Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Season 5, Episode 104A|
|Airdate:||March 4, 2008|
|Written by:|| Casey Alexander|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Suction Cup Symphony"||"Gone"|
SpongeBob is convinced by Squidward that he is not normal. He proceeds to purchase a video on "How to become normal" in order to change his ways. SpongeBob slowly changes over a three-week time period, becoming a more rounded-shaped sponge without holes, lacking his buck teeth, having a small nose and big freckle-less cheeks. He also becomes more mild mannered than his usual self.
Along with his new appearance and personality, SpongeBob purchases a new suburban home and works in a cubicle at the Krusty Krab like "normal" people do. Instead of regular Krabby Patties, he prints them out on pieces of paper. He soon loses his job after the customers notice the new tasteless krabby patties.
Afterwards, SpongeBob goes over to Squidward's house and talks to him. He states that Squidward is not normal, pointing out that Squidward has various abnormalities, such as a large "bulbous" nose, odd eyes, and wearing no pants. Angered, Squidward kicks SpongeBob out of his home.
Upset, SpongeBob enlists Patrick's aid to make him abnormal again. After a trial of odd tasks, SpongeBob slowly regains his buck teeth, holes, freckles, and other former traits. However, in Patrick's home, he soon transforms back to "normal", concluding that has become "permanently normal". SpongeBob and Patrick begin crying, but a few moments later, Squidward appears at the door in his "normal" form (wearing pants and has a large round head, "normal" eyes, and a small nose). This snaps SpongeBob out of his normal state and returns him back to his old self. He hugs Squidward and thanks him for making him his true self again and compliments Squidward that it is "a wonderful weather they're having".
- When Squidward looks back at the grill area, there is no cubicle; When he goes back to get a cup of water, a cubicle appears.
- As SpongeBob and Patrick are belly-sliding through town, they go up a ramped truck. Oyster Stadium can be seen as they are falling.
- When SpongeBob says Tap, erus uoy era?, it's backwards for Are you sure, Pat?.
- SpongeBob's "normal" house looks like the NET Building on the classic PBS Kids TV show, Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.
- When "normal" Squidward is first shown, he only has 2 legs. But when SpongeBob is hugging him, he has all 4 legs.
- When SpongeBob talks backwards, he says "Tap erus uoy era?" (backwards for "Are you sure Pat?"), captions say "Chap beru soy era."
- When Squidward is riding his bike to his house, he looks up and sees SpongeBob's "normal" house. When the camera pans out for us to see all 3 houses, SpongeBob is not there. But when the scene cuts to Squidward, he is there.
- During SpongeBob's first "normal" day, his freckles constantly appear and disappear.
- When SpongeBob and Squidward are having tea, Squidward is holding a teacup. But when SpongeBob begins criticizing Squidward, the teacup disappears for the remainder of the scene.
- The Krabby Patties made from SpongeBob's computer were shown to be real and edible. It was paper only when one of the costumers bit into it.
- There was nothing in the kitchen when Squidward looked in. Then there was an office stall when he walked in.
- If one plays the scene where SpongeBob fixes Squidward's face frame by frame, they could see Squidward's face was already the original shape before he fixed it back.