|"Little Yellow Book"|
|Season 9, Episode 182A|
|Original air date:||March 2, 2013|
|Written by:|| Luke Brookshier|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Squid Baby"||"Bumper to Bumper"|
Little Yellow Book is the first segment of the 182nd episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
It starts off at the Krusty Krab, where business is slow. As a result, Squidward decides to rest. Before he even gets a chance to start relaxing, however, a whole bunch of fish come. Squidward freaks out when he realizes SpongeBob isn't making Krabby Patties. Squidward then finds SpongeBob in a barrel. He screams at him, resulting in SpongeBob melting out of the barrel. SpongeBob makes the food and serves everybody while Squidward finds a book in the barrel. Then, SpongeBob grabs it and puts it in between the two frying baskets. Whenever Squidward tries to see the book, SpongeBob snatches the book from him, which happens twice. A few minutes later, SpongeBob takes a break and Squidward finds the book in the barrel again. Now, that he finds out the book was a diary, Squidward reads SpongeBob's diary to everyone at the Krusty Krab. The first secret he reads is that Spongebob named his spatula Fifi. This amuses everyone and when SpongeBob comes back asking what's going on, Patrick teases him about him naming his spatula Fifi. Embarrassed, SpongeBob nervously excuses himself to the kitchen. Squidward then reads another secret, which reveals that whenever SpongeBob sees plaid, he acts like a chicken. The last secret is if he hears the Bikini Bottom Municipal Anthem, he dances in his underwear. Later, SpongeBob finds out Squidward's been reading his diary and gets embarrassed about Squidward reading his diary, crying, "Squidward, how could you?" Then, he runs away from the Krusty Krab, and bumps into Mr. Krabs. Since Mr. Krabs is wearing plaid, the second SpongeBob sees him, he acts like a chicken. Then he continues crying and runs into town. Squidward then finds a newspaper that talks about "JERK READS DIARY! LOCAL FRY COOK DEVASTATED!" Squidward just laughs at the paper. Then he goes in a taxi but the taxi driver just drives away. Later on, he goes to his house, only to find out that his loan was taken away. Now when Squidward sleeps on a bench, the police regonize him and lock him in the stocks. Then Patrick throws tomatoes at him. Then Squidward apologizes to SpongeBob and he learns that he only read SpongeBob's work diary, which got published. SpongeBob also tells him he never read his secret personal diary, which would be really embarrassing. A crowd comes to throw tomatoes at Squidward when SpongeBob tells them he forgave Squidward. Nat tells SpongeBob Squidward is reading the secret personal diary. SpongeBob gets upset again and runs away. The episode ends with tomatoes being thrown at Squidward by the disgusted crowd, laughing as he reads SpongeBob's diary, "I don't care! This is so worth it!"
- This episode has been criticized by a number of fans mainly because the episode shows Squidward in a very negative light.
- This is the third time SpongeBob has been humiliated by Squidward and the Krusty Krab customers. The first two were "Fools in April" and "Grandma's Kisses". He was also embarrassed at the Krusty Krab by Mr. Krabs when he was one of the Bikini Bottom Ghosts in "Pranks a Lot".
- This is Squidward's second villainous appearance since "That Sinking Feeling", as he tried to make SpongeBob feel bad.
- It's unknown how Squidward got his house back in later episodes. Maybe it's because that they gave it back on the account that reading another person's diary has nothing to do with a loan.
- The police actually could not have done what they did to squidward as reading another person's diary isn't against the law.
- It is revealed that if SpongeBob sees plaid, he'll act like a chicken. Also, if SpongeBob hears the Bikini Bottom Municipal Anthem (instrumental), he'll dance in his underwear.
- However in "Patty Hype", he was selling plaid patties with no problem. And in "Stanley S. SquarePants", Sandy's cousin was wearing plaid, and SpongeBob did not act like a chicken.
- In "Imitation Krabs" SpongeBob and Robot Krabs (Plankton) sang the Bikini Bottom Anthem, and SpongeBob didn't dance in his underwear. It could have been an alternate anthem or due to it was being vocal instead of instrument. It could also be due to the instrumental part not being present.
- It is revealed that Mr. Krabs has hair.
- This is the third appearance of the paperboy. The first two were "Hall Monitor" and "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II".
- In this episode, Squidward laughs at SpongeBob when he's crying, yet in "Fools in April", he feels guilty for making SpongeBob cry and tries to apologize.
- SpongeBob and his work diary state that his spatula is named Fifi, yet in All That Glitters and other epsiodes it was called Spat. It could have been another spatula or that he renamed it.
- This episode reveals that SpongeBob has two diaries, both which have been read by Squidward.
- As of this episode, SpongeBob is now a critically-acclaimed author.
- This episode once again reveals SpongeBob's spatula having the ability to make multiple copies of its head. This would not be shown again until the episode "Evil Spatula".
- This is the third time the customers become ravenous and physical in the dining area due to an extended wait for the patties. The first two times were "Truth or Square" and "Oral Report". Another, more technical, time was "Help Wanted", yet the nematodes did not have an extended wait in a sense.
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob are preparing the secret Krabby Patty formula from scratch. The first was "The Great Patty Caper".
- Running Gag: Squidward reading SpongeBob's diaries.
- Kelpy G's manager appears as a taxi driver.
- When SpongeBob took off his pants, his shape liked like the pants, and didn't show his feet