|Season 7, Episode 150A|
|Airdate:||October 9, 2010|
|Written by:|| Aaron Springer|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Tunnel of Glove"||"The Wreck of the Mauna Loa"|
At the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob's preparing a large batch of Krabby Patties and humorously shaping its byproduct with the last of the hamburger pieces. After his last joke in which he seems to be talking to Gary, he made a figure resembling a hot dog. He cooked it in a pot and the weiner was given to Mr. Krabs. SpongeBob suggests adding the weiner to the menu only if he uses the leftover meat which possibly means Mr. Krabs doesn't want to buy extra meat to make weiners. When a customer is curious about where the employees are, he looks into the kitchen to find the latest Krusty Krab product and is impressed. The happy customer convinced others to buy it. After serving several eager customers, Mr. Krabs posted the product with the name Krusty Dog on the Galley Grub for 3.99 or 4.99 with cheese. Gaining a higher popularity than Krabby Patties, Mr. Krabs ordered the patties off the menu since no one likes them anymore. He also throws out the grill and spatula which causes SpongeBob to suffer and go unconscious. The advertisement changed also as Squidward was dressed as a mascot, only to be kicked by Tyler, and posters were posted everywhere. In a plan to put patties back, SpongeBob pasted out rumors and lies about what some of the real ingredients are. After little success and help from Squidward, he made people think that a Krusty Dog will explode which annoyed them by exploding a Krusty Dog with a pump in one customers face. When Krabby Patties regained popularity, Squidward is dressed in a costume again only to be kicked by Sadie, thinking that the patties are only as bad as the wieners.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 7th Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob, You're Fired!
- Though it only happens twice, it is a running gag where Squidward is in a costume with someone talking about good education and then giving Squidward a kick.
- SpongeBob made a snail out of meat, which meowed. Then he made a telephone, which Gary called him on. Neither of these things are possible, even though most impossible things happen on SpongeBob. (Similar to how in Ripped Pants, the phone he made out of sand called him.).
- When Mr. Krabs erases Krabby Patties from the menu, a lady is eating a Krabby Patty right behind him.
- The hot dog on the title card doesn't look like the Krusty Dogs. It also has more mustard.
- During the change in the menu, after Squidward calls the weiners "highway robbery" at the price ($4.99), Mr. Krabs replies with "avec fromage", which means "with cheese" in French, and $4.99 is the price of the hot dog with cheese. This may also be a throwback to the SpongeBob movie, which Squidward says, "$101 for a Krabby Patty?" and Mr. Krabs responds, "With cheese Mr. Squidward, with cheese".
- Because of the constant use of the word "weiner" or "weiners" (18 times to be exact), this controversial episode was banned in some countries, excluding the US, or is replaced by hot dog.
- The Galley Grub on this episode is the same as the one on Krusty Krab Training Video and Pickles.
- SpongeBob had troubles holding a pair of pliers, but when he boiled the very first Krusty dog (which was before that other scene), he was using pliers with no troubles.
- SpongeBob was apparently seen unconscious with open eyes that is similar to Kate from 1990 film Mermaids who got rescued by nuns after suffering major drowning.
- When Mr. Krabs comes up with the idea to sell Krusty Dogs, he eliminates Krabby Patties from the menu. In "Pizza Delivery", he didn't eliminate Krabby Patties from the menu when he came up with the idea to sell pizza.
- When Mr. Krabs renames his restaurant "The Krusty Dogs", SpongeBob mispronounces it as "Krusty Dog".
- When SpongeBob looks out the window to see Mr. Krabs renaming the restaurant, he wouldn't be able to the read the signpost from that angle.
- SpongeBob boils the very first hot dog in water, but in reality, if you boiled hamburger meat in water, it would fall apart. Though hot dogs in real life are made with ground meat, they are tightly packed in casing, which keeps them from falling apart, though Krabby Patties are not regular meat, due to having a secret formula.
- This episode has given a secret away unintentionally; the secret of the Krabby Patty Formula must be a compound to hold the meat together, as evidenced by the above fact.
- SpongeBob doesn't seem to know what a hot dog is in "SpongeBob You're Fired", but he does in this episode.
- This is the similar scene of SpongeBob's shock of eyes just like Wendy from the 1980 classic horror film The Shining.
- When the customers could only eat Krusty Dogs, someone in the background is eating a Krabby Patty.
- On the Krusty Krab window, there's a picture of a hot dog instead of a Krabby Patty.
- When Mr. Krabs erases the Krabby Patty from the menu, a lady was still eating one.