|"Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation"|
|Season 8, Episode 160B|
|Airdate:||November 9, 2011|
|← Previous||Next →|
The episode starts off with Mr. Krabs showing SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy, and Pearl a slideshow about his vacation to the Bikini Bottom Mint.
In a flashback, Squidward is about to give out change to a customer but suddenly, Mr. Krabs calls all his employees into his office. In his office, Mr. Krabs says that he will take either Squidward or SpongeBob with him and Pearl on a roadtrip, but then Squidward gets up and leaves (glad that he is closing it down), leaving Mr. Krabs to choose SpongeBob for the trip. In the boat, Pearl isn't happy, she throws a suitcase on to SpongeBob, telling him not to get up until they leave town. After they leave, SpongeBob asks if he can get up and Pearl says "sure." They pass Super Mega Mall World and Pearl thinks that they are going there, but Mr. Krabs promises where they are going is way better. They then pass Planet Rollercoaster and once again, Pearl thinks that they are going there and Mr. Krabs says where they are going is a hundred times better.
They park right in front of the Teenage Boy Museum and right when Pearl walks up to it, it is demolished by a wrecking ball. Mr. Krabs tries to comfort her, saying that they weren't going there anyways. He then says that they are going to the "Bikini Bottom Mint" to see the money making process, but Pearl says that she would rather search through the rubble of the "Teenage Boy Museum" and proceeds to do so. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs the go inside and meet the tour guide, "Bill" SpongeBob laughs but Bill is aware of the irony of his job and name. They get to the part where Mr. Krabs sees money being shredded.
He starts crying, which floods the factory. SpongeBob absorbs the water and shoots it out the wall, destroying the autographed photo that Pearl finds. Bill is tired of SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs constantly interrupting the tour, so he then calls security to escort SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs out, but sees them tied up and gagged by two bank robbers. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs stop them and are each rewarded with a Special Edition 1 dollar bill with their faces on it. Mr. Krabs then takes the bill from SpongeBob, saying that "he hasn't charged him yet for bringing him on this trip."
Pearl then shows up and says that "she hasn't charged him for taking her on this terrible trip" and takes the two bills from him. Her friend then shows up and Pearl hands her the two dollars that she owes her for the shoes, saying that she must have maxed out her father's (Mr. Krabs) credit card. With the two bills gone, SpongeBob says "Oh no" and Mr. Krabs starts crying, flooding the factory.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete Eighth Season
- This is the fifth and final of the five episode miniseries on Nickelodeon.
- This was Marc Ceccarelli's first episode as a writer and storyboard director.
- It is unknown why Mr. Krabs took a trailer with him, considering the fact that the tour was over in less than a day.
- This episode hints that SpongeBob might have a crush on Pearl, because he says "looks like you and I are going to spend quality time together" and he has a flirty look. He did something similar to this in "Tunnel of Glove."
- Mr. Krabs is a formidable fighter when it comes to money, as seen when he fights the robbers off. Another instance was seen in "The Lost Mattress," when he stood up to a vicious junkyard worm which was guarding his money-filled mattress.
- Bill speaks in a manner similar to Ben Stein.
- Running Gag: Various body parts are seen deflating including Mr. Krabs' left arm and both eyes and even Bill's head fin.
- When Squidward says, "Hallelujah!" the song Hallelujah can be heard in the background. This also plays in the episode "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?"
- This episode was rated PG in Canada.
- When SpongeBob's eyes display blue triangles which says YES and PLEASE is a reference to the Magic 8 Ball, a fortune-telling toy.
- Fred was blue when he appeared in this episode with the tourists. In one scene, he was brown. In the next shot, he was back to being blue.
- In one scene of the episode, Sandy's neck is colored white instead of brown.
- Mr. Krabs has no eyes, arms, or nose when he is crying. After SpongeBob absorbs up his tears, he has all of them back, with no explanation as of why.
- While driving to the Bikini Bottom Mint with Mr. Krabs and Pearl, SpongeBob complained he had to use the bathroom. However, when they arrived, he didn't need to go to bathroom. It's possible that SpongeBob just peed his pants or he was able to hold it.
- When this episode premiered in Poland on July 14, 2012, it was mistakenly aired in Romanian language instead of Polish. When they reran on February 3, 2013, it was mistakenly aired in Spanish. Both episodes finally aired in Polish language on February 26, 2013.