|Season 1, Episode 3A|
|Airdate:||July 31, 1999|
|Written by:|| Steven Fonti|
|Directed by:||Steve Fonti|
|← Previous||Next →|
A jellyfish swims by SpongeBob's house, where SpongeBob and Patrick observe it through a telescope. They prepare for jellyfishing, but then meet Squidward and ask him if he wants to join them. He refuses and decides to go bicycling instead. SpongeBob asks Squidward if he can join them next time. Squidward says yes and goes off. Unfortunately, while he is bicycling, he has an accident (involving a jellyfish) and is wheelchair bound. SpongeBob and Patrick decide that what Squidward needs is a "Best Day Ever" jellyfishing expedition but when Patrick fails to put a jellyfishing net in squidward's cast covered hand he stabs it through squidward's palm. He is not into it at first, but when a jellyfish stings him, he goes after it for revenge. He manages to catch the jellyfish, but in doing so angers a queen jellyfish. The queen jellyfish chases after him, attacking him with an extremely massive sting. The next day, SpongeBob and Patrick meet outside Squidward's house, and attempt to give a now life-support-bound Squidward the jellyfish that he caught the previous day. Squidward, still mad, opens the jar and lets the jellyfish attack SpongeBob and Patrick. As Squidward laughs, the royal giant discovers him and stings him, destroying his life-support. A completely blackened Squidward can only say, "Ow."
- SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward are all left-handed in this episode.
- Squidward's net switches between his hands. First it is in his right hand, then his left, then right again. This error will next happen in "Krabby Road".
- Squidward rode off a cliff, causing an explosion. This was referenced in the season 3 episode, "My Pretty Seahorse", when Squidward started not to laugh at SpongeBob because of his previous karma. however he still rode off a cliff.
- This is the first time Squidward causes an explosion.
- When Squidward was in his wheelchair, he needed a cast for each arm, but he was able to move them to slam his jellyfish against the bigger jellyfish.
- When Squidward went after the jellyfish, he was holding a net in his left hand. When he was catching the jellyfish, the net was in his right hand. When he was chased by a huge jellyfish, the net was back in his left hand.*When SpongeBob and Patrick throw Squidward a Best Day Ever Party, SpongeBob is inside, but when Squidward leaves his house, SpongeBob is shown outside.*When Squidward leaves SpongeBob and Patrick on his bicycle, SpongeBob's house is missing.*5th time Mr. Krabs doesn't appear.
- This is the first time Squidward is seen riding his bicycle.
- This episode uses music from the film Jaws.
- This episode may take place after "Christmas Who?" because Patrick seems to know what Christmas is.
- Clips from this episode appeared in the 2003 film Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, but the characters' voices were spoken in Mandarin.
- Footage of a jellyfish from this episode appeared at the beginning of the season 5 episode 20,000 Patties Under the Sea.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Sponge Buddies
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Nautical Nonsense and Sponge Buddies
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 1st Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: It's a SpongeBob Christmas!
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|