"Krusty Love" is the second segment of the 36th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
This romantic episode starts at the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs smells something weird. He goes to the cash register, where the smell is coming from. It's the smell of money. However, it doesn't smell like it usually does. Mr. Krabs can smell that the money is equal to $49.08, which means that 1 penny was lost. He goes crazy, while SpongeBob reassures him that 1 penny isn't that much. Mr. Krabs, while giving a speech on his love of money, see Mrs. Puff eating at Krusty Krab, and instantly falls in love with her. He wonders what happened to Mr. Puff, and then the audience is shown his horrible fate (he was turned into a lamp). Mr. Krabs, then, speaks gibberish and SpongeBob tries to translate what he was saying.
That night when Mr. Krabs goes on a date with her to the Fancy! Restaurant with imported music, but ends up spending $100,000.00 in one night. The next time Mr. Krabs goes on a date with her, he leaves SpongeBob in charge of his wallet and not to spend any of it. However when he goes to Mrs. Puff's House, he forces SpongeBob to buy a long series of increasingly unnecessary things for her. Mr. Krabs is still getting mad at him for spending his money. Eventually, SpongeBob becomes fed up and after Mr. Krabs makes a snide comment about him, mouths off to Mr. Krabs and leaves. In the end, Mrs. Puff says she doesn't feel comfortable accepting all of the gifts and says she'd rather go Dutch if he doesn't mind, gives Mr. Krabs some money, and kisses him, causing his eyes to form into a heart shape.
- Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff have never seen together in a date after this episode, which implies that the two might broke up at some point during the storyline.
- Items that Mrs. Puff gets on her and Mr. Krabs' second date:
- A sun hat
- A fur coat
- A pair of shoes
- Fine jewelry
- An umbrella
- A bicycle
- A surfboard
- A grandfather clock
- An anchor weight
- A television set
- A canopy bed
- Golf clubs
- A teddy bear
- An inner tube
- A bowling ball
- A baseball
- A dart board and 3 darts
- A sink and faucet
- A plant
- A table
- A washing machine
- A toaster with some bread
- A beach ball
- A glass
- At least 8 books, including a dictionary
- A stereo system
- A crown
- A ruby
- The copyright information at the end of the episode is dated 2000, even though this episode aired in 2002. This is because the episode was made in 2000.
- The music at the end of episode is later used for title music of All That Glitters.
- The fancy restaurant Mrs Puff and Mr Krabs were at was the same in the episode Chocolate with Nuts.
- 21st time Patrick doesn't appear.
- First time crabs appear in a title card. Shell of a Man, Nautical Novice, and Grandpappy the Pirate are the others. If you want to count Mr. Krabs, Friend or Foe and Oral Report are also the others.
- In this episode, it was revealed that Mrs. Puff's husband was turned into a lamp.
- In The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, there was a puffer fish light and it's possible that Mr. Puff is currently at Shell City.
- SpongeBob has cursed in front of Mr. Krabs before, in Sailor Mouth. However, since no sound effects (such as dolphin chirps) were heard during his cursing this time, it may have been a different vocabulary.
- This marks the first and only time Mr. Krabs fell in love with Mrs. Puff and fell in love with something/someone besides money.
- In Summer Job, Mrs. Puff asks Mr. Krabs, "Are you saying we should go on a date?" It is a likely reference to this episode, and may indicate that Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff broke up at some point.
- In the European Spanish version, SpongeBob says the same curse as the original, although in the Latin American Spanish version, it is babbling and every sentence ends in-ufala. At the end he shouts: "In the wallet of Mr. Krabs!".
- The episode itself aired after Valentine's Day 2002.
- In the Valentine's Day week, it airs with Valentine's Day.
- When Spongebob tells Mr. Krabs that he needs a giant rusty anchor for his date, Mr. Krabs says he dosen't have it when his own house is a giant rusty anchor. But SpongeBob would probably get fired for it or even arrested because of theft.
- This is the second time where Spongebob's speech is gibberish due to him swearing the first time was "Rock Bottom" he also did this again in Employee of The Month (PC game).
- After Mrs. Puff was looking up SpongeBob's language and sets the dictionary down, when she gets up, the dictionary instantly moves to the pillow.
- Mr. Krabs fell in love with Mrs. Puff in this episode. But in Growth Spout, Mrs. Puff doesn't know him (although it's probably because it was dark outside and it was in the night time, so she could not see who it really was).
- Mr. Krabs meets Mrs. Puff in this episode. However, in an older episode, Life of Crime, he gets a gift from her. It's possible that it just said "from Mrs. Puff" and he never met Mrs. Puff until now, yet not confirmed.
In one scene, Mr. Krabs's nose looked like the color of his shell.
Home video releasesEdit
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Seascape Capers
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 2nd Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|