|"Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful"|
|Season 7, Episode 131A|
|Original air date:||January 2, 2010|
|Written by:|| Luke Brookshier|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Model Sponge"||"A Pal for Gary"|
Squidward exits his house, saying "Another beautiful Sunday". He goes down the street, dancing, but steps on some Litterbug gum and falls. He frantically tries to get it loose. He finally does, and tosses the gum aside. Officer John sees the gum and inspects it. He then walks over to Squidward, thinking he littered, and asks Squidward about the gum, to which Squidward replies, "I just stepped in it." Officer John says "Boy, you sure did", and gives him a ticket sentencing him to community service.
It then cuts to Squidward picking up trash (with some people giving him their trash), then Squilliam comes along and brags about the statue that was made of him just for cleaning up Bikini Bottom in only one week, to which Squidward replies, "I can clean it up in one day!". Squilliam then gets out a tissue and blows his nose on it, and says "Here, this should get you started.", and drops it on the ground. Officer John comes along, sees the tissue, and thinks Squidward dropped it. He then gives Squidward another ticket.
Squidward puts the trash-filled SpongeBob in SpongeBob's own bin (giving Squidward another ticket for putting his trash in someone else's property). SpongeBob finds that the reason why Squidward wants to get rid of the trash is to get a statue of himself. SpongeBob makes a statue of Squidward made of the garbage. Squilliam says the statue is just like Squidward, having the stench of faliure. The horrible stench melts Squilliam's statue, ruining it, and Squilliam surprisingly gets a ticket from Officer John. Before the end of the episode, Officer John gives both SpongeBob and Squidward get tickets for the statue made of garbage.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Heroes of Bikini Bottom
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 7th Season
- This episode was formerly called "Trashman Squidward".
- Officer John gave eight tickets to Squidward, one to SpongeBob, and one to Squilliam making it a total of ten tickets.
- Running gag: Officer John giving Squidward tickets for things that weren't even his fault.
- This is the first episode where Squidward and Squilliam both lose against each other because they both got tickets, along with SpongeBob.
- Squilliam mentions SpongeBob's name in this episode. In Squilliam Returns, he asks for SpongeBob's name and in House Fancy, SpongeBob mentions Squilliam's name.
- This is Officer John's largest role to date.
- Eight tickets would have gotten Squidward sent to prison in real life for repeat violations.
- This episode's name is an obvious reference to the "Keep ____(Country or city)___ Beautiful" sayings written on public trash cans or public benches.
- The first time that Squilliam's statue is shown, it has no unibrow, but near the end and right before the statue melts, it has a unibrow.