One day, SpongeBob and Patrick are playing, when they land in a bush. They destroy it, and the two find a worm that lived in the bush. SpongeBob takes it home, and introduces him to Gary, which takes an immediate dislike to. They fight, and SpongeBob pulls them apart. Later that night, SpongeBob lets his new pet stay where Gary usually sleeps, and Gary is sent to the guest room, which he doesn't like. The next morning, SpongeBob wakes up and sees the worm in a type of pain. He runs to Patrick because he doesn't know what to do. They go back to SpongeBob's house and see that the worm had given birth to baby worms. SpongeBob and Patrick try and put Gary and Mrs. Wormsley together, but she attacks Gary again and Gary chases Mrs. Wormsley out of town on a bus, so SpongeBob is left to take care of the worm babies. He tries to sell them, but he fails, because the babies spit an acid onto the person's face. After trying to sell them to Mr. Krabs, and he said to take them out of his restaurant. SpongeBob puts them by the garbage, but the babies spit on him too. Garbage men come up and they are about to take the garbage away when they see the acid on SpongeBob's face. They see that it is a very rare type of worm, and Mr. Krabs comes out, hearing how it is rare and they would bring a lot of money. So, SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs sell the worms to the people of Bikini Bottom.
Home video releases
- SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob's Last Stand
- SpnogeBob SquarePants: Season 6, Volume 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants: The Complete 6th Season
- In recent airings, this paired with Komputer Overload.
- Mable appears to be pink, but in usual episodes she is olive green. This confusion also happens in Le Big Switch.
- This is the third episode to premiere during Nickelodeon's "Bob Squad".
- Larry the Lobster apparently doesn't know who SpongeBob is in this episode. This happens also in A Life in a Day.
- Gary hates worms because in Sandy's Rocket, a worm is considered as a sea dog which would make snails sea cats.
- Mrs. Puff says "I hate Mondays," which is Garfield's famous catchphrase.
- The garbage man who smells the slime of the worms changes color (from blue to green).
- SpongeBob should've picked up the babies right before the truck hit them instead of making the truck stop.
- When SpongeBob puts Gary in the guest room, he turns on a light. When he closes the door, it becomes dark.
- Towards the end of the episode when SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs are selling the worms, one of SpongeBob's holes is red for less than a second.