|Launched:||2002 (Channel 9 block)|
September 3, 2010 (channel)
|Owned by:||MTV Networks International|
Telekinisi (Local TV) Anonymous Broadcasting, Film, Advertising & Publishing Company
Nickelodeon Greece (often called Nick Greece) is a cable and free-to-air in Athens television channel, counterpart of the American Nickelodeon. It is owned by the Local TV Anonymous Broadcasting, Film, Advertising & Publishing Company. The channel was launched on September 3, 2010 on Immitos, with an analog signal for Parnitha start being broadcasted two years later. A HD version of Nickelodeon started officially broadcasting on October 17, 2011 via OTE TV. As with MTV Greece, Restis Enterprises was involved in launching Nickelodeon in Greece.
Nickelodeon was originally a block on Channel 9 (formely called TVCosmopolis) from 2002 to 2007.
TVCosmopolis/Channel 9 block eras
In 2002, the Athens channel TVCosmopolis (short: TVC) got the rights for broadcasting Nickelodeon media, including series with Greek dubbing, idents, shorts, promos etc. In the first era of 2002-2004, there were classic 90s idents (as it was the first time Nickelodeon officialy aired cartoons in Greek), usual TVC's promos about those cartoon series and commercials about competitions where viewers had to answer a question (ex.: "What's the name of the school, where Ginger Footley goes on?) and send the answer in a address, under the name NICKTOONS, in order to win famous toys. In the next era, after the fire that almost completely destroyed the station and the channel was renamed to Channel 9 during the end of 2005, started using the latest splat bumpers/commercial about the shows in Greek. That block ended on 2007.
2016-2017 eraNickelodeon Greece's new program started with promoting the series The Mojicons, with slogan "Ξέχνα ότι ήξερες για το κίτρινο!" (Forget what you thought about yellow!). The series finally premiered on September 11, 11:30 AM. Also, Yo-Kai Watch, which was premiered in selected Nickelodeon channels across Europe, premiered in Greece on September 3rd, 09:45 AM. Later, Nickelodeon changed its program, transferring all the live-action series from 19:30-21:30 to 11:00 AM-12:55 AM (that time, only Monday to Friday). Now there are, instead of those, cartoon series (one of them is Danny Phantom, which wasn't putted on the timeline for years) and a Nick Jr. series on 20:30. Also, every Sunday, instead of a Nick Jr. series on 20:30, a Nickelodeon Movies (short: Nick Movies), featuring TV-made movies is putted.
Alongside promotional papers and commercials, Nickelodeon has advertised those changes, along with the arrival of new series (most of them not produced by Nickelodeon itself) and new episodes from SpongeBob SquarePants, Rabbids Invasion, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles etc.
During the last days of September 2016, Nickelodeon advertised the premiere of the shows Regal Academy (October 3rd) and Pig Goat Banana Cricket (October 1st). Also, banners started appering for 1st time in shows, and later, on advertisments. There were also the premieres of Pumpkin Reports, Endangered Species (Τριπρος Μπελάς), The Deep (Τα Μυστι κάνεις της Αβύσσου) and Zorro: The Chronicles. For a long period, Nickelodeon was focusing on its Weekend program, putting there new series and episodes.
Co-operationsThe company owning the channel, itself had co-operations with local station of Peloponnese. Tele Time was airing a Nickelodeon block, with the co-operation starting on September 2010, a year after the start of the co-operations with MTV Greece. The crisis Tele Time had, resulted in firing almost everyone working there and Nickelodeon cartoons airing 24/7, with the channel being now known as "ΤΤ powered by Nickelodeon". On August 2012, MTV Greece and Nickelodeon Greece moved its programs to Super B. As of Summer 2015, it had stopped airing Nickelodeon cartoons, in favor of programs taken from MTV Greece and other local Athens stations.
Note: Below, airdates are also listed.
- SpongeBob SquarePants (Μπομπ Σφουγγαράκης)
- Episodes 205, 207-210: April 3-7, 2017
- The Fairly OddParents (Δύο Φανταστικοί Γονείς; Seasons 5 to 9)
- Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Χελωνονιντζάκια)
- Avatar: The Legend of Aang
- The Legend of Korra (Avatar: Ο Θρύλος της Κόρρα)
- T.U.F.F. Puppy
- The Penguins of Madagascar (Οι Πιγκουίνοι της Μαδαγασκάρης)
- Planet Sheen
- Back at the Barnyard (Τα Μυστικά της Φάρμας)
- Rocket Monkeys (Μαϊμούδες στο Διάστημα)
- Danny Phantom
- ALVINNN!!! and the Chipmunks (Ο ΑΛΒΙΝΝΝ!!! και η παρέα του)
- Harvey Beaks (Χάρβεϊ Μπικς)
- Breadwinners (Οι Φραντζολοδιανομείς)
- Sanjay and Craig (Σάντζε και Κρέγκ)
- Robot and Monster (Το Ρομπότ και το Τέρας)
- Episodes 1-26: April 14, 2014 - May 19, 2014 (Monday to Friday)
- Transformers: Rescue Bots
- The Mojicons
- LEGO Friends
- Oh Yeah! Cartoons
- Random! Cartoons
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius (Ο Νετρόνιος Τζίμι: το Αγόρι Ιδιοφυία)
- El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
- Winx Club
- Fanboy & Chum Chum
- Yo-Kai Watch
- Regal Academy
- Pig Goat Banana Cricket
- Episodes 1-25: October 1, 2016 - October 25, 2016
- Episode 26: November 20, 2016
- Endangered Species (Τριπλός Μπελάς)
- Monster High
- Zorro: The Chronicles
- Episodes 1-26: October 28, 2016 - January 2, 2016 (Monday to Friday)
- Chop Chop Ninja
- True Jackson, VP
- Drake & Josh
- Big Time Rush
- The Troop
- Supah Ninjas
- The Thundermans (Οι Thundermans)
- Game Shakers
- The Haunted Hathaways (Οι Στοιχειωμένοι Hathaways)
- Every Witch Way
- Talia in the Kitchen
- School of Rock
- The Mighty B!
- Hey Arnold! (Άρνολντ)
- CatDog (Το Γατόσκυλο)
- Rocket Power
- The Angry Beavers (Οι Τρελοκάστορες)
- Tak and the Power of Juju
- Gormiti: Nature Unleashed (Gormiti: Η Φύση Αντεπιτίθεται)
- Pet Parade
- LEGO City
- LEGO Ningago
- LEGO Star Wars
- LEGO Legends of Chima
- LEGO Hero Factory
- Catscratch (putted off the air, due to ESR claiming that the series advertises alcohool, as there was a scene involving the cats drinking Root Beer)
- The X's
- The Wild Thornberrys
- As Told by Ginger (Το Ημερολόγιο της Ginger/Όπως λέει η Ginger)
- Team Hot Wheels: The Legend of Awesomeness (movie; splited in 4 episodes)
- Eureeka's Castle (Το Κάστρο της Γιουρίκα)
- Power Rangers Samurai
- Power Rangers Super Samurai
- Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures
- Kenan & Kel
- Life with Boys
- The Adventures of Pete & Pete (Οι Περιπέτειες των Πητ και Πητ)
- Legends of the Hidden Temple (Τα Μυστικά του Κρυμμένου Ναού)
Nick NewsNick News (formerly called Ειδήσεις, as the news station of LocalTV) was a 15-minute Greek version of Nick News, hosted by Όλα Πολίτη, Κατερίνα Δαμουρά and Χρήστος. It would feature speeches about various/Nickelodeon subjects. Two other segments were Nick Agenda and Nick Sports.
WOW!WOW! was a 5-minute Greek show, hosted by Χρήστος Κούτρας. It would feature various subjects.
Happy EndHappy End was 10-minute Greek show, hosted by Μαριάνθη Μπαϊρακτάρη, who would show each time a preview of book, by saying some quotations of that.
PlayPlay was a 10-minute Greek show, hosted by Χρήστος Κούτρας. It would feature information and interviews for theatrical performances.
Nick Jr. Greece is a long programming block airing on Nickelodeon Greece. It airs two hours on weekdays and four hours on weekends.
From September 2016, a Nick Jr. series is putted in the time of 20:30, along with two (non-Nick Jr. series seen) series on 14:15-15:15.
- Dora the Explorer (Ντόρα, η Μικρή Εξερευνήτρια)
- Go, Diego, Go! (Πάμε, Ντιέγκο, πάμε!)
- Blaze and the Monster Machines (Ο Μπλέιζ και οι Φίλοι του)
- Dora and Friends: Into the City (Η Ντόρα και οι Φίλοι της: Περιπέτειες στην Πόλη!)
- Shimmer and Shine (Σίμερ και Σάιν)
- The New Teletubbies
- Fresh Beat Band of Spies (Μουσική Ομάδα Κατασκόπων)
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (Μικρό μου Πόνυ: Η Φιλία είναι μαγική)
- Zack and Quack
- PAW Patrol
- Little Charmers
- The Day Henry Met (Την Ημέρα που ο Χένρι συνάντησε)
TeenNick was a weekend noon programming block and version of the channel of the same name, which premiered on January 7, 2017, with new episodes of The Thundermans and the premiere of School of Rock.
During April 2017, Nickelodeon Greece started using more the banner, resulting in the comeback of live-action shows in the prime time, and the usage of the block itself becoming as official as that of Nick Jr.
Nickelodeon MoviesNickelodeon Movies (short: Nick Movies) is a programming block/branding, set nowadays every Sunday on 20:30. It features every time a TV-made movie and most of them are live-action.
Previously, there were movies airing, instead of the weekend marathons and under the name of the block, during December 2015 and January 2016.
- March 26, 2016; Premiere
- Big Time Movie
- October 2, 2016
- Best Player
- A Fairly Odd Movie: Grow Up, Timmy Turner!
- October 9, 2016
- A Fairly Odd Christmas
- A Fairly Odd Summer
- June 12, 2016; Premiere
- Splitting Adam
- January 2, 2017
- One Crazy Cruise
- Santa Haunters
- Liar, Liar, Vampire
- Nicky Deuce
- September 25, 2016
- Half-Shell Heroes: Blast to the Past
- Welcome to Monster High
- December 10, 2016; Premiere
- "Lost in the West"
- December 11, 2016; First-part Premiere
- December 18, 2016; Second-part Premiere
- December 25, 2016; Third-part Premiere
Marathons with 4 episodes of a selected Nickelodeon series every Saturday and Sunday, till January 7, 2017 were occured, from 15:15 to 16:45.
- Saturday 1/Sunday 2, October 2016
- The X's
- Saturday 8/Sunday 9, October 2016
- Danny Phantom
Nick Mania was a 3-hour block featuring Nickelodeon's newest series and others.
Cartoons aired formely on various channels
- The Ren & Stimpy Show (ANT1; 90's kids programming block; Subtitled)
- CatDog (ET1)
- Rocket Power (Alter Channel)
- Hey Arnold! (Prisma+)
- Danny Phantom (Prisma+)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (STAR Channel; Starland animation block; 2008-2012; replaced by Baby Looney Tunes)
- Dora the Explorer (STAR Channel; Starland animation block)
- Go, Diego, Go! (STAR Channel; Starland animation block)
- The Penguins of Madagascar (Star Channel; Starland animation block)
- Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! (NERITplus)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (STAR Kentrikis Elladas; Note: As this is the only Nickelodeon cartoon airing outside Nickelodeon Greece nowadays in various times, it's possibly right that the show is aired by illegal copies of the series' Greek DVDs)
- Pelswick (KidsCo)
- Rabbids Invasion (Smile TV; Different Dubbing; Note: This is aired outside Nickelodeon Greece nowadays in various times, as the channel has accuired the rights from Ubisoft Motion Pictures)
Day of Play
- → Main article: Worldwide Day of Play#International version
Nick StarsNick Stars was an event occured on January 6th, 2016, from 08:05 to 22:30. In this event, several series would have up to 3 episodes airings that day and during commercial breaks, there would be children talking about Nickelodeon.
- 08:05-08:30 Transformers Rescue Bots
- 08:30-09:20 Paw Patrol (2 episodes)
- 09:20-09:45 My Little Pony
- 09:45-10:35 Shimmer and Shine (2 episodes)
- 10:35-11:30 The Legend of Korra (2 episodes)
- 11:30-12:55 Harvey Beaks (3 episodes)
- 12:55-13:45 SpongeBob SquarePants (2 episodes; Atlantis SquarePantis)
- 13:45-14:45 Get Blake! (2 episodes)
- 14:45-15:45 ALVINNN!!! and the Chipmunks (2 episodes)
- 15:45-16:45 Rabbids Invasion (2 episodes)
- 16:45-17:45 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2 episodes)
- 17:45-18:30 Winx Club (2 episodes)
- 18:30-19:30 The Fairly OddParents (2 episodes)
- 19:30-20:30 Every Witch Way (2 episodes)
- 20:30-22:00 Game Shakers (3 episodes)
- 22:00-22:30 Rabbids Invasion
Kids in ActionKids in Action (formerly called Nick in Action) is a series of conferences about kids, under the aegis of the Greek Ministry of Education & Religious Affairs.
Snow LandSnow Land was a live Christmas event on the Olympic Athletic Centre of Athens "Σπύρος Λούης", ran from November 28th, 2014 to January 11th, 2015. Nickelodeon Greece and MTV Greece were involved in. While people were moving to the places, a livestream of the radio station of Restis Enterprises, Music 89,2 could be heared.
Many places, including the MTV Game House, the ice skate station, a mini-cinema, wall climbing, the house of SpongeBob and more were putted, along with various events.
Forfeitures from The National Council for Radio and Television
|March 1, 2011||Nickelodeon Greece||Showing on Nick News about parkour, causing moral damages||15.000 euros (supposed; price feature turned down)|||
|March 15, 2011||Nickelodeon Greece||Showing current titles and other entertainment shows, instead of news shows||15.000 euros|||
|October 22, 2012|| Tele Time|
TT powered by Nickelodeon
| Airing only Nickelodeon and MTV content every day|
Transcending the runtime of the block
|May 13, 2013||Nickelodeon Greece||Changing the physiognomy of the station from news to not, due to not having a informative show||30.000 euros|||
|May 27, 2013||Nickelodeon Greece||Not putting TV ratings on the screen||15.000 euros (supposed; price feature turned down)|||
|July 8, 2013||Nickelodeon Greece||Showing commercials about toys (some of them being war-themed ones) in wrong time zone||20.000 euros|||
|Nickelodeon Greece||Showing shows (including "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler") without TV ratings on the screen||None|||
|March 2, 2015||Nickelodeon Plus||Showing on September 29, 2014, content from MTV Greece, although it doesn't have a networking license||30.000 euros|||
|Showing commercials about toys in wrong time zone|
|October 19, 2015||Nickelodeon Plus||Exceeding the deadline of the commercial breaks' runtime||20.000 euros|||
- There are cases, where the screen will start glitching, while a cartoon is airing on, in order to change the up-left logo with a slighty different version, which would be seen a very few minutes before returning back to its original one. They are happening since 2016.
- ↑ To αγαπημένο σας κανάλι τώρα εκπέμπει και από την Πάρνηθα!. Nickelodeon.gr (2012-07-30). Retrieved on 2017-03-17.
- Official Tele Time site (archived on November 16, 2011)
- Official website
- YouTube channel
- Facebook page
- A Greek 2017 Easter card
|Europe||UK & Ireland • Netherlands • Flanders (Belgium) • Germany • France • Spain • Portugal • Italy • Denmark • Greece (+ • schedules) • Scandinavia • Sweden • Poland • Switzerland • Serbia|
|America||Canada • Brazil • Latin America|
|Asia||South East Asia • India • CIS • Arab World • Israel • Pakistan • Japan|
|Other||Australia • New Zealand • Africa|
|Nick Jr. Worldwide|
|Europe||UK/Ireland (Too • Peppa) • Netherlands • Flanders (Belgium) • Germany • France • Spain • Portugal • Italy • Denmark • Greece • Scandinavia • Sweden • Poland • Switzerland|
|America||Canada • Brazil • Latin America|
|Asia||South East Asia • India • Arab World • Israel|
|Other||Australia • New Zealand • Africa|