|"Pet Sitter Pat"|
|Season 8, Episode 164B|
|Airdate:||September 16, 2011|
|Written by:|| Casey Alexander|
|Guest(s):||Marion Ross as Grandma SquarePants|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Barnacle Face"||"House Sittin' for Sandy"|
SpongeBob gets mail and has a letter from Grandma SquarePants telling him that his grandmother is getting older, so he decides to go. But then, SpongeBob remembers that he needs to take care of Gary. He first ask Squidward to watch Gary, but he refuse because Gary ate his kelp garden. Later on, SpongeBob asks his best friend Patrick if he can take care of Gary while he is gone, and Patrick accepts. While SpongeBob is at his grandmother's, he gets distracting visions about bad things happening to Patrick and Gary. Once SpongeBob is anxious enough, he calls home numerous amounts of times to check and see how the two are doing. A couple of times, the two were in trouble, but SpongeBob "thought" they were fine [and laughing and having fun.] But the next time he calls, they are really actually having fun, but SpongeBob mistakes them for being in "danger." SpongeBob quickly ends his grandmother's birthday and rushes home to see what the fuss is about, so he arrives home after a long, tiring run and sees that his house is destroyed and filled with water when he opens the door. He walks upstairs to the sound of Gary's meowing and sees Gary reading "Snail Stories" to Patrick. SpongeBob said how nice it was the Gary was reading Patrick the book but Patrick replies thinking the book was actually called "Meow, meow."
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 8th Season
- This is paired with "Barnacle Face" although it was confirmed by Nick scheduled that "Sittin' For Sandy" would be paired with it. They changed this later on.
- Apparently SpongeBob has a phone next to the TV.
- There's a scallop in the cage also seen in "Help Wanted", "Missing Identity" "Night Light" and "Pineapple Fever."
- Apparently SpongeBob has a storage room/pantry that hasn't appeared in any episodes before this one.
- SpongeBob can be seen swimming in this episode and its sister episode, Barnacle Face. Although it was previously shown in SpongeGuard on Duty that he couldn't swim. It's possible Larry's swimming training worked out.
- In SpongeBob's flashback, Gary looks up after Patrick drops him even though Gary doesn't look up.
- When Patrick sprays water on Gary with a hose, he says, "If you don't want to go to the bath, then the bath's coming to you." This is similar to SpongeBob in Gary Takes a Bath, when he says, "If I can't bring you (Gary) to the bath, then I'll just have to bring the bath to you."
- It is unknown why Gary couldn't have just come with SpongeBob to Grandma's house.
- When Patrick stupidly tries to clean Gary with a flamer, he burns SpongeBob's bed to ashes; but in the end of the episode, his bed is only destroyed in the flood and is seen again at the end of this episode.