Patchy the Pirate is a fictional character in the Nickelodeon animated series, SpongeBob SquarePants.
He likely did not use [Patch the Pirate], to avoid confusion with a not-so-well-known personality.
He is a live-action character who hosts the SpongeBob SquarePants specials and mahor events.
He is the president of the SpongeBob SquarePants Fan Club and is portrayed by Tom Kenny(who also voices SpongeBob and Gary). He is the 15th of 18 main characters.
It is stated by Potty the Parrot that he loses everything, including his eye, arm, and leg.
He has an eyepatch (that switches eyes every scene or two) and hook for a hand that alternates between his left and right hands.
Patchy also has a black beard and wears a hat and other pirate accessories.
In "Christmas Who?" Patchy accidentally hit his eye, and switched his eye patch between eyes.
In "The Sponge Who Could Fly," it is inferred that he must remove his hook and peg leg in order to take a shower.
Patchy even has a spare foot, for when he goes outside.
He resides in a small home in [Encino, California].
His bedroom is filled with SpongeBob-themed items such as plush toys, collectibles, bedspreads, and pillows. (He threw them all out because he thought SpongeBob betrayed him.)
He also wears SpongeBob underwear.
His next door neighbor, an elderly woman named Mrs. Johnson has been known to make cookies for him, and he requests they be put in a doggie bag.
He has a pet parrot, Potty, who is also his sidekick.
They tend to not get along, such as in Ughwhere Patchy had interest in the prehistoric times, while Potty liked the future.
As president of the SpongeBob SquarePants fan club, Patchy hosts special episodes and events.
He appeared in the following television specials:
- Christmas Who?
- Party Pooper Pants
- The Sponge Who Could Fly
- Friend or Foe
- Atlantis Squarepantis.
- He was on the TV Special with [Tony Hawk] on Have You Seen This Snail? where Patchy and Tony look for Gary by following a slime trail,
Patchy ended up on Friday Night Slimetime while Tony ended up in Times Square.
In "The Sponge Who Could Fly," Patchy reveals that he lost an episode of SpongeBob.
He tells everyone to forget about SpongeBob. However, a map comes flying through the window, which leads to the lost episode.
He set out on the treasure hunt. The journey entailed taking 10 paces past Mrs. Johnson's house, walking past Don's Import Store and Delicatessen, to the forked tree, and finally crossing the Seven Trials of Monkey Lagoon (seven playground attractions at a public park named Monkey Lagoon).
When all is said and done, he uncovers the Lost Episode and presents it to everyone.
He hosted the SpongeBob marathon, the Best Day Everon a boat in New York City harbor. In his opinion, New York City is the best city ever.
While hosting the marathon, he played chess with his teddy bear (and lost), read magazines (such as one about Jessica Alba), and wrote in his diary with a seahorse pen.
He also revealed that he had an extreme childhood fear of seahorses, and thereby was frightened by his pen.
He also read books, drank hot cocoa, and ate cookies. He later fell asleep at midnight, and missed #85, "Shell of a Man."
He is still asleep after this episode, with his hook in his mouth.
In the middle of the night, Patchy woke up to announce #61, "Suds" and came up the excuse that he was "resting his eyes".
However he was mumbling and stumbling over his words in the process as a sign that he was half-asleep and skipped numbers 62-73. After that he went back to sleep.
He did not fully wake up until after #43, Nature Pants. His alarm clock rang at 8 a.m. It sounds similar to a boat horn.
He had Pirate Flakes cereal and Orange Juice for breakfast. He also got a back massage, and told the viewers about the Empire State Building.
Patchy also hosted the Z to A countdown from the Bahamas starting at 5:00 pm on November 12, 2007.
It was revealed that he cannot swim, but perservered with an underwatrer talkshow to present Atlantis SquarePantis.
What He Hates
Similar to Squidward and other characters, he hates lots of things:
- Encino, California has lots of traffic problems
- Mayonnaise (because when it gets 130 degress Farenheit, mayonnaise will go rody on a ham & cheese sandwich)
- Children not knowing the correct meaning for three-bell ringing sign.
- Being stuck in a highway
- The almost-conceived-to-be-the-actual Lost Episode of SpongeBob, which was just him walking with wacky moods and feelings.
- The children that are the crazy monkeys of the Playground that threaten him.
- Techinal Difficulties!
- Losing things, especially his arm, leg, eye, and the Lost Episode of SpongeBob Video.
- Being interrupted during his shower.
- Giant evil-cloned technology-created robots from the future that fight against his caveman show from the year 4319.
- Getting late for a brand new SpongeBob episode.
- Birds, such as The Bird Brains and female birds
- The unsurprising results why everybody hates the party he plans.
- Television interruptions that he keeps changing TV channels like (FOX, CBS, qubo, and other TV channels).
- Being less intelligent than someone.
- Dreams and hallucinations that lie to him he's not in trouble when he really is in.
- Ailens and Shrink-A-Trons
- Being lost somewhere where he doesn't know where he is.
- Baking omelettes on his to-do list.
- Washing his for getting fired, for not obeying.
- And even just bad about labor-seving toys!
In logo, Patchy the Pirate cameo appearance in "Have You Seen This Snail?" and "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?". Patchy the Pirate and Potty go to the theater and watch "The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie" in The Spongebob Squarepants Movie.
Patchy also appears on Big Time Rush........He has a relative named Scratchy.-by Mary Emmons
- "I don't know what it means either"
- "This is the end of SpongeBob! WAAAAH!!!!"
- "Oh go away, you stupid bird."
- "Get me out of here, you scurvy bird!"
- "You what???"
- "Hey kids!"
- "Now time for the cartoon."
- "Oh, no! I've ruined the lost episode! Now it's lost forever!"
- "It's time for fan mail."
- "You ate all me cookie dough!"
- "Turn on the Weather Channel!"
- "Hurray! Lets Watch."
- "Wow, Wasn't That Great Kids?"
- "WHAT!? They let a Smelly Hairy Fleabag like that serve food!!!?"
- "Well Potty I guess you were right the future is cool"
- "That's it? That's the lost episode?? That was just a bunch of cheap walk cycles!"