|"Married to Money"|
|Season 9, Episode 196B|
|Original air date:|| April 29, 2016 (Germany & Poland)|
May 3, 2016 (USA)
July 8, 2016 (Canada)
|Written by:|| Josh Androsky|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"The Fish Bowl"||"Mall Girl Pearl"|
"Married to Money" is the second segment and the 196th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
Plankton has another attempt at stealing the Krabby Patty Secret Formula using seabears, but SpongeBob stops him by tickling the seabears and covering himself with Jellyfish Honey, which seabears apparently crave. Then Plankton and Mr. Krabs argue, and Plankton says to Krabs "If you love money so much, why don’t you marry it?" Mr. Krabs says that it's not such a bad idea, giving Plankton an idea.
- During the first airing of this episode, in some areas, a weekly test of the Emergency Alert System for cable broadcasting interrupted the program.
- This episode is similar to "Safe Deposit Krabs," where Mr. Krabs falls in love with money, although he is hallucinating. It is also similar to "Money Talks" and "Enemy In-Law", where Plankton falls in love with Mrs. Krabs via a 'robot' to get the formula.
- Different variations of some of the music in the show are used in the episode, with varying instruments and pitches. This also occurs in later episodes.
- Mr. Krabs mentions he has never told anyone the Krabby Patty formula before, even though he has told SpongeBob, as revealed in "Truth or Square" and the SpongeCopys' in "CopyBob DittoPants."
- The lamppost appears to be bigger than the one in "Hall Monitor."
- This episode was temporarily paired up with "Lost in Bikini Bottom" when it first aired on May 3.
- This episode takes place after "The Camping Episode" because in that episode, SpongeBob is afraid of Sea Bears and meets a sea bear. In this episode, he is familiar with the species and is not afraid of them.
- This episode most likely takes place before "Just One Bite" because in Squidward's dreams, Nat was the pastor, so this might be where he saw Nat as a pastor in real life to have that dream.
- The line "The name's Krabs, Eugene Krabs," is an reference to the James Bond films, where Bond says "The name's Bond, James Bond."
- This episode has a similar plot structure to the 2014 Rocky and Bullwinkle short, where Bullwinkle marries a robotic female moose with Boris controlling it from the inside.
- Pearl mentions Cinderella and Prince Charming, as "those movies on TV."
- During the bird's eye view of the wedding, you can see the galley grub and order here sign missing.
- In some shots where the Sea bears were attacking the Krusty Krab, the Galley Grub sign changes positions to either in front of the door leading to Mr. Krabs office or beside it.
- When Cashina blows up and exposes, the money lands all on the floor, but when the angle changes the money is seen on the sofa.
- After Pearl says she is not wearing shoes, she is wearing her white boots in the next scene.
- Nat is shown twice in the marriage scene.
- When Mr. Krabs first sees Cashina, the street light has a "BUS" sign on it. When Mr. Krabs punches the street light, the "BUS" sign is gone.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 9th Season