Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Lame and Fortune"|
|Season 9, Episode 199B|
|Airdate:|| July 7, 2016 (Israel)|
July 11, 2016 (USA)
|Written by:||Doug Lawrence|
|← Previous||Next →|
The episode starts with a crane being lowered, looking as though the load is going to go onto a boat, but it goes into the sea instead. SpongeBob and Gary are looking at clouds, until they see the box full of fortune cookies, before it lands on SpongeBob. Gary realizes that it is not a cloud, and decide to look inside where they find many fortune cookies. SpongeBob tries it with one of them, as does Gary, before coming to the conclusion that they can indeed accurately predict the future.
SpongeBob then takes them to the Krusty Krab where he tries to convince Mr. Krabs to give them away with every purchase. Mr. Krabs quickly shuts him down by remarking "Even the smiles here cost a nickel." Squidward backs him up by saying that they are lame and that fortune cookies never come true. SpongeBob tells Squidward to try one, and when he opens it, it says "You will be rewarded for your particular talents." Squidward is presumably about to say how that will not happen before he wins the "most miserable cashier in Bikini Bottom" contest. He gets a cash prize, although Mr. Krabs takes it.
Vincent Waller confirmed this episode on Twitter on April 18, 2016.
- This is the first episode to use the HD version of the title sequence.
- This episode premiered in Israel six years after "The Cent of Money" premiered and one year after The Adventures of SpongeBob SquarePants DVD was released in the United Kingdom.
- This is the second time Plankton is seen on the surface, the first was in "The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water."
- This is Mama Krab's first appearance since season 6's, "Spongicus".
- This is the second time SpongeBob pressures Squidward into eating something. The first was in "Just One Bite."
- This episode premiered four years after SpongeBob Comics No. 10 was released.
- This episode was rumored to premiere on May 7, 2016, but it did not premiere on that date. The episode officially premiered in both Israel and the United States 2 months later in July 2016.
- This is the first episode to use a CGI model of the Bikini Atoll island.
- The beginning of this episode is similar to "Frankendoodle," in which something falls down into Bikini Bottom.
- This is the fifth time an episode ends with Plankton being eaten. The first time was in "F.U.N.," the second was in "Banned in Bikini Bottom" the third time was in "20,000 Patties Under the Sea," and the fourth was in "Frozen Face-Off."
- This is the fourth time Squidward has been referred to as an octopus. The first was in "The Play's the Thing," the second was in "Sweet and Sour Squid," and the third was in "Patrick! The Game."
- This is the second time SpongeBob has been trampled by the customers.
- This episode takes place before Have You Seen This Snail? and possibly Born to Be Wild because this is the episode that Lenny and Mable-Monica fall in love and in Have You Seen This Snail?, they are shown to be dating or married.
- This is the first new episode to have the new intro, however, this is not the first episode to show it, the HD version was shown on "Eek, an Urchin !" On the July 9, 2016 airing.
- This is the third time something has been dropped into Bikini Bottom, the first time being in the episode Frankendoodle, being the pencil and next in Truth or Square, being the pineapple that SpongeBob lives in.
- Karen was also at Mr.Krabs Funeral
- The title is a reference to the phrase "fame and fortune" and the Elvis Presley song of the same name.
- When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs enter the Krusty Krab, the doors are missing.
- When you open a fortune cookie, you don't eat the fortune, you eat the cookie. This happened at the ending where Plankton falls out of a fortune cookie, and the person is trying to eat the fortune.
- Although they might have thought Plankton was part of the fortune cookie.
- In the scene right after SpongeBob takes Plankton's fortune cookies, Lenny is shown without his suit on in the wide shot, but in the shot, where Squidward asks for a break, Lenny is wearing his suit.
|This page uses content from Encyclopedia SpongeBobia. As with Nickipedia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|