Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 7, Episode 130B|
|Airdate:||November 27, 2009|
|Written by:|| Zeus Cervas|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Greasy Buffoons"||"Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful"|
Listening in on a conversation Mr. Krabs was having on the phone, SpongeBob thinks he's going to get fired because he heard Mr. Krabs was going to "let the little guy go" today. He tries to be taller than Squidward, seeing who was the "little guy," eventually realizing that he is indeed smaller. Distraught, he leaves for home. Back in Mr. Krabs' office, we see him letting the "little guy", a pet scallop in a cage, go and it flies out of the window.
SpongeBob sits at home depressed when Patrick arrived to borrow the refrigerator because his was empty. When he learns of SpongeBob's predicament, he tells him he should find a new job. SpongeBob tries out banking and architecture, but finds that fry cooking is the only thing he knows how to do.With some encouragement from Patrick, he tries out for a sponge role at a TV station and, despite a complete lack of talent, gets it. When SpongeBob arrives at work the next day, he thinks he's going to be a big actor, but it turns out the "acting" he'll be doing is the role of a sponge in a bathroom cleaning commercial. So he gets naked in order to be the New Sponge. Before they get to cleaning the toilet, he quits and returns to the Krusty Krab, begging Mr. Krabs for his old job back. He's lucky enough to get it, under the condition that he also cleans the restaurant's toilets, which he does happily, while a talking hand is reading a newspaper,sitting on one of the toilets.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Great Patty Caper
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 7th Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob, You're Fired!
- Mr. Krabs is seen in golf clothes, but in "Selling Out", he claims that he hates golf.
- SpongeBob sings badly in this episode and "Sleepy Time", but in others, he sings very well.
- It was unknown why they used SpongeBob instead of the product they were advertising. Maybe they didn't have any or the money to buy it. They probably thought it was cheaper to hire a commercial actor for free and not pay them. On the other hand, if they did use the product they were advertising, the commercial would have been better.
- Even with SpongeBob's job, he could still have financial problems because of his low salary, but in many other episodes, he could be seen with a lot of money.
- This episode reveals that Mr. Krabs had a pet scallop.
- One kitchen sponge could not possibly pick up that much dirt. In addition, Spongebob is a kitchen sponge, so cleaning the toilet was totally unnecessary.
- In Suds, SpongeBob was happy when he was used to clean things. This time, he gets upset about it, drawing the line at cleaning the toilet. He was never used to clean a toilet; that was Patrick.
- SpongeBob didn't know what the job was although the BBTV Lady gave him a script.
- The bathroom shown look's like the one shown in Sandy's Treedome in the episode Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy.
- In this episode, SpongeBob is almost used to clean a toilet. He is actually used to clean a toilet in "Home Sweet Rubble."
- The scene where SpongeBob was thinking of a suitable job while standing in front of a billboard is reminiscent of Dora the Explorer.
- When the hook takes off SpongeBob's clothes, SpongeBob's sleeves are still on, but in the next scene, they're gone.
- While SpongeBob still has his clothes on, the bathroom background seems to be clean.
- When SpongeBob first enters the set of the commercial, everything is normal sized, but after the filming starts, the set is so big that SpongeBob seems to be the size of a normal kitchen sponge, and to add to that, once the filming stops, the set is normal sized again.