|"No Weenies Allowed"|
|Season 3, Episode 48A|
|Airdate:||March 15, 2002|
|Written by:|| Paul Tibbitt|
|Directed by:||Andrew Overtoom|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Can You Spare a Dime?"||"Squilliam Returns"|
"No Weenies Allowed" is the first segment of the 48th episode of SpongeBob SquarePants.
SpongeBob attempts to get into the Salty Spittoon, a club for tough creatures only.
SpongeBob and Sandy are at Goo Lagoon they were going to go swimming in the lake but SpongeBob wasn't wearing his bathing suit, Sandy pointed this out, and SpongeBob went to go change into his bathing suit. While Spongebob is in the changing in room, he puts on his Karate suit, wanting to suprise Sandy. However, when he comes out of the Changing Room and suprise attacks Sandy, Sandy slashes at him, showing she had the same idea. During the battle Sandy hits SpongeBob so hard he goes flying out of the water. Sandy uses this time to get icecream, when SpongeBob flies back into the water, Sandy pauses her ice cream moment to hit Spongebob and he goes flying. SpongeBob flies so far he ends up at a place the place has a bunch of muscle men waiting in line for something. SpongeBob hits into one of the scary muscle men, and he gets angry, thinking its a paper. He turns around to see who through the "Paper" at him and SpongeBob gets scared because the man is very strong and will hurt him. Spongebob covers it up by hiding until Sandy comes and he comes out. Sandy comes and asks what they're standing in line for and the muscle man says their waiting in line for the Salty Spittoon. The toughest sailor club in Bikini Bottom. And that only the toughest fishes can get in.
SpongeBob tries to get into the Salty Spittoon. But, the bouncer, Reg allows Sandy in as she's one of the toughest fighters in Bikini Bottom, but rejects SpongeBob because he is not tough enough. Reg suggests that SpongeBob instead go to one of the nearby Weenie Hut Jr. chains, much to SpongeBob's intense annoyance and humiliation.
The Weenie Hut Jr. patrons suggest ways for SpongeBob to prove his toughness and gain entrance. SpongeBob figures that the quickest way to do so would be to win a fight, but since he is not very strong, he decides to stage a fight with Patrick. The staged fight nearly fails as Patrick begins to legitimately attack SpongeBob, but soon remembers his job and beats himself up. Reg becomes amazed about SpongeBob beating up Patrick without touching him and finally allows him to enter the Salty Spittoon.
SpongeBob runs inside the club. However, he slips on an ice cube and falls, putting him in the hospital. He initially is admitted to Bikini Bottom General Hospital, but while talking to the doctor, he refers to his injuries as "boo-boos." The doctor suggests that SpongeBob be admitted to a hospital named "Weenie Hut General."
- In HBO's TV series "Six Foot Under" on the episode "You Never Know," Julio, the son of Federico, was watching this episode.
- One of the geeks at Weenie Hut Juniors also made a cameo in "Sing a Song of Patrick," at the comic store and in "Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture" as a member of the Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy fan club (where he was voiced by Dee Bradley Baker).
- Reg is also seen in "Krusty Krushers" in the line of people waiting to fight the huge wrestlers.
- Super Weenie Hut Juniors appears again in "Stuck in the Wringer."
- In the partner episode, "Squilliam Returns," one of the sheets that gets shredded when SpongeBob clears his mind is titled, "Spice Garden Tips." What makes this interesting is SpongeBob mentions his spice garden in this episode.
- This is the first time SpongeBob calls Patrick "tubby." The second time is in "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler," except he's called that by the Strangler, not SpongeBob. The third time is in "The Abrasive Side."
- In this episode, SpongeBob is depicted as a wimp who is easily injured. However, many episodes, mainly "The Bully," depict him being hurt badly, but he does not feel a thing or get injured.
- In the Brazilian Portuguese version of the episode, the man that is launched out of the Salty Spittoon shares the same voice with Squidward.
- In this episode, SpongeBob realizes the joke about "Sandy" after Sandy kicks him up from sand underneath, but he already knew the joke about "I'm sandy" in "Ripped Pants."
- When the tough guy says he ate a bowl of nails for breakfast this morning without milk, it parodies one of Mr. Ratburn's secrets during the Arthur short story "Arthur And The Real Mr. Ratburn," as per Prunella's dialogue to the gang: "He eats nails for breakfast without milk," while Mr. Ratburn is the third-grade schoolteacher.
- A reference to this episode is made in "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie" where one of thugs was eating a bowl of nails without milk in the Thug Tug.
- When a thug says I ate a bowl of nails for breakfast without any milk to Reg, it became a popular internet meme, with a voice-over replacing a bowl of nail of nails with something else.
- The opening still, which says No Weenies Allowed, resembles the Oscar Mayer hot dog packaging (Oscar Mayer would use the term wiener when describing its hot dogs in advertisements).
- When Patrick beats himself up in front of SpongeBob, thats a reference to the cult film Fight Club, where The Narrator beats himself up in front of his employer.
- After Sandy flips Reg's tattoo around, it is then flapped back to normal, still reading "WOW." Later, it then says "MOM" again, and then just scribbles.
- Reg states that SpongeBob belongs at Super Weenie Hut Juniors when in fact SpongeBob actually goes to Weenie Hut Juniors.
- When Patrick punches SpongeBob in the fake fight, SpongeBob gets a black eye. When he smiles, the black eye goes away.
- Every time the geeks, SpongeBob, and Patrick go off screen or go to a close-up, their chairs change color (blue and white are the colors).
- When SpongeBob returns to Weenie Hut Jr.'s and has his hands in his sundae, and the robot calls him a "weenie" once again, SpongeBob mouths "weenie" when the Robot says it.
- At first, Patrick is worried that SpongeBob would enter Salty Spittoon. After the Robot gives a good advice, however, he is then interested to help him.
- In real life, you won't get sent to a hospital for younger people if you describe your injuries as "boo-boos."
- Before SpongeBob started talking to the nerds, the chair on his right is empty, but when it pans left again not even a minute later, Patrick is in the chair already.
- In the Bahasa Indonesia version, there's a mistake when nerds talk Patrick about Mega Weenie Monday:
- Nerd #2: Actually they moved Double Weenie Wednesday to Friday.
- Nerd #3: And besides, today's Sunday.
- Patrick: Oh, so it's Mega Weenie Sunday?
- Nerd #2: Uhh, that's now on Sunday.
- Patrick: Barnacles!
- Nerd #3: Super Weenie Hut Jr's has a Mega Weenie Sunday.
- Nerd #2: Uhh, no, you're thinking of Monster Weenie Sunday.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Sea Stories
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 3rd Season
- SpongeBob SquarePants: 10 Happiest Moments
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The First 100 Episodes