Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob"|
|Season 5, Episode 94B|
|Airdate:||August 3, 2007|
|Written by:|| Nate Cash|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Blackened Sponge"||"The Inmates of Summer"|
SpongeBob introduces Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy to the Krusty Krab, by including toys in the new meal for children. Mr. Krabs' profits increase, as children flock to the Krusty Krab. When Plankton finds out, he uses mind control to turn Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy against Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob. Then everyone goes to the Chum Bucket and waits for Plankton to make food. Then, SpongeBob brings a big truck and feeds Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy fiber which brings them back to normal. Then everyone goes back to the Krusty Krab. When Plankton comes back with food, he sees the customers are gone and gets upset.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: To Love a Patty
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Season 5 - Volume 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 5th Season
- When Plankton got the meal, he saw Mr. Krabs smiling on the side of the krusty kids happy hero meal box, he then preceded to hit it multiple times with the Mermaid Man action figure and the pencil with a Barnacle Boy eraser and then he began stomping on it, the smile of Mr. Krabs on the box then turned into a frown.
- When Squidward delivers a meal to a birthday party he says its for a twins party while all of the kids were different, but maybe they were fraternal twins (siblings born on the same day, but look different).
- It is shown many times that to get the Krabby Patty formula, Plankton just needs 1 Krabby Patty to figure out what is in it. But since Plankton got a kids meal, it would of come with a Krabby Patty, meaning the formula could have been pretty much his.
- The title card in this episode states that "Mermaidman" is one word altogether.
- Time Warner Cable and Dish Network call this episode Mermaid Man vs. Sponge.
- After the Krusty Kids meal commercial, you can see that Karen is at the Krusty Krab getting a Krusty Kids meal, even though usually Karen would've been the screen Plankton watched the commercial on in the first place.
- When Mermaid Man did the spine blaster on SpongeBob, you can see SpongeBob's leg bones, even though sponges are invertebrates.
- When Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy enter the Krusty Krab, it kind of looks like Whale of a Birthday when Pearl leaves the Krusty Krab, throwing everyone on the ground.
- Squidward delivers six boxes of Krusty Kid's Meals to the "Tarpon Twins". The tarpon is a type of fish.
- Chummy Joes is a pun on the real-life food item, Sloppy Joes.
- In "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V", Barnacle Boy balked at the idea that he be served a Pipsqueak Patty instead of the standard Krabby Patty. However, in the commercial, both he and Mermaid Man promote the Krusty Kid's meal, the main course being a Pipsqueak Patty.
- Oddly enough, when Karen brings Plankton the Krusty Kids Meal, a Pipsqueak Patty is included, meaning he would of had the opportunity to use the Analyzer and get the Secret Formula.
- Plankton could've just duplicated the formula from the meal Karen got him, instead of trying to sabotage all of Mr. Krabs' customers through Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
- Although Plankton liked the Mermaid Man toy and the Barnacle Boy pencil so much, it is unknown whether Plankton watches the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy TV show often.
- During the commercial at the beginning, the music that plays during the last part is "Trumpet Hornpipe", better known as the theme for the BBC children's series Captain Pugwash.