Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"It Came from Goo Lagoon"|
|Season 9, Episode 185|
|Airdate:|| June 27, 2013 (Greece)|
February 17, 2014 (US)
|Written by:|| Marc Ceccarelli|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Evil Spatula"||"Safe Deposit Krabs"|
"It Came from Goo Lagoon" (titled "SpongeBob Vs. The Goo" in promotions) is the second segment of the 185th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
It is a typical day at Goo Lagoon and SpongeBob and Patrick are having fun. Suddenly, large purple volcanic Mucus Bubbles, also known as "Super Bubbles" arise out of the lagoon. They came out of a crack at the bottom of the lagoon. Two bubbles approach SpongeBob and Patrick. Just as they were going to use them to bounce like a ball, Sandy approaches them. She claims these bubbles are dangerous. However, SpongeBob uses them anyway. Meanwhile, Sheldon (Plankton) tries to sell his chum from a wheelbarrow when Squidward smashes him with an umbrella. SpongeBob and Patrick use their Mucus Bubbles to likewise bounce and smash Squidward Tentacles and his belongings. More bubbles begin to arise from the lagoon, and the Bikini Bottomites begin to use the bubbles. Sandy tries to explain to SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, the Bikini Bottomites, and Plankton, that the bubbles are dangerous. She says that they are safe when stable, but if unstable, it can coat all of Bikini Bottom in a poisonous goo. Plankton hears this and builds a machine to find a bubble large enough to destroy the entire city, as most are rather small. Then he goes under the water in a ship to find the crack where the bubbles are coming from.
Meanwhile, everyone continues to use the goo, although Sandy said it was dangerous. SpongeBob and Patrick continue to use the goo as bouncy balls. Squidward begins to use the goo as a hairdo. The other citizens continue to use it for their own purposes as well. Perch Perkins begins to report for the Bikini Bottom News with Johnny. He states how the gooey Mucus Bubbles are popular at Goo Lagoon. While on the air, Sandy, now going partly insane with her theory, says how the bubbles were dangerous again. Everybody still thinks she is wrong, but soon she will be right. Plankton continues on his quest to find the ultimate Mucus Bubble in his ship. He is set to find the crack at any cost. Soon, he finds it. Plankton, as well as Karen, widen the crack, and unleash the largest Mucus Bubble. It rises out of Goo Lagoon, and everybody now agrees with Sandy.
The trio examine the bubble, and realize it is dangerous. They need to stop it with supplies from Sandy's Treedome. SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy proceed to her treedome. However, Patrick gets sweeped into the bubble, controlled by Plankton. The duo gets into Sandy's submarine at her treedome, then proceeds to save Patrick. They soon find the giant bubble and send down a rope to grab Patrick, who is sitting on the goo. Patrick climbs up the rope into the submarine, and then the three prepare themselves to stop the bubble. They soon discover that Plankton is controlling the bubble, after they see his ship. The recently reformed trio pursuit Plankton around the bubble. They oddly catch him seemingly easily. Sadly, Plankton outsmarts the trio and sends them off the bubble. He also destroys Sandy's submarine. The trio then pursue the bubble on foot through downtown Bikini Bottom. They end up at the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy, many Bikini Bottomites, and Mr. Krabs confront Plankton and the bubble in front of the Krusty Krab and Chum Bucket. Then, they attempt to send the bubble away, and foil Plankton's plan. Their attempts are failures, however. Plankton then demands the Krabby Patty formula or else he will pop the bubble, and coat the entire city in a poisonous goo. Left with a choice of giving up the formula or being chased by an angry mob, Mr. Krabs reluctantly surrenders and gives him the "formula". Plankton outsmarts them again, and pops the bubble anyway. The city is now covered in a poisonous goo. Plankton proceeds to read the "formula " on his ship. It reads, "The Only Ingredient Is... T.N.T."! He realizes the formula is fake while the T.N.T explodes, ruining his plan. Mr. Krabs, covered in goo, thinks everything is back to normal. Sandy corrects him, with the fact that everyone and everything in Bikini Bottom is covered in goo, and says that it is a "disaster". Mr. Krabs makes a plan to clean everybody. He uses soap bubbles to clean everybody and everything in town, while still making a profit.
- The mucus bubbles in this episode are purple, despite the title card makes it seem like they would be green.
- Sandy's submarine from "Bubble Troubles" appears again and is also destroyed (again).
- Plankton sells chum from a cart in this episode, like how he sold chum from a box in "Drive Thru."
- SpongeBob, and Patrick run back and forth from the water similar to how they ran back and forth from their houses in "That Sinking Feeling."
- This is the third appearance of the moon in SpongeBob SquarePants; it previously appeared in "Sandy's Rocket', and "Mooncation."
- When Sandy, and SpongeBob re-entered Earth's atmosphere in "Mooncation", Sandy had to make sure they didn't burn up. Yet Plankton went right up, and came down fast, and never burned up.
- A sneak preview of Breadwinners aired after this episode's premiere.
- Plankton successfully steals the Krabby Patty formula, although it's a joke version of the formula where the only ingredient is TNT, a powerful explosive.
- This is the third time Mr. Krabs has tricked Plankton with a fake formula. The previous two times were "Plankton's Army" and "New Leaf."
- Patrick, once again, had a nose.
- In the end, everybody gets cleaned, similar to the de-icking in "Fungus Among Us."
- This episode may take place before "SpongeGuard on Duty" because SpongeBob and Patrick do not know how to swim.
- At one point Patrick pulled his arm off and it didn't grow back. Normally the limbs of a starfish do grow back. Patrick's limbs in the episode "Karate Star" did grow back however.
- It took a long time to grow back in that episode, so it is probably that it would have taken too much time to wait.
- This is the second time that Plankton has both been seen at and was planning to sell chum at Goo Lagoon. The first time was in "Walking Small."
- The Tanning Mirror seen in this episode is different to the one seen in "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy." Also, in both episodes, Squidward was the one that used it.
- The Lifeguard wears similar shorts as Patrick regularly wears.
- The title is a reference to the movie Creature from the Black Lagoon.
- When the Super Goo bubble is shown between the Krusty Krab and the Chum Bucket, the path leading from the Chum Bucket to the road is missing.
- Both Patrick and SpongeBob's clothes change from their swim outfits to there normal outfits without it being shown.
- When Bill jumped in the trash can, he was dirty and then turned blue.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are bouncing on the lagoon right before they hit Nat, SpongeBob is shown and then Patrick shown ahead of him, but when SpongeBob bounces over Nat and when Patrick hit Nat, Patrick is behind SpongeBob.
- The button on Sandy's suit that opened up the projector was placed between the top of the zipper and the zipper itself.