"Mommy's Little Assets" is the first segment of the 56th episode of Rugrats.
Charlotte takes Angelica and Tommy to work with her and puts them in the care of Johnathan, her assistant. Will the babies ruin Charlotte's business deal with Famous Ethel's Cookies? Maybe this will show her what happens when she shuts down the at-work daycare center at her company.
- Famous Ethel is a parody of the real-life cookie brand, "Famous Amos."
- Tommy and Angelica are the only Rugrats seen in the episode. Also, although Chuckie isn't mentioned, it can be assumed that Chas probably took his son with him to the convention.
- Things having to do with Charlotte:
- According to Jonathan, she was kidnapped by terrorists at least once.
- She claims that she would never call one of her employees "Sweetie," at least not since the Clarence Thomas hearings (referencing the Anita Hill-scandal).
- She makes references to the visual artists Norman Rockwell and Robert Mapplethorpe.
- She has two fish in her office named Vesko and Boski, which are references to Robert Vesco and Ivan Boesky, notable white collar financial criminals from the 1980s.
- She refers to her meeting with the Famous Ethel's Cookies-representatives as a "coup," implicating intentions to take over the company.
- In this episode, she's shown to be the president of MergeCorp, but in episodes after this, she's said to be the chief executive officer (commonly called a "CEO" for short).
- A CEO is always the highest ranked officer in a company while the role of the president ultimately depends on the company--a president is often either the second-in-command to a CEO or possibly the head of a specific branch of a company (in which case, there would most likely be multiple presidents instead of just one).
- Things having to do with Jonathan:
- He was voiced by Rene Auberjonois in this episode. However, he is now voiced by Dan Castellaneta in all subsequent episodes.
- Although he's very dark-skinned in this episode, in the later seasons, his skin tone is considerably lighter.
- While he's been mentioned lots of times before this (through Charlotte talking over her cellphone with him), this is his first onscreen appearance.
- Jonathan's line "just the facts, ma'am" is the catchphrase of Joe Friday, the protagonist of the television series Dragnet.
Home video releases
- Rugrats: Mommy Mania
- Rugrats: Season 3
| "Gee, this is harder than I thought."|
This article about an episode is a stub. You can help Nickipedia by expanding it.
| This article is missing an appropriate picture.|
You can help Nickipedia by adding one.