|Season 7, Episode 132B|
|Airdate:||September 11, 2010|
|Written by:|| Luke Brookshier|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Yours, Mine and Mine"||"The Curse of Bikini Bottom"|
SpongeBob starts his day at work by making Sea Fries. Mr. Krabs calls him for a meeting in his office. Mr. Krabs tells Spongebob about the Cheapest Krab Award and that he has been nominated, and is excited to hear that he is taking him to the Awards Ceremony.
SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs take the cheapest form of transportation possible - traveling through mail at the cost of a one cent stamp. They meet up with the other crabs at a hotel, only to find out that one of them, such as Chintzey McGee, did not spend a thing on their travel. Mr. Krabs teaches SpongeBob his first lesson about cheapness by giving the bellhop a tip (a quarter with a string attached to it) and then pulling it away from him. SpongeBob tries the same routine, only to fail. The two meet up again with the other crabs in time for the ceremony. A video of the nominees is shown, and Mr. Krabs gets worried about the competition. He asks SpongeBob to go up on the stage and "exaggerate" about him being cheap. SpongeBob gets confused and thinks he should lie, which he does by telling everyone that Mr. Krabs is generous, getting Mr. Krabs disqualified from winning the award. Afterward, Mr. Krabs cries about his loss, but SpongeBob tells him about "exaggerating" and Mr. Krabs becomes interested. The two begin "exaggerating" everything in their room (taking items and putting them in their suitcases). The other crabs soon realize that Mr. Krabs stole a whole room, and as a result, Mr. Krabs wins the award. However, the person who gave the award snags it back because of a string connected to it.
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
- ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [opening at Krusty Krab]
- Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Please report to me office."]
- Befuddled Gent - Phillip Green [Krabs nominated for Cheapest Crab Award]
- ? - Nicolas Carr ["Road... trip!"]
- ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I'm gonna teach you all me cheapskate knowledge."]
- Whimsical Walk - Phillip Green [Krabs and SpongeBob arrive at the hotel]
- Big Show Theme - Robert Sharples [everyone cheers]
- Proud Fanfare - David Farnon ["Chintzy McGee?!"]
- Cockney Capers - Ray Davies* ["Thanks for letting me hitch a ride, Krabs."]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Your room, sir."]
- ? ["Aye aye, sir!"]
- Harry the Hippo - Phillip Green [huge guy]
- Editor's Falling Over (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob crushed]
- Harry the Hippo - Phillip Green ["Quit fooling around!"]
- Witty Fellow - Gerhard Trede [cheapskate crab convention]
- Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [SpongeBob lending money]
- ? - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob lending money]
- ? [rimshot]
- Big Screen News Link (b) - Richard Myhill [shot of trophy]
- Cocksure Capers - Phillip Green [Eugene Krabs in "Sign of the Times"]
- Paper Boy - Harry Lubin [Beuford Bargain Bottom in "Convenience Store Caper"]
- Darting Around - Harry Bluestone [Dwight T. Wad in "Tying Up Loose Ends"]
- ? ["Aw, jeez."]
- Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Well, that's highly unconventional."]
- Monocle and Pocket-Watch - Brian Douglas Gulland [SpongeBob and Krabs winking at each other]
- Sneaking About - Phillip Green [start of SpongeBob's speech]
- Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob's nervous]
- Watch Out! - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob talks about how generous Krabs is]
- Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney ["How can he live with himself?!"]
- Will He, Won't He? - David Lindup [end of SpongeBob's speech]
- Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [Krabs faints]
- ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs disqualified]
- ? ["Ooh!"]
- ? [SpongeBob packing hotel towels]
- ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Krabs packing the entire room]
- ? ["Do you have any hotel property in this bag?"]
- Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["You lifted the entire hotel room?!"]
- Proud Moment - Harry Bluestone [everyone applauds]
- Proud Fanfare - David Farnon [trophy awarded to Krabs]
- Slide Whistle Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Heroes of Bikini Bottom
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 7th Season
- All the crabs look, act, talk, and laugh like Mr. Krabs. This is similar to how the other cephalopods in Squidville and Cephalopod Lodge resemble Squidward.
- This episode is paired with "Yours, Mine and Mine". Both this episode and that one has the theme of generosity and selfishness.
- The cheapskate handshake
- Two cheapskates say "penny pinching, penny pinching" while sticking their claws in the air and pinching
- They pinch each others' butts
- They say "cheap, cheap, cheap" like little birds and peck on the ground
- When SpongeBob was "exaggerating" about Mr. Krabs being cheap, he was saying that he was very generous. If Mr. Krabs had just explained to the other crabs that SpongeBob was exaggerating/lying about him, then they might have understood that SpongeBob meant that Mr. Krabs was very cheap.
- Of the three nominees, the only one which showed cheapness was the crab tying toilet paper back onto the roll. Mr. Krabs charging customers $1 per step and the crab ringing up a bag of potato chips three times (because they have "three times the flavor") could not really be considered displays of cheapness; technically, they were cheating customers out of money, not being cheap.
- The crabs sneak toiletries and towels from the hotel, just like some people in real-life do.
- Dwight T. Wad tied old toilet paper to the roll, but it was an ineffective method: someone could rip them off, flush them, and use clean pieces off the roll instead.
- The Penny Pincher award appears in the Spongebob's Marbles and slides mobile game.
- Mr. Krabs couldn't spend one cent on a stamp if the envelope was heavy. The heavier a piece of mail is, the more it will cost to send it.
- When Mr. Krabs snapped Spongebob's hand off in the end of the episode, his feet were blue, but as soon as he moved they were red again.