Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius|
|"Lady Sings the News"|
|Season 3, Episode 63B|
Jimmy flirting with Cindy, unaware that they're on-camera at the moment.
|Airdate:||November 17, 2006|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"How to Sink a Sub"||–|
The episode begins with Cindy telling Libby that she played footsie in the library with Jimmy. Jimmy is then seen sending a laser at a satellite in space, so that they can paste their heads on the body of the news reporter. Corky, a famous television producer hires Jimmy, Carl, Libby, Cindy, and Sheen to work for a children's news company. Jimmy is the anchor, Cindy is the co-anchor, Sheen is the sports reporter, Carl is the weatherman, and Libby as the gossip reporter. However, Libby takes her duties a little too far when she starts gossiping about other people's private lives, such as telling everyone about Jimmy's and Cindy's flirting, that Carl had toilet paper on his shoe for the whole day, and that Sheen talks to sockpuppets.
Libby then starts to abuse her gossip even more by blackmailing people. Her friends then plot to stop her from invading the privacy of the rest of the town, by making Libby report fake news about aliens controlling Carl. She reports this on the news, and a whole mob of people attack Carl. She then realizes that the aliens were fake, and Jimmy, Carl, Sheen, and Cindy were trying to teach her a lesson. Libby then realizes what a jerk she's been and apologizes to them for the way she acted. They later get fired from their jobs because the producer wants to make a show about Sheen's sockpuppets. The mob then chases the TV producer and the kids walk home, but forget about Carl, who's still trapped.
- This the last time Libby has appeared in animation, as of the present time.
- Sheen has a secret addiction to candy.
- This episode's plot is similar to the book 'Zine Scene, except that Jimmy is replaced with Libby.
- This is the only time Jimmy uses his laser telescope.
- When Jimmy is flirting with Cindy, he is playing "Mr. Walky Man", like Hugh does with Judy sometimes.
- The title logo looks like the Universal theme parks logo (which was the former home of Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast) and the DiC Entertainment logo.
- This wasn't going to be the series finale; John, Keith and Steve had bigger plans for season four, but since DNA Productions went out of business due to the failure of The Ant Bully, season four was cancelled. As a result, they've kept their plans in secret until further notice and all of the employees moved to O Entertainment, which became "Omation" and would later produce Back at the Barnyard and Planet Sheen.