Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 1, Episode 11A|
|Airdate:||September 25, 1999|
|Written by:|| Ennio Torresan|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"F.U.N."||"Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost"|
When SpongeBob realizes that he is extremely weak, he asks Sandy to help him workout. However, Sandy's methods prove far too intense for him, and he runs back home. At home, he sees an ad on TV for a product called "Anchor Arms", which are inflatable muscles. SpongeBob purchases Anchor Arms, and is at the Goo Lagoon bar showing off his (fake) muscles when Sandy sees him, and enrolls him in the Anchor Toss Competition. where each contestant must throw an anchor the farthest they can. SpongeBob cannot even lift the anchor, and blows up his Anchor Arms so much that they explode, revealing him as a fraud. The next scene shows SpongeBob changing TV channels with a remote in Sandy's treedome as an to get stronger exercise, which he finds exhausting.
- Frank is another competitor in the Anchor Throwing Contest, but somehow didn't get a chance to throw the anchor.
- The acorn symbol on Sandy's suit is only three dots when she first arrives at SpongeBob's House.
- There appears to be four fish in the overhead shot of the competition area although only three compete.
- The muscle arms are later used by the SpongeBob robot in SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom after it is defeated by the player and before SpongeBob enters its head.
- A couple of lines said by Sandy in the Juice Bar scene are not closed-captioned.
- The billboard sign with beachgoers working out reads "Mussel Beach", instead of "Muscle Beach". This is a reference to the tiny shell-covered creatures commonly found on beaches.
- Sandy would've placed third if the anchor didn't chase the man.
- SpongeBob's line of "This squirrel's trying to kill me" would later be repeated in "Pre-Hibernation Week".
- When SpongeBob hits the pole after Sandy finishes signing him to the anchor-toss competition, he is in his normal clothing instead of his bathing suit.
- There are notable closed captioning errors in SpongeBob's line while he is using the telephone after the training scene.
- When SpongeBob is fantasizing about having muscles, he is cooking full Krabby Patties on the grill instead of just the patty.
* When Sandy is asking SpongeBob his secret, the purple fish behind her has darker eyelids than usual.
- SpongeBob is weaker than normal in this episode shown not being able to pickup a glass, while he can pick up several things heavier normally.
- After watching the commercial for the inflatible Anchor Arms, Spongebob says he needs to get to a phone, although he just got off the phone with Sandy minutes earlier, insinuating he had no phone near him.
- The man who measured the anchor throwing distances was far from the other anchors after Larry the Lobster had his turn, but when Sandy had a turn, the man was next to the anchor before running around in circles.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 1st Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Home Sweet Pineapple
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes