NickSplat is an programming block that began broadcasting as The Splat on TeenNick on October 5, 2015, replacing The '90s Are All That. Differing slightly from its predecessor, the block airs past Nickelodeon shows dating from 1984 to 2003, though still primarily focusing on shows from the 1990s. The block is shown each night from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM EST.. Unlike its predecessor, The Splat features a different line-up of shows each night. In addition, the block has featured themed weeks, live stunts, retro recreations, and its own dedicated website.
The block notably aired some of the last episodes of As Told by Ginger, previously unaired in the US, on the weekend of October 23, 2016.
Shows featured on NickSplat
- Broadcasts on the block notably marked the first time several past Nickelodeon shows have aired on US television in years.
- The premiere week marked the first airing of You Can't Do That on Television since June 2004; the first airing of Welcome Freshmen since September 1996; the first airing of the original Double Dare since the fall of 2004; and the first airing of Roundhouse since June 1999.
- KaBlam!'s spotlight appearance for October 8-9, 2016, marked the show's first airing since December 2007.
- ChalkZone's spotlight appearance for November 12-13, 2016, marked its first airing since its departure from NickToons on October 28, 2013.
- The block's broadcasts have also marked the first time You Can't Do That on Television, the original Double Dare, Roundhouse, Welcome Freshmen, KaBlam!, As Told by Ginger, Action League Now!, ChalkZone, Oh Yeah Cartoons, and All Grown Up! had ever aired on TeenNick.
- For April Fools' Day of 2017, the Splat showed inexplicable pop-ups of scary scenes from shows (such as Zeke the Plumber from Salute Your Shorts or Tommy's clown face from the Rugrats episode "In the Dreamtime") during the episodes.
- ↑ "Nickelodeon Hopes ‘The Splat!,’ A Late-Night Serving of 90s Favorites, Makes New Mark ". Variety. http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/nickelodeon-splat-1990s-tv-1201601411/. Retrieved on September 24, 2015.
- ↑ Nick & More! Blog: The Splat's Premiere Week Schedule
- ↑ TV By the Numbers: Nickelodeon Takes Fans Back to the '90s With the Launch of 'The Splat'
|Nickelodeon Programming Blocks|
|Current||Nick at Nite • Nick Jr. • Nick's Saturday Night • NickSplat|
|Defunct||The '90s Are All That (events • schedules) • Friday Night Nicktoons • Friday Night Slimetime • Nick in the Afternoon • Nickelodeon Games and Sports for Kids • NickMom • Nick Studio 10 • Nick on CBS • Nick Jr. on CBS • Saturday Morning Hang Zone with Lincoln Loud • Saturday Morning Nicktoons • SLAM! • SNICK • TEENick|