in the title card is used later on in the episode, but crookedly different.
- SpongeBob was deprived of sleep before, in Fear of a Krabby Patty. His sleep deprivation once again led to hallucinations.
- This episode's plot is similar to "Squidward in Clarinetland", in that both SpongeBob, and Squidward got lost in a new land. Then they both came out of it, realizing it was a dream.
- When Mr. Krabs calculated and got 411, he was adding numbers that made a much higher number. The real answer was 511.
- Mr. Krabs had not reacted before over SpongeBob flipping the patties a different way before.
- The reason for SpongeBob actually getting insominia might be becuase he was under pressure to do excactly the opposite.
- After SpongeBob says, "Yes. SpongeBob SquarePants reporting for sleepy time." he walks into the kitchen, but the sand from Gary's litter box disappears. However, it is a cartoon, so the sand must've gotten erased by the writers when they were writing this episode.
- This episode has some similarities with "A Friendly Game". In that episode, on Hole 2, Patrick wasn't really helping SpongeBob, he was rushing SpongeBob so he could miss the ball, while in this episode, he isn't helping SpongeBob go to sleep.
- This is the first time to use mixed letters since That's No Lady.
- The Mustard Gauge is a parody of a tire's air pressure gauge.
- When SpongeBob ran to Patrick's, Squidward's house is missing. The same error occurred in "The Secret Box".