SpongeBob and Sandy are practicing karate against each other. SpongeBob is carefully going around his house looking for her, until she jumps out. They fight and have lots of fun. Sandy tells him that she will sneak up on him and fight him tomorrow. Afterwards, they keep on doing karate and are equally matched. At the Krusty Krab the next day, SpongeBob thinks anyone or anything can be Sandy, so he is cautious and does not work much. When he strikes one of the customers, Mr. Krabs demands to know what is going on, so SpongeBob explains to him that he is doing karate.
Therefore, Mr. Krabs tells him to stop doing karate, or he will be fired. Sandy attacks him, and though SpongeBob attempts to explain Mr. Krabs' warning, Sandy refuses to listen. At that moment, Mr. Krabs comes out of the Krusty Krab and thinks he is doing karate with Sandy and then promptly fires SpongeBob (even though he was just standing there and doing nothing). Sandy explains it to him, and he gives him his job back.
The two attempt to forget about karate and go to the park. However, while slicing sandwiches, they begin doing karate again and Mr. Krabs catches them soon after. However, he finds that karate chops can replace knives, and has SpongeBob and Sandy slice Krabby Patties this way, earning him more money.
- When SpongeBob tosses Krabby Patties on Squidward's head, there are six, in the next shot, there are eight.
- Mr. Krabs tells Squidward that he was in his office, however, Mr. Krabs' office is the first door on the left. And when he comes in, he's on the right. But when SpongeBob talks to him, Mr. Krabs is on his office side next to Squidward.
- When SpongeBob attacks Fred and sends him into the floor, some fish are shocked. One of the fish (who is gray with something purple on his face) is the fish that acts confused when he hears Plankton's squeaky voice in "Walking Small".
- A second window was added to SpongeBob's pineapple home near the lower right corner. Before, there was only one window on the upper left corner.
- In one scene where SpongeBob and Sandy are karate chopping each other, Sandy karate kicks SpongeBob into the background. SpongeBob yells "curses!" and Sandy appears to be moving her mouth as though she is also saying it, though she could be mimicking it.
- When SpongeBob rolls Sandy into a ball, her helmet and flower disappear.
- The face on the hot sauce drop is Tom Kenny's face. In the audio commentary for this episode, Tom Kenny explained that he had to wear red makeup on his face to make it blend in better, and that he had to go to a meeting after the shoot and the red makeup wouldn't come off properly.
- The hot sauce drop is also notable for scaring young children due to its live action face.
- A clip of this episode can be seen in the 2010 film Date Night.
- SpongeBob went into the bathroom and thought he heard Sandy, but SpongeBob went into the men's room, so Sandy could not be in there.
- In this episode, SpongeBob is good as Sandy at karate, but in other episodes, Sandy is better.
- When Squidward said, "Go!" the Captions said D'oh!".
- This is the first time the Bikini Bottom park appears.
- When SpongeBob slices the first slice of salami, the mustard bottle is missing.
- At the Bikini Bottom park, when Sandy karate chops SpongeBob's arm, SpongeBob doesn't have his karate gear on, but in the next shot, he has it on.
- It is unknown if Sandy and SpongeBob ate the Krabby Patties because after fighting (and making Krabby Patties), they were just relaxing and the Patties were just on the ground.
- This is the unique episode in what SpongeBob defeats Sandy in a karate fight.
- After the bubble transition cuts to the Krusty Krab, some bubble freeze in mid-air. This error happened again in The Camping Episode.
- Oddly, during "the fight", a brick can be shown in their dust cloud.
- The mask that Sandy says is her "worst disguise yet" looks similar to the one that SpongeBob wears when he pretends to be Sandy's "pappy" in "Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm."
- MY LEG is heard when Fred is chopped by SpongeBob.
- It is unknown how the rock halves separated after SpongeBob let go of them.
- This is the last episode of SpongeBob that aired in 1999.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|