|My Family's Got GUTS|
|Starring:|| Ben Lyons|
|Country of origin:||United States|
|# of episodes:||40|
|Running time:||30 minutes|
|Original run:||September 15, 2008 - October 10, 2009|
The show was taped in Sound Stages 23 and 24 at Universal Studios Florida, housing the Extreme Arena and the Aggro Crag, respectively. Stage 21, where the original GUTS program taped, is currently occupied by production of TNA Wrestling. This version is hosted by Ben Lyons and officiated by Australian celebrity Asha Kuerten. It was the first Nickelodeon production to be produced at Universal Studios Florida since the closing of Nickelodeon Studios in 2005.
The show is unlike the original GUTS as it follows a tournament-style structure. The preliminaries consist of two events and then the Aggro Crag. Points also do not determine the winner. Each 10 points a team is ahead of the other is worth a one second head start (maximum: 7 in the preliminaries, and 10 in the semi-finals) in the Aggro Crag. In the semi finals, there are three events before the Aggro Crag that are more difficult than the previous round. The Aggro Crag is also more elaborate and challenging and the maximum head start is 10 seconds.
My Family's Got GUTS recorded 2 seasons at once, and did not air in original taping order (that explains the episode numbers out of order). Each day, they would record 1 episode for Season 1 and 1 episode for Season 2, to be aired later this year. (This information was given to the audience by the warm-up at tapings)
- Sky Slam- Two teammates from two different teams compete in a basketball challenge where they are connected to elastic wires, in order to slam dunk baskets. a teammate is able to call a defense from their team to help block the opponent for a slam dunk. Each dunk is worth 10 points, whoever has the most at the end of 90 seconds wins.
- Flying Football- This challenge is related to the Sky Slam event, but this is where the competitors must play in football style. Each catch is worth 10 points, whoever has the most at the end of 90 seconds wins.
- Supertoe PK- The competitors must kick soccer balls into making the most points, whoever has the most at the end, wins that challenge. Each goal is worth ten points. This is a 90 second timed event.
- Free Run City- Teammates must have a relay and get through many obstacles to get to the finish, beating the other team. This is a two min. timed event. Each second a team has left under two min. is worth a point.
- Vert Ball- In a related vein of dodgeball, the teams must get the opposite team's members out. In order to win the event, they must avoid the other teams's offense hurling for 90 seconds.
- Aggro Crag- This takes place when the families must climb a 22 foot tall mountain to taste, "My Family's Got GUTS" victory, and win the competition.
|1||"Chastain Charge vs. Sherry Storm"||September 15, 2008||114|
*Round 1: Free Run City- Green Team (1:02; 58 points) & Red Team (1:02; 57 points)
|2||"Cyclone Jones vs. Hurricane Hutagalungs"||September 16, 2008||116|
*Round 1: Free Run City- Green Team (1:22; 38 points) & Red Team (1:04; 56 points)
|3||"Rojo Grande vs. Eichen-Splat"||September 17, 2008||101|
*Round 1: Free Run City - Green Team (1:12; 48 points) & Red Team (1:08; 52 points)
|4||"Lowe Riders vs. Howlin' Howells"||September 18, 2008||113|
*Round 1: Free Run City - Green Team (1:41 19 points) & Red Team (1:35 25 points)
|5||"Dionne Dash vs. Gahres G-Dogs"||September 19, 2008||112|
*Round 1: Free Run City - Green Team (1:33; 27 points) & Red Team (2:00; 0 points)
|6||"Kickin' Johnsons vs. Richards Riptide"||September 22, 2008||115|
*Round 1: Free Run City - Green Team (1:22; 38 points) & Red Team (1:09; 51 points)
|7||"Chastain Charge vs. Cyclone Jones"||September 23, 2008||107|
*Round 1: Air Salom - Green Team (8; 80 points) & Red Team (6; 60 points)
|8||"Eichen-Splat vs. Howlin' Howells"||September 24, 2008||108|
*Round 1: Air Salom - Green Team (2: 20 points) & Red Team (2; 20 points)
|9||"Gahres G-Dogs vs. Kickin' Johnsons"||September 25, 2008||109|
*Round 1: Air Salom - Green Team (2; 20 points) & Red Team (1; 10 points)
|S01||"My Family's Got GUTS: Road to the Aggro Bowl"||September 26, 2008||---|
| Ben Lyons and Asha Kuerten look back at some of the important events that occured durring the Prelims ans Semi-Finals. Plus, the auditions of My Family's Got GUTS and three clips shows of the finalist teams. At the end reveals the events for the Aggro Bowl.|
|10||"Cyclone Jones vs. Howlin' Howells vs. Gahres G-Dogs in the Aggro Bowl"||September 27, 2008||110|
| (The season finale is a 1-hour event) Cyclone Jones (Red) Howlin' Howells (Blue) Gahres G-Dogs (Green)|
- Sherry Storm vs. Chastain Charge
- Cyclone Jones vs. Hurricane Hutagalungs
- Rojo Grande vs. Eichen-Splat
- Lowe Riders vs. Howlin' Howells
- Dionne Dash vs. Gahres G-Dogs
- Kickin' Johnsons vs. Richards Riptide
- Chastain Charge vs. Cyclone Jones
- Eichen-Splat vs. Howlin' Howells
- Gahres G-Dogs vs. Kickin' Johnsons
Finals (Aggro Bowl)
- Cyclone Jones vs. Howlin' Howells vs. Gahres G-Dogs
|Nickelodeon Games and Sports|
|Double Dare • Finders Keepers • Think Fast • Make the Grade • Wild & Crazy Kids • Get the Picture • What Would You Do? • Nick Arcade • GUTS • Legends of the Hidden Temple • Figure It Out • You're On! • Robot Wars • My Family's Got GUTS • BrainSurge • Webheads • Paradise Run • Keep It Spotless|